Tua and two tackles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua and two tackles

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The above should be the direction of round 1. At 18/26 or any scenario of trading down or up (from round 2), the Dolphins need to land two book-end tackles. Miami had the 32nd ranked offensive line last year. They are investing in a qb in round 1. If you are shopping for pasta, you must pick up the meatballs and sauce. Getting Karas and Flowers is not enough. Who here believes in Jesse Davis and Julian Davenport? Defensive-ends line up all over the field. In addition, you need to draft a RT very early, because he is your blind-spot tackle for Tua, being a lefty. And since Tua is injury-prone, you need a LT for a right-handed qb. Miami should use this draft and stop the bleeding of their two biggest issues, qb and Oline.

The above should be the direction of round 1. At 18/26 or any scenario of trading down or up (from round 2), the Dolphins need to land two book-end tackles. Miami had the 32nd ranked offensive line last year. They are investing in a qb in round 1. If you are shopping for pasta, you must pick up the meatballs and sauce. Getting Karas and Flowers is not enough. Who here believes in Jesse Davis and Julian Davenport? Defensive-ends line up all over the field. In addition, you need to draft a RT very early, because he is your blind-spot tackle for Tua, being a lefty. And since Tua is injury-prone, you need a LT for a right-handed qb. Miami should use this draft and stop the bleeding of their two biggest issues, qb and Oline.

I think we take a qb at 5 not so sure which one lately but I also think we take to offensive linemen as well I really think we stay at 18 and take a lineman but that 26th pick I see is jumping to pick 8 - 12 range and taking a lineman as well I just have this weird feeling

Most people make their own meatballs...

Tua, Tackle and Dobbins or Taylor in round one for me. Unless we trade #39& 70 to get into the 20s. in that event, I would take Tua, 2 tackles and then Dobbins or Taylor.

Assuming the value matches the need I would be fine with that.I am not reaching for OT at 18, I'd rather trade up and get one of the top 4 OT's than just settle on Josh Jones or Austin Jackson.

I would like both of those guys much more at 26 or even better 37.

I do like the idea of Jessie Davis playing RG more than RT.

I am a big Cesar Ruiz fan and adding him and one of the top OT's would work for me too.

Karras is signed for 1 year and could play OG next to Ruiz.

I wish I had more confidence in Dieter at RG.

Oh lord. I am fine with getting 2 tackles as long as we don't over reach for both in the first round. There is a lot of good talent in the top 3 rounds and we should let the chips drop as the may unless we want to squander our picks.

I wouldn't draft 2 OT's in the first round, or even the first 2 rounds. I'm certain we're gonna bring in another OT or 2 via free agency. I'm sure the team wouldn't want to play the year with rookie OT's at both ends of the line. Draft one stud OT in the first, maybe grab another in the later rounds, and bring in a vet as a stop gap.

We have to remember, the rebuild is going to continue into next year. We're not going to be able to fix every hole this draft. But if we get our franchise QB, a stud OT and a franchise RB or quality defensive player in the first round this year, it gives us an opportunity to spend one of next year's 1's on another stud OT and maybe another defensive player like an edge rusher, and we'll be good to go from then on.

TFK

Miami should not be on a try to fix everything in one year mode, with all the picks they have, and the FA they had, they could fix a considerable amount of positions on a team that was lacking last year...That is unheard of.

Miami just goes with their plan, don't panic, get the bpa, they can finish it off next year if they have too.

Get a future franchise QB, get the quality L-Tackle at 18, then depending what is still there, take either an Interior O-linemen, or a top RB with #26, go the oppisite way with your first 2nd round pick (If you took the Linemen, get the the RB), then with the next few picks make sure to get a TRUE nose tackle, Safety, and somewhere after getting players for those positions, take a shot on another tackle again.

If the late 2nd tackle pans out, awesome, if he doesn't, Miami has multiple picks in 2021, take another O-Tackle.

BPA all the way through! This team is not good enough to the point where BPA would be redundant.

That’s where I’m at.

Considering the advancements we’ve made on defense I’m ok with both 18 and 26 being defensive players if they are the right fit. If this team hits on those two picks sky’s the limit for the defense.

I am also not to keen on taking a RB or WR before pick 56. Assuming you go QB at 5, OL is the only place on offense I’m really looking besides defense.

It’s not the end of the world if our top priority is an OT next year. Might make more sense than having two top picks this year.

There is a glaring hole at S. The DL is still below average. We’ve upgraded our pass rushers to the point where they might be average. You can never have enough corners.

Trust your board. Don’t reach. That’s how you end up with Ju’wuan James.

Last edited:
Disagree absent appropriate value. Unless one of the top four tackles drop to #18, you're likely reaching for a tackle at that point. Maybe even at #26. Even if healthy, Tua probably shouldn't start this year. Let him learn from Fitz and give his body a full year to rest after Alabama kept rushing him back onto the field all the time. This buys a year to draft talent over need. The defense was pretty bad too. We added a few nice pieces but more is needed.

Tua at 5.
Becton, Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas at 18.
McKinney, Delpit, or Winfield at 26.
Swift or Dobbins at 39.
Jones, Ruiz, Niang, Wilson, Cleveland, or Peart at 56.
Davis, Dugger, or Chinn at 70.
Don’t trade up. Grab your franchise QB, two starting offensive linemen, your RB of the future, and your safety pairing for the next decade, all in one draft. This is the way.

Back
Top Bottom