Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine)

I'm not too young, but I don't see it as particularly relevant either.

Tua's skillset is not similar to either, and while I thought Luck was overhyped, even after RG3's great rookie campaign, i maintained he would ultimately not be a top QB in the long term.

So no, I don't know what he is talking about, as it relates to the discussion.

If the point is, "once upon a time, there were two players, who's trajectories reversed"? .......uh OK.
Exactly. Not even close to the same comparisons

Reading these threads, Im convinced alot of people here would gladly bet heads -250 after seeing someone flip 3 tails out of 10.

Herbert isnt winning **** either way. He had a great statistical year but he was on a 6 win team that was much more talented then anything Tua had. Herbert isnt gonna scare teams with 2 minutes on the clock and they are down by 4. He will find a way to choke. Its what he did in college and its what he did last year. No pressure on him he looks great like in the games late in the season last year when his team is out of playoff contention.
Last time I saw him at Oregon he was leading his team to a Rose Bowl win over 8th rated Wisconsin.

I wouldn’t agree that the Chargers were more talented last year than the Dolphins…just my opinion.

Reading these threads, Im convinced alot of people here would gladly bet heads -250 after seeing someone flip 3 tails out of 10.
It's far more likely to come up heads the fourth time.......

I wouldn’t agree that the Chargers were more talented last year than the Dolphins…just my opinion.
I agree with this... But the Chargers were much more equipped to put up passing yards than the Fins were. I dont think it was close actually...

Clueless post - why do I even bother?

Did you miss what happened to Burrow the Saviour of the Bengals last year? It want a nick either
Clueless post? But then you talk about Burrow, who's not even part of this conversation, trying to prove that anyone can get injured? Of course they can, and anyone who has a major injury, is that much more likely to re-injur it or consistently aggravate it. And since it's his hips, a major part of the body that has to do with pretty much 90 percent of the bodies movement, I would say he is at way more risk than anyone else. Especially when defenders can't hit high anymore and also can't hit low... so where are they most likely going to hit?

But my post is Clueless... ok

Clueless post? But then you talk about Burrow, who's not even part of this conversation, trying to prove that anyone can get injured? Of course they can, and anyone who has a major injury, is that much more likely to re-injur it or consistently aggravate it. And since it's his hips, a major part of the body that has to do with pretty much 90 percent of the bodies movement, I would say he is at way more risk than anyone else. Especially when defenders can't hit high anymore and also can't hit low... so where are they most likely going to hit?

But my post is Clueless... ok
Not to mention Tua's 2 tightrope procedures on his ankles in back to back years. Rushing back both times.

— December 2018: In the fourth quarter of the SEC championship game against Georgia, Alabama left tackle Jonah Williams accidentally steps on Tagovailoa's right ankle and causes an injury. Tagovailoa sits out the rest of the game and eventually has a tightrope procedure performed on his ankle so he can return for the College Football Playoff.

— October 2019: Tagovailoa suffers another right ankle injury, this time a high ankle sprain during a win over Tennessee. He again opts to undergo a tightrope procedure for a quick recovery. He misses one game (a win over Arkansas) before returning to start in Alabama's loss to LSU.

...he's got a solid history of getting injured. With his build, a successful season for Tua is staying healthy the whole year.

I love how everyone is up on Herbert's junk after one rookie year. It's like let's actually get some sample size here people.
no ones up on herbert, Tua just wont make it in the NFL. I for one didnt want Herbert either, but give me the smarter 6 ft 6 non injury prone QB with a rocket arm all day if given the choice...

Herbert isnt winning **** either way. He had a great statistical year but he was on a 6 win team that was much more talented then anything Tua had. Herbert isnt gonna scare teams with 2 minutes on the clock and they are down by 4. He will find a way to choke. Its what he did in college and its what he did last year. No pressure on him he looks great like in the games late in the season last year when his team is out of playoff contention.
Especially now that fans are back in stadiums. Hell, even his home games might have more opposing fans that charger fans in LA. I think we'll know alot more about both qbs after this season for sure.

Especially now that fans are back in stadiums. Hell, even his home games might have more opposing fans that charger fans in LA. I think we'll know alot more about both qbs after this season for sure.
Ya think? Lol

Heh! If Tua turns out to be the next Drew Brees, I'll always be here saying, "I had my doubts". I'll wear my, "I was wrong" t-shirt and I'll laugh about it as we win games.

Being wrong is part of being alive.
Thank you! I've been trying to say this.

I bet Redskins/Colts fan felt the same way about RG3/Luck after their respective rookie years.
Was he claiming effective years because Griffin is still around? Luck was smart and got out while he could. Based on size and profile, Herbert could play a long time and probably be a backup forever as well. It probably wouldn't be shocking for him to play longer.

Back
Top Bottom