Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine)

Heh! If Tua turns out to be the next Drew Brees, I'll always be here saying, "I had my doubts". I'll wear my, "I was wrong" t-shirt and I'll laugh about it as we win games.

Being wrong is part of being alive.

Tua IMO was the least odious of the big 3 drafted in 2020. I'm not 100% sold on him & will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Herbert will do fine. Its Burrow I worry about. Zac Taylor makes Wildeyes Gase seem reasonable.

Though, lets just say the 2020 class >>>> 2021 class.

p.s. Jordan Love had a great Jr Year in college and benefitted greatly. The Packers chose poorly IMO.

"Now, he knows the deal. He knows the offense. He gets a full offseason. And he can lead"

Problem is......, he doesn't know the offense. The gruesome-twosome coordinators just handed him a new playbook. (or is it 2 playbooks?)

Everyone is now learning a new playbook so don't expect to many any huge offensive fireworks until at least mid season. It's the dolphin way.

"Now, he knows the deal. He knows the offense. He gets a full offseason. And he can lead"

Problem is......, he doesn't know the offense. The gruesome-twosome coordinators just handed him a new playbook. (or is it 2 playbooks?)

Everyone is now learning a new playbook so don't expect to many any huge offensive fireworks until at least mid season. It's the dolphin way.
I'd be extremely surprised if Tua wasn't an integral part of constructing the offense (with Godsey, Studes, Frye, and Flo).

He will know it cold.

I'd be extremely surprised if Tua wasn't an integral part of constructing the offense (with Godsey, Studes, Frye, and Flo).

He will know it cold.
They've had months to prepare this playbook with Tua. I think some will be surprised how well Tua knows it.

Najee Harris talked about how at the Senior Bowl, the Dolphins were basically running the Alabama offense with different terminology. Also, Tua has been working out with his receivers in the off season.
He will be MUCH more comfortable this year

I know.

It was a bit of sarcasm for @NBP81 . We've had some in depth discussions/debates about statistical analysis..... Lol
Got it! I figured the intelligent members of this group knew the basics of probability so was surprised when I saw otherwise.

Oregon's offense had 204 yards of offense. The lowest by a rose bowl team in 40 years. He threw for 138 yards and an INT. Come one now.
Ducks didn't used herbert right way..herbert has size,spd,can throw. Sometimes you just got give guy credit. He played good year one..

..I hope Tua turn out to be man. If not draft or find veteran qb...it up Tua take position and keep it...the way nfl protect qb Tua injury shouldn't be big factory.

Last edited:
It has also came out recently that Gailey treated Tua with baby gloves much the same way Sherman did to RT17. Neither were allowed to call audibles regardless of the defense called, among other idiocies. Gailey was a good fit for Fitz, but archaic and stubborn to the new era of offensive creativity, and it showed.

I would expect some growing pains early again as the staff tries to work out GameDay play calling, and situational advantage, and situational counter moves, but in time this offense will become a Dolphin architect with Flo, the 2 OC's, and Frye (former QB) along with Tua creating an offense to win, and doing it together.....
vice.....
doing only Gailey's tried and tested archaic offense of yesteryear. Remember, Gailey came out of retirement to be Fitzpatrick's OC. We all thought Tua was going to sit for most of the year,, if not the whole season.. he must've been eye-opening good during practice to unseat Fitz who quickly became a magical Dolphin Legend, who most people loved.

Once ithe offense starts clicking for Tua, and his confidence becomes visual, and we see consistency, we will see tremendous growth and winning streaks The way I see it though honestly, this team really is still a full season, offseason, and draft away from really contending. If they can somehow put it together by the end of this coming season, then that's fantastic news and we can throw the electric stove away........šŸ˜
as we will be cooking with gas!šŸ”„

Back
Top Bottom