Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine)

Your comment was about the whole post, it wasn’t about one thing in the post. If that was what you meant, please show us where you pointed that out. That one question, you know the one about the oline. Oh wait you can’t.
Post #72. I highlighted the OL on his quote. So we just have a misunderstanding here. But I still am not sure how you thought I meant last year.

Is Tua learning a new playbook or is he still learning a modified Gailey playbook. If it’s a new system, I’m thinking we’re gonna have the same results. (not fully understanding the playbook) If it’s a modified play book I still see the same results, because it’s Gaileys system and he sucks. Haha so which is it.
my thought is that charlie frye, studesville, godsey, flores, and tua, are building an offense together.

tailor it completely to tua and the offense.

tua-friendly terminology.

he should be part of the creation, so he knows it like the back of his hand, despite being new.

that does not replace live action reps.

have to get to the point where what you have memorized in your mind has been repeated enough times by your body that it becomes second nature to you.

Maybe, but which system are we in for
Depends what you mean by "system".

If we are talking about terminology, the system is the same. That's really all the term means.

If we are talking about play calling philosophy, and creating mismatches, that is on the OCs.

If we are talking about the QB's ability to pre/post snap read, I would like to think experience, and an offseason of study would improve that part of the equation.

I guess my point is it isn't as binary of a "black or white" situation as some make it out to be.

Personally I think Tua will end up having a better NFL career than Herbert. So I am happy the Dolphins drafted Tua and not Herbert. Even though going into the 2020 draft I had stated that I would be happy with the Dolphins drafting either QB.

My concern with Tua at the time was the fact he was coming off major hip surgery and therefore I would have understood the Dolphins passing on him and settling for Herbert. While I think Herbert will be a solid starter in the NFL, I still prefer Tua for the long term.
Whoa... nuance? Is that allowed here?

Post #72. I highlighted the OL on his quote. So we just have a misunderstanding here. But I still am not sure how you thought I meant last year.
First off I never saw the bolded part, secondly, his whole post was about this upcoming season. So your question is a little perplexing.
Not sure why somebody would ask a question on a projection as if it already happened.

Jackson is fine at OLT
Kindley is fine at OLG
C- question, but maybe ok.
RG- Hunt (future all-pro)
RT- Eichenberg will be fine at ORT

Far more solid than it has been in years.....
Let's hope. This is the one section of the team we always say is improved in the offseason, but it never is.

First off I never saw the bolded part, secondly, his whole post was about this upcoming season. So your question is a little perplexing.
Not sure why somebody would ask a question on a projection as if it already happened.
He said it was solid as if it was a forgone conclusion.

Im backing Tua 100%. But if you were to ask me right now if I would rather have Herbert or Tua, Id take Herbert in a nanosecond.
But, Tua is our guy and I believe in him.

Well to be fair, those of us who would have rather drafted Herbert to begin with, haven't seen anything that would change our opinion. That has nothing to do with last season's performances.

Where I'm at, though, is Tua is now our QB, and there's no sense crying over something that is already done.

I'm confident that Tua will progress in a major way this year, as far as health, reading defenses, and having a lot better understanding of the offense.

If that happens, we'll be just fine.
Coming off an uncertain injury, Tua was a more risky pick than Herbert.

Herbert certainly looks like he could withstand the rigors of the NFL more than Tua. That was my main concern with Tua.

Have to wonder how Herbert would have played at Alabama too, rather than in a system that didn't highlight his talents very well.

Tua definitely seemed to have the edge in accuracy and decision making. His collegiate career was certainly far superior than Herbert albeit with much more talent around him at Alabama.

Hopefully Tua will prove he was the right pick. Year one does favor Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom