Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua being slighted among the future of AFC QBs

Everything is opinion on this site or you don’t agree? The few facts there are like Stats are pulled apart by opinion

I have been around awhile I know Tannehill was run out by the FO because he is not good enough to contendwith the JA Watsons Big Bens within the AFCE

Tua will have the few eating crow soon enough I don’t have to defend him or his selection - he had real moments of brilliance this year he has room to get better and better he can play chess while others play checkers he just needs the pieces

Tannehill plays checkers and the FO jettisoned him to a good situation I am happy for him
I don't have any issue with Tua. I'm not in the "hater" camp. I just realize, and admit he has some physical limitations.

RT had some glaring flaws, as well, such as below average pocket awareness, and his propensity to take sacks, rather than throw the ball away.

I do think "moments of brilliance" is a stretch.

I hope what you are saying with the chess/checkers analogy works out.

Better weapons, and line play will most certainly help, same as it did with RT in Tennessee.

I agree that most discussions here are opinion. I prefer opinions based or rationality over those based on emotions and feelz. They are not the same thing.

Everything is opinion on this site or you don’t agree? The few facts there are like Stats are pulled apart by opinion

I have been around awhile I know Tannehill was run out by the FO because he is not good enough to contendwith the JA Watsons Big Bens within the AFCE

Tua will have the few eating crow soon enough I don’t have to defend him or his selection - he had real moments of brilliance this year he has room to get better and better he can play chess while others play checkers he just needs the pieces

Tannehill plays checkers and the FO jettisoned him to a good situation I am happy for him
Tannehill has been a top QB for nearly two seasons. His arm talent, accuracy, and mobility have proven to be elite level. Not the off script QB like Allen, Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, etc but he is a damn fine QB.

There were 6 games this season where Henry has less than 100 yards. The Titans averaged over 28 points per game. Henry started slow this year. The Titans went 4-0 in those games.

Time to update your opinion of him.

Having said that, I hope Tua is better.

Last edited:
Oh he is back to gloat his team made the POs ~ Funny the Jills fans/trolls show up after a win

Are you gonna disappear again like last year like months on end

I mean if JA ***** the bed on Saturday

I mean that is what you did when Houston confused JA last year?? YOU DISAPPEAR

And yes Tannehill was sent a packing because he couldn't get it done against Buffalo if that surprises you i don't what to say

Tannehill has been a top QB for nearly two seasons. His arm talent, accuracy, and mobility have proven to be elite level. Not the off script QB like Allen, Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, etc but he is a damn fine QB.

There were 6 games this season where Henry has less than 100 yards. The Titans averaged over 28 points per game. Henry started slow this year. The Titans went 5-0 in those games.

Everyone is elite to you ~ I think you should use a dictionary

How did they slight Tua? He is what he is -- just another Dolphins QB who couldn't win the big game to put the team into the playoffs. This is the NFL. You either win when it matters or you become somebody's backup.
It's one game, hardly a trend yet. He's young and there's no concern on my part that he didn't look like an all-pro so soon.

The Josh Allen comparison is unfair. Not only are they different QBs but the support JA had in Buffalo including a defense and running game was different than the Dolphins situation.

I think there is reason to be hopeful but not enough to be ****y about Tua. We've made our decision, let's put pieces in place so we don't have a crap OL and defense so that he can develop and have success. Worst case due to injury or performance - pieces are in place for the next QB.
because tua will be in nfc after trade to saint!
What? Where did this idea come from?

There were 6 games this season where Henry has less than 100 yards. The Titans averaged over 28 points per game. Henry started slow this year. The Titans went 5-0 in those games.

LOL are you counting his 98 yard effort

And his 84 yard effort

i mean 57, 60, 75 yards is nothing to sniff at

This slow start you refer to wasn't MIA's sad sack running game this is hilarious... we are the Dolphins we would do handstands for such a slow start

Tannehill is average without that run game a run game that sets up Play action pass not the other way around

When they get behind 2 scores and they will get behind in the POs it will be on him to dig them out

Man can't shake the shocking visualization that Tua looked at times physically outmatched.

Sure helps to have an arm that can defeat coverage - individual players and schemes don't matter long-term.

Do we have the front office decision makers that made Brees a hall-of-famer? It'll take years of a committed and dedicated philosophy to achieve that. I loved the Tua choice but sure seems that this front office didn't think things clearly enough when making the choice.

One thing about football nobody can deny. The last thing you saw is the most important and most people will take the most simplistic view possible. Nobody will look at the drops, protection, skill players or playcaling, especially non Dolphins fans. People see 3 INT’s but won’t realize Parker fell down for 1 and another was tipped. It’s gonna be a long offseason of Tua sucks, get used to it. Wear your Dolphins **** outside of Miami and it’s gonna be, “ are you guys taking a QB”? If you think any non Dolphins fans and all pundits have watched every snap of Tua and will get behind his potential you’re nuts.

Tell me they’re wrong and I’ll agree but it won’t change anything.

I get a kick (in a good way) of seeing Tannehill on the list. He wasn’t on many lists while on Miami.

One thing about football nobody can deny. The last thing you saw is the most important and most people will take the most simplistic view possible. Nobody will look at the drops, protection, skill players or playcaling, especially non Dolphins fans. People see 3 INT’s but won’t realize Parker fell down for 1 and another was tipped. It’s gonna be a long offseason of Tua sucks, get used to it. Wear your Dolphins **** outside of Miami and it’s gonna be, “ are you guys taking a QB”? If you think any non Dolphins fans and all pundits have watched every snap of Tua and will get behind his potential you’re nuts.

Tell me they’re wrong and I’ll agree but it won’t change anything.
It’s not the last game in this case. It’s pretty much every game minus AZ. He simply didn’t do much. So that leads to questions.

...great to see the Thill legacy around here is alive and well!

:rolleyes:

Oh he is back to gloat his team made the POs ~ Funny the Jills fans/trolls show up after a win

Are you gonna disappear again like last year like months on end

I mean if JA ***** the bed on Saturday

I mean that is what you did when Houston confused JA last year?? YOU DISAPPEAR

And yes Tannehill was sent a packing because he couldn't get it done against Buffalo if that surprises you i don't what to say
FIN FAN in Buffalo.....

Back
Top Bottom