Tua could play this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

Pretty sure the O Line would also attend training camp and play in pre season games. These are professional players. Each person has a job to do and they need to do theirs. Not sure why the only allowed expectation is that Tua automatically loses a bunch of games. He ran a pro offense for a former NFL HC against a murderers row defense each week in the toughest conference in college football and thrived at it. Now he's just going to show up as some empty brain idiot?

That seems a little extreme. Here is what fans know, unarguably, from last year - Flo wants to win. He's not going to lose games just because the vet (RF) 'deserves' to start. I've said elsewhere, if TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances), he'll start.

But there's more to the equation than that. Physical talent is only one part. RF has the confidence of the team based on the last 9 games of '19. That count for a lot. If the competition is close, the vet wins. That's reality. How much will the OL factor into the decision? My inclination is, if it looks like game 2 of '19, RF starts. If it looks better than any game of '19, maybe not. we can debate how close TT's competition was to NFl through this decade. We all know rookie QBs make mistakes and, remember, Flo is all about winning.

Based on the above (and others I didn't mention), I expect RF to start unless TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances). The question then becomes when will TT start? A lot depends on how RF is playing and how the OL is doing. I'll not pretend to know that.

here is a survey for fans:

it is called traction and gelling.
Right so the OL needs to go take a workshop together? Maybe make some sweaters or learn their spirit animals together? I just think that fans have a tendency to create these magical barriers to help them make sense of what is occurring. They all go to TC together. That's the gelling process. They work each day every day together on the field and in meetings. This isn't Remember the Titans, these are paid professionals.

That seems a little extreme. Here is what fans know, unarguably, from last year - Flo wants to win. He's not going to lose games just because the vet (RF) 'deserves' to start. I've said elsewhere, if TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances), he'll start.

But there's more to the equation than that. Physical talent is only one part. RF has the confidence of the team based on the last 9 games of '19. That count for a lot. If the competition is close, the vet wins. That's reality. How much will the OL factor into the decision? My inclination is, if it looks like game 2 of '19, RF starts. If it looks better than any game of '19, maybe not. we can debate how close TT's competition was to NFl through this decade. We all know rookie QBs make mistakes and, remember, Flo is all about winning.

Based on the above (and others I didn't mention), I expect RF to start unless TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances). The question then becomes when will TT start? A lot depends on how RF is playing and how the OL is doing. I'll not pretend to know that.
great post. History is not on TT's side to start week 1. And that's ok. Let the team settle in, let's see what we got for a few weeks. Tua needs to play in 2020 to keep the growth process going. Tua is an avocado that needs to ripen a little to play

Right so the OL needs to go take a workshop together? Maybe make some sweaters or learn their spirit animals together? I just think that fans have a tendency to create these magical barriers to help them make sense of what is occurring. They all go to TC together. That's the gelling process. They work each day every day together on the field and in meetings. This isn't Remember the Titans, these are paid professionals.
oh that's right there are normal practices and meetings so far....Covid-19 has not effected football

Sure. he doesn't play until he beats out Fitz. Always said that should happen and even have it in my signature.

oh that's right there are normal practices and meetings so far....Covid-19 has not effected football
Oh man they missed mini camp. When they could run around on the field in pajamas and not hit each other. Do you think they haven't sent a playbook to Tua yet?

Oh man they missed mini camp. When they could run around on the field in pajamas and not hit each other. Do you think they haven't sent a playbook to Tua yet?
do you not get that linemen have to communicate in the line of fire? It involves timing and communication. One failed read and Tua could be lights out. Wouldn't you want RF to get that hit instead? Sure it could happen in week 7-16. Now that I think about it, I think the handoff is when the line is ready....not the battle of Tua vs Fitzpatrick

It's kind of how we expected it to play out, because it's the smart thing to do. Start Fitzpatrick until Tua is ready, and Fitz understands that. I would think by Week 10, unless Fitz is playing lights out, Tua will have his first start.

Well, Alex Smith and company were also a winning team and playoff team before Mahomes was even selected.

Where as Tua is coming in year 2 of a rebuild and a hip that should be allowed to heal past the 1 year mark.

I would love to see him in 2020, but am content with 2021.
Which is a very overlooked point. The chiefs never won less than 9 games with Alex Smith. The mahomes comparison is strange because it's clear the guy is a generational talent and I have no clue why the decision makers kept smith for another quick exit in the playoffs that year.

Which is a very overlooked point. The chiefs never won less than 9 games with Alex Smith. The mahomes comparison is strange because it's clear the guy is a generational talent and I have no clue why the decision makers kept smith for another quick exit in the playoffs that year.
because Andy Reid is a qb guru

nailed it. I want Fitzpatrick out there as the sacrificial lamb on the new line. let them gel and then hopefully the time is right/scenario is right, and Tua goes in.
Exactly! Let Fitzpatrick help them call out protection real time as opposed to just in camp, let them learn under him and then hand the reins over to Tua IF his health is up to it.

When TUA is physically ready and gives team best chance to win, he will play. He will be playing after the bye week I think either as a starter or enough time to prepare him for starting. Oct 29th is the trade deadline and if Rosen is traded prior to deadline then we will know TUA playing time will come in 2020.

Only way I can see TT NOT starting at some point is if RF lights up and has Miami 6-2 at mid-season and 9-3 after 12. (example only). Even then, TT may start if Miami is in a 'doesn't matter' game. Excluding that, I think he'll start at some point. I imagine most (all?) here will agree.
Right he’ll start at some point

Back
Top Bottom