Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine)

Coming off an uncertain injury, Tua was a more risky pick than Herbert.

Herbert certainly looks like he could withstand the rigors of the NFL more than Tua. That was my main concern with Tua.

Have to wonder how Herbert would have played at Alabama too, rather than in a system that didn't highlight his talents very well.

Tua definitely seemed to have the edge in accuracy and decision making. His collegiate career was certainly far superior than Herbert albeit with much more talent around him at Alabama.

Hopefully Tua will prove he was the right pick. Year one does favor Herbert.
The injury(ies) were one of my main concerns as well. Actually, I feel better about that aspect after last year.

Aside from that, I have always preffered the "prototypical" size QBs, with a strong arm.

Yes, I know that isn't everything, but it certainly doesnt hurt, all other things being equal (which they never are).

The injury(ies) were one of my main concerns as well. Actually, I feel better about that aspect after last year.

Aside from that, I have always preffered the "prototypical" size QBs, with a strong arm.

Yes, I know that isn't everything, but it certainly doesnt hurt, all other things being equal (which they never are).
Same here.

That makes sense.

I also think Tua is potentially a better fit for what Flores wants from the offense. His vision is probably similar to what he saw from Brady and the success in New England, i.e. quick reads, get the ball in the hands of the playmakers, limit mistakes etc.

That makes sense.

I also think Tua is potentially a better fit for what Flores wants from the offense. His vision is probably similar to what he saw from Brady and the success in New England, i.e. quick reads, get the ball in the hands of the playmakers, limit mistakes etc.
Brady recalls these things said about him before the draft:

--Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

Yet people jumping on Tua because they think he doesn't have a good enough arm.

Brady recalls these things said about him before the draft:

--Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

Yet people jumping on Tua because they think he doesn't have a good enough arm.
Right. And now that Brady has won a super bowl in Tampa Bay, it's ridiculous to call him a systems quarterback. That has been the narrative from detractors anyway.

Obviously, accuracy and decision making are vital to a quarterback's success.

Back
Top Bottom