Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs

LOL are you counting his 98 yard effort

And his 84 yard effort

i mean 57, 60, 75 yards is nothing to sniff at

This slow start you refer to wasn't MIA's sad sack running game this is hilarious... we are the Dolphins we would do handstands for such a slow start

Tannehill is average without that run game a run game that sets up Play action pass not the other way around

When they get behind 2 scores and they will get behind in the POs it will be on him to dig them out
Join the Tannehill thread in the NFL forum if you want to debate Tannehill.

I don’t want to derail this thread any more.

Let’s go Tua! Looking forward to next season more than I have in a long time.

Join the Tannehill thread in the NFL forum if you want to debate Tannehill.

I don’t want to derail this thread any more.

Let’s go Tua! Looking forward to next season more than I have in a long time.
I have said my peace there as well - the FO has made their move this is a fact

I have supported Thill since he was selected I like him fact - but I could put a lot of QBs in that situation in Tenn and see similar results

Man can't shake the shocking visualization that Tua looked at times physically outmatched.

Sure helps to have an arm that can defeat coverage - individual players and schemes don't matter long-term.

Do we have the front office decision makers that made Brees a hall-of-famer? It'll take years of a committed and dedicated philosophy to achieve that. I loved the Tua choice but sure seems that this front office didn't think things clearly enough when making the choice.
On draft day Tua was better player..herbert didnt look that good in college. After watching Tua this yr..it was talent around him that made him great..so dolphins need get talent like they planning on doing.. and if he not answer somebody else will take his job.. flores ain't going let Tua hold this team back..dolphins are going bring good qb in cover thier ass in free agent...in case they got to bench Tua..

Last edited:
On draft day Tua was better player..herbert didnt look that good in college. After watching Tua this yr..it was talent around him that made him great..so dolphins need get talent like they planning on doing.. and if he not answer somebody else will take his job.. flores ain't going let Tua hold this team back..dolphins are going bring good qb in cover thier *** in free agent...in case they got to bench Tua..
imho it is both/and

Tua at Bama had great talent surrounding him it certainly helps the stat line coming from College

Tua with the Dolphins... well everything couldnt be fixed in a season... Dolphins have the worst talent at skill position in the league name one team that has collectively a worse lot of players at skill??

We will see a compliment of players like we havent seen since in some time with the bounty of picks and the arrow is pointing up

Highly intelligent players can help average players but we were down to the dregs with Rookies like Bowden and Hollins and Fotrd seeing too many balls thrown their way

I would take the Pats, Jax, Detroit, Jets, you name it over our current lot of players

Where Gaskins and Ahmad should be 3rd and 4th on depth chart

Parker and Williams well based on their collective health they should be third and fourth options

Hollins Grant and Ford are likely gone

Maybe Wilson returns

Geisiki is largely mr no show at crunch time and cant break a tackle for the extra yard... it comes down to desire... my word learn to at least fall forwards for that extra yard or two

Bottom line.. this rebuild will depends on Qb. How fur we advance in playoff or make playoff in afc..afc is load w good teams and good qb...

It's apples to oranges.

Tannehill was a raw prospect with lots of physical talent, and yet still put up lots of yards immediately after being drafted.

People always complained about his pocket presence, deep ball, etc. But he took a ton of hits and was extremely durable up until the devastating Campbell hit.

Tua is supposed to have elite accuracy, uncanny pocket presence, and do all the little things that make a QB successful. We knew before he was drafted that he's not a physical specimen and has long term durability concerns.

Is Tua going to be able to overcome his limited talent and durability concerns long term? That remains to be seen but this season certainly did not help on the talent front.

I always believed Tannehill had the intellect (straight A student) and work ethic to overcome his flaws and become an elite QB because the TALENT was there.

I literally may have been the only person on this site who didn't advocate to move on from him when we did, even Hoops said it was time.

Well he is that elite QB now, I'm skeptical Tua will ever be as good as Tannehill currently is (hope I'm wrong) because he's not as talented as Ryan and probably not as tough either based on that p**** a** slide.
And there you go again. making my point for me. "p**** a**slide ?

It's apples to oranges.

Tannehill was a raw prospect with lots of physical talent, and yet still put up lots of yards immediately after being drafted.

People always complained about his pocket presence, deep ball, etc. But he took a ton of hits and was extremely durable up until the devastating Campbell hit.

Tua is supposed to have elite accuracy, uncanny pocket presence, and do all the little things that make a QB successful. We knew before he was drafted that he's not a physical specimen and has long term durability concerns.

Is Tua going to be able to overcome his limited talent and durability concerns long term? That remains to be seen but this season certainly did not help on the talent front.

I always believed Tannehill had the intellect (straight A student) and work ethic to overcome his flaws and become an elite QB because the TALENT was there.

I literally may have been the only person on this site who didn't advocate to move on from him when we did, even Hoops said it was time.

Well he is that elite QB now, I'm skeptical Tua will ever be as good as Tannehill currently is (hope I'm wrong) because he's not as talented as Ryan and probably not as tough either based on that p**** a** slide.
By the way I really liked Tannehill and thought the Dolphins organization never did him any favors. They handed him two horrible head coaches and two horrible offensive coordinators, bad offensive lines, and below average weapons early in his career, but do you know what I saw Tannehill do in the final game against Houston this season? He took a freaking sack on 4th down. How can you be in the league as long as he has and be that unaware. Just inexcusable.

Tannehill still has crappy pocket-presence and poise. He's always gonna fold when it's do-or-die + 'tough sledding'.
The guys that can put the team on their backs like Mahomes did in the Super Bowl are very few and far between. Tannehill isnt one of them.
We'll see who is. Then we'll know who the 'elite' QBs really are.

And there you go again. making my point for me. "p**** a**slide ?
That *****-ass slide had as much to do with "we have no backup QB today; be smart" as anything. Tua was diving forward in all his runs prior to this past Sunday.

LOL are you counting his 98 yard effort

And his 84 yard effort

i mean 57, 60, 75 yards is nothing to sniff at

This slow start you refer to wasn't MIA's sad sack running game this is hilarious... we are the Dolphins we would do handstands for such a slow start

Tannehill is average without that run game a run game that sets up Play action pass not the other way around

When they get behind 2 scores and they will get behind in the POs it will be on him to dig them out
You can believe what you want but it's pretty clear to me you aren't watching the games.

Tannehill has had multiple 4th quarter comebacks in the past two years. His 50 plus yard pass to put the Titans in position to kick the FG had zero to do with running game. No one is denying Henry is a big part of the team success but you can see that RT and Henry complement each other.

Henry instantly became more successful after Tannehill was his QB.

Back
Top Bottom