Truth and Rumors: Smith and 49ers at odds. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Truth and Rumors: Smith and 49ers at odds.

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
SI.com has reported than Smith and the 49ers are far from a contract agreement. It looks like they are holding out for Miami. :cooldude:

My guess is that they will keep balking at the 49ers, and SF will end up drafting Rodgers, like they are supposed to.

Smith and 49ers at odds

where does the truth end and where do the rumors begin?

what if they just draft him without signing him? if i knew everybody wanted him, i'd do that.

I sure hope that it works out that way, so we can take Smith if Saben wants him or have more trading power with people wanting both Smith and Edwards.

I wonder if Smith is doing this so he can sign with Miami? It would make sense. Or maybe he just wants a lot of money and will be a pain in the *** for any team to sign.

DonShula84 said:
I wonder if Smith is doing this so he can sign with Miami? It would make sense. Or maybe he just wants a lot of money and will be a pain in the *** for any team to sign.

Sounds like a Tom Condon client.

DPlus47 said:
where does the truth end and where do the rumors begin?

what if they just draft him without signing him? if i knew everybody wanted him, i'd do that.

The 49ers dont want a holdout ala Rivers in SD. They also want the fans to show up to the games so they can get more money to build another stadium to replace their crappy one.

They need to get good fast. Rodgers will be ready now, where as Smith will be ready later.

DonShula84 said:

I dont really think he is being greedy. He said so himself hed take fame over fortune- but who really knows.

But I do really think that he would much rather play here than in SF.

UGH just a thought. What if he plays hardball with us if we draft him?

It's too early to get negative, nevermind. :D

Jnaledu3 said:
The 49ers dont want a holdout ala Rivers in SD. They also want the fans to show up to the games so they can get more money to build another stadium to replace their crappy one.

They need to get good fast. Rodgers will be ready now, where as Smith will be ready later.

They can always sign him and then trade him. Either way...we still hold all the aces.

DonShula84 said:

With his agent, he'll be hard to sign.

fishypete said:
They can always sign him and then trade him. Either way...we still hold all the aces.

SF has the advantage, not us. That is what they have been trying to prove this week.

The number one pick is the only position where you are guaranteed to get the player you want, not the number 2. After pick #1 is off the clock, then we hold the aces.

Jnaledu3 said:
SF has the advantage, not us. That is what they have been trying to prove this week.

The number one pick is the only position where you are guaranteed to get the player you want, not the number 2. After pick #1 is off the clock, then we hold the aces.

49ers take Smith....we trade Edwards......49ers take Edwards....we trade Smith......the Dolphins hold the top hand.

The Niners are pretty dumb, its only obvious they are trying now to use Alex Smith as bait to get more picks or something, especially knowing that the Buccaneers want Smith so bad, they would trade a lot. I would not be surprised to see the Niners take Rodgers, I think this is all a goof.

Back
Top Bottom