Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs

Tua is not JA. Allen is far superior physically. Two totally different type of QBs.

It's not a good comparison, and if you are expecting Tua to play that style, you are going to be dissapointed.

If ppl wanted a big, tall, strong armed, Marino type QB, I'm sorry, that's not what we went with.

We went with the Doug Flutie or Drew Brees model.
my fear is he’s going to be like Doug Flutie

Tannehill is gone because he couldn’t get it done - he still can’t get it done unless Henry spots him 150 yards

Come on RevKev...

Tannehill secured the Fins’ #3 pick with that last throw against the Texans. I think any QB would benefit from D. Henry.

Come on RevKev...

Tannehill secured the Fins’ #3 pick with that last throw against the Texans. I think any QB would benefit from D. Henry.
Point is he average without that running game in fact he would be exposed

if Tua had what Thill had here my word

if Tua had Tenn weapons?? You get my drift

Our weapons are on the way thank goodness

Come on RevKev...

I think someone put up North of 150 VS Houston it should not have come down to a last min drive - correct?

Funny how the people who were the most irrational with their criticism of Tannehill who is a real franchise QB, defend lil Tua to the hilt lmao. Dudes got a LOOOOOONG ways to go, IF he can even get there...
You do realize you’re saying the same types of things about Tua, that you accused other people of saying about Tannehill right?

You do realize you’re saying the same types of things about Tua, that you accused other people of saying about Tannehill right?
It's apples to oranges.

Tannehill was a raw prospect with lots of physical talent, and yet still put up lots of yards immediately after being drafted.

People always complained about his pocket presence, deep ball, etc. But he took a ton of hits and was extremely durable up until the devastating Campbell hit.

Tua is supposed to have elite accuracy, uncanny pocket presence, and do all the little things that make a QB successful. We knew before he was drafted that he's not a physical specimen and has long term durability concerns.

Is Tua going to be able to overcome his limited talent and durability concerns long term? That remains to be seen but this season certainly did not help on the talent front.

I always believed Tannehill had the intellect (straight A student) and work ethic to overcome his flaws and become an elite QB because the TALENT was there.

I literally may have been the only person on this site who didn't advocate to move on from him when we did, even Hoops said it was time.

Well he is that elite QB now, I'm skeptical Tua will ever be as good as Tannehill currently is (hope I'm wrong) because he's not as talented as Ryan and probably not as tough either based on that p**** a** slide.

Tannehill would not have survived last season here in D Land. Tannehill is doing good because he is in TN he wouldnt be doing so good if he was in Houston.
One thing Tua has going for him is hes not making 25 million.

Point is he average without that running game in fact he would be exposed

if Tua had what Thill had here my word

if Tua had Tenn weapons?? You get my drift

Our weapons are on the way thank goodness
Except that there is no actual evidence that suggests that conclusion is correct.

It may, or may not be. It is certainly not as "factual" as you are suggesting.

Except that there is no actual evidence that suggests that conclusion is correct.

It may, or may not be. It is certainly not as "factual" as you are suggesting.
Everything is opinion on this site or you don’t agree? The few facts there are like Stats are pulled apart by opinion

I have been around awhile I know Tannehill was run out by the FO because he is not good enough to contendwith the JA Watsons Big Bens within the AFCE

Tua will have the few eating crow soon enough I don’t have to defend him or his selection - he had real moments of brilliance this year he has room to get better and better he can play chess while others play checkers he just needs the pieces

Tannehill plays checkers and the FO jettisoned him to a good situation I am happy for him

Tua is not JA. Allen is far superior physically. Two totally different type of QBs.

It's not a good comparison, and if you are expecting Tua to play that style, you are going to be dissapointed.

If ppl wanted a big, tall, strong armed, Marino type QB, I'm sorry, that's not what we went with.

We went with the Doug Flutie or Drew Brees model.
I read his opinion and how you came away with something different is beyond me.

Josh Allen after his rookie season was not being considered, what he is today. He wasn't even being spoken in high regards at the beginning of the season.

I got smashed by many of you for asking the possibility he would learn from his playoff debacle last year.

At no point did the previous poster try to compare the 2 QBs physically. He was comparing narratives.

Back
Top Bottom