Tua could play this year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua could play this year

I’ve completely changed my tune on Tua redshirting this season. I now want Tua to dominate camp to point Flores has to start him. I want to know THIS year what we’ve got. If the doctors say he’s clear I’m good with that.

I’ve completely changed my tune on Tua redshirting this season. I now want Tua to dominate camp to point Flores has to start him. I want to know THIS year what we’ve got. If the doctors say he’s clear I’m good with that.
Tua might be ready, but if the line isn't? Hasn't the struggle at qb and even extended to the run game, been the line? I mean we did basically replace all 5 starters from last year. I think you have under-estimated the importance of a line and how long it takes to come together.

Tua might be ready, but if the line isn't? Hasn't the struggle at qb and even extended to the run game, been the line? I mean we did basically replace all 5 starters from last year. I think you have under-estimated the importance of a line and how long it takes to come together.
Sure. We didn't cross the speculation streams. Your what if is as valid as mine is. Let's see what happens.

Sure. We didn't cross the speculation streams. Your what if is as valid as mine is. Let's see what happens.
see what happens? are you aware the line is brand new. you are suggesting a new qb and a new line all are in harmony, day 1

If the doctors cleared Tua’s health pre draft, why is his health still a concern regarding playing this year vs next?
I don't think it is health as much as readiness and the surrounding pieces to make sure he stays healthy. if the line is still learning and takes X weeks to settle in, let RF go out there and take the beating. Tua is long-term,

I just think Flores is a “best player plays” coach. If Tua is the best he plays.

see what happens? are you aware the line is brand new. you are suggesting a new qb and a new line all are in harmony, day 1
See what happens. Tua goes in when he beats out Fitzpatrick. Could be a week one or week 4 thing who knows? There's only so far we can take the speculation.

See what happens. Tua goes in when he beats out Fitzpatrick. Could be a week one or week 4 thing who knows? There's only so far we can take the speculation.
there is another scenario, Mr. Loco. Tua doesn't beat him out but Phins play him no matter what in week x, to get experience for next year.

He should play at some point this year..Fitzpatrick is not future...

That seems a little extreme. Here is what fans know, unarguably, from last year - Flo wants to win. He's not going to lose games just because the vet (RF) 'deserves' to start. I've said elsewhere, if TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances), he'll start.

But there's more to the equation than that. Physical talent is only one part. RF has the confidence of the team based on the last 9 games of '19. That count for a lot. If the competition is close, the vet wins. That's reality. How much will the OL factor into the decision? My inclination is, if it looks like game 2 of '19, RF starts. If it looks better than any game of '19, maybe not. we can debate how close TT's competition was to NFl through this decade. We all know rookie QBs make mistakes and, remember, Flo is all about winning.

Based on the above (and others I didn't mention), I expect RF to start unless TT shows he's clearly/significantly better (increases winning chances). The question then becomes when will TT start? A lot depends on how RF is playing and how the OL is doing. I'll not pretend to know that.
I like flo but he need get Tua ready for future.
I rather lose now than play around w Fitzpatrick.. because in 2yr Fitzpatrick ain't going help u save ur job..

I like flo but he need get Tua ready for future.
I rather lose now than play around w Fitzpatrick.. because in 2yr Fitzpatrick ain't going help u save ur job..

Very good. Now, what do you think will happen, NOT, what do you want to happen? IMO, TT either unquestionably beats out RF AND Flo doesn't think there's value in letting him watch and learn a few games, or, he doesn't clearly beat out RF AND Flo doesn't go with the guy who won last year, AND Flo sees value in letting him watch and learn. Today, I'm leaning towards RF starting, though camp and PS can change that.

Back
Top Bottom