Tua could play this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

I feel he has a hill to climb, but I am ok with him "being in the fold." It helps the 2021 jump this team needs

Last edited:
I would like to see Tua sit out the beginning of the season just to give his hip more time to fully heal. I think letting him start a few games late in the season would get him prepared to be the permanent starter in 2021. Mahomes
sat out his first season and only started one game and it certainly didn’t hurt him or the team once he took over as the full time starter in his second year in the league.

I feel he has a hill to climb, but I am ok with him "bring in the fold." It helps the 2021 jump this team needs

Only way I can see TT NOT starting at some point is if RF lights up and has Miami 6-2 at mid-season and 9-3 after 12. (example only). Even then, TT may start if Miami is in a 'doesn't matter' game. Excluding that, I think he'll start at some point. I imagine most (all?) here will agree.

Only way I can see TT NOT starting at some point is if RF lights up and has Miami 6-2 at mid-season and 9-3 after 12. (example only). Even then, TT may start if Miami is in a 'doesn't matter' game. Excluding that, I think he'll start at some point. I imagine most (all?) here will agree.
I'll add/amend to that. If Miami is 6-2 and 9-3 and they are winning because of their D, that could be a reason to switch. I will keep saying this....the key is 2021, and not making him start with zero experience. I don't know what happened to the Browns in 2019, but the amount Baker played was enough for them to be very optimistic the following year. That to me was the formula

I'll add/amend to that. If Miami is 6-2 and 9-3 and they are winning because of their D, that could be a reason to switch. I will keep saying this....the key is 2021, and not making him start with zero experience. I don't know what happened to the Browns in 2019, but the amount Baker played was enough for them to be very optimistic the following year. That to me was the formula

I can accept that. But I made a point of saying "if RF lights it up." Yeah, if Miami is 6-2 and the O is averaging 17PPG, that changes the world.

His health and the health of his offensive line will go a long way to determine if and when Tua starts.
nailed it. I want Fitzpatrick out there as the sacrificial lamb on the new line. let them gel and then hopefully the time is right/scenario is right, and Tua goes in.

I would like to see Tua sit out the beginning of the season just to give his hip more time to fully heal. I think letting him start a few games late in the season would get him prepared to be the permanent starter in 2021. Mahomes
sat out his first season and only started one game and it certainly didn’t hurt him or the team once he took over as the full time starter in his second year in the league.

Well, Alex Smith and company were also a winning team and playoff team before Mahomes was even selected.

Where as Tua is coming in year 2 of a rebuild and a hip that should be allowed to heal past the 1 year mark.

I would love to see him in 2020, but am content with 2021.

Well, Alex Smith and company were also a winning team and playoff team before Mahomes was even selected.

Where as Tua is coming in year 2 of a rebuild and a hip that should be allowed to heal past the 1 year mark.

I would love to see him in 2020, but am content with 2021.
Historically speaking, Fitzpatrick craps the bed. I think the handoff will be simpler and more obvious than what we think will happen

I predict a start Tua super thread really soon.

Of course he starts this year. The kid is a stud. He'll beat Fitz out very quickly perhaps even before week one. Sure, Fitz has an advantage but this kid is amazing.

I predict a start Tua super thread really soon.

Of course he starts this year. The kid is a stud. He'll beat Fitz out very quickly perhaps even before week one. Sure, Fitz has an advantage but this kid is amazing.
this is pretty reckless. Have you thought about the line and their inexperience? Fitzpatrick has a huge camp advantage with Gailey. we all know he is talented, but it isn't like historically rookie qb's that start week 1 are successful since I know playoffs are you goal. If you are willing to sacrifice winning, then you would need to re-forecast your record

Pretty sure the O Line would also attend training camp and play in pre season games. These are professional players. Each person has a job to do and they need to do theirs. Not sure why the only allowed expectation is that Tua automatically loses a bunch of games. He ran a pro offense for a former NFL HC against a murderers row defense each week in the toughest conference in college football and thrived at it. Now he's just going to show up as some empty brain idiot?

here is a survey for fans:
Pretty sure the O Line would also attend training camp and play in pre season games. These are professional players. Each person has a job to do and they need to do theirs. Not sure why the only allowed expectation is that Tua automatically loses a bunch of games. He ran a pro offense for a former NFL HC against a murderers row defense each week in the toughest conference in college football and thrived at it. Now he's just going to show up as some empty brain idiot?
it is called traction and gelling.

Back
Top Bottom