Tua could play this year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

Tua has been cleared to play with no restrictions. Some need to read that again

Agree. But, I have two caveats.
1) What is the NFL hx on players returning from such an injury. It is not uncommon to bring them back 'slowly.' Don't know what Flo has in mind.
2) If Tua had been uninjured, what would the Fin's strategy? Play him game one? Let RF start a few? I have no idea. I've said elsewhere, if TT CLEARLY beats out RF, the job is his, . . . unless Flo brings him in 'slowly.' If it's not a clear decision, the standard is default to the vet. In any case, I expect him to start sometime this year.

Agree. But, I have two caveats.
1) What is the NFL hx on players returning from such an injury. It is not uncommon to bring them back 'slowly.' Don't know what Flo has in mind.
2) If Tua had been uninjured, what would the Fin's strategy? Play him game one? Let RF start a few? I have no idea. I've said elsewhere, if TT CLEARLY beats out RF, the job is his, . . . unless Flo brings him in 'slowly.' If it's not a clear decision, the standard is default to the vet. In any case, I expect him to start sometime this year.
As long as there was no ligament damage(which I believe is the case), broken bones take 6 weeks. Recovery from surgery make take a little longer but he should be considered healthy at this point.
I can see holding him back for awhile because of O-line issues or giving him time to master the playbook, but the hip shouldn't be a factor.

Narrative needs to be something closer to "Tua needs to start (some games) this season".

We CAN'T go into the 2021 without knowing if we need to draft another QB high. We NEED to see enough from Tua this season to know if we have our QB of the future.

That is the long and short of what I have to say on the matter. I don't care about the OL "gelling" or him being "injury prone". I just need to see it proven that he is the answer moving forward. If that can be shown on the practice field I guess I can live with that but I'd prefer a real game against a good opponent.

I hope Tua live up to his hype..Tua got lot pressure entering nfl..

Back
Top Bottom