Tua declares | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua declares

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
No link, but a notice popped up on my phone saying Tua has declared for the draft.

Asked this on GB, but what do you think it costs to move up to 2 to make sure we get him? Don’t even want Detroit to be able to contemplate taking him if we really want him.

Asked this on GB, but what do you think it costs to move up to 2 to make sure we get him? Don’t even want Detroit to be able to contemplate taking him if we really want him.

...and the associated question. If he is still there @5, how much could we gain by trading down?

That's good for Miami in a number of ways. If they want Tua, I would think he makes it to #5. I could be wrong, maybe a team trades up to #4 but his hip injury probably makes that less likely.

It also gives the Dolphins a better shot to get Herbert if he's the quarterback they want. Tua could be the fallback option if a team like the Chargers or Raiders leap Miami for Herbert.

I don’t want Miami trading up. We have too many holes to fill. We need to hold onto our draft capital this year and next and hit on as many picks as possible. Stay at 5 and draft Tua. Given his injury history, I don’t think a team will trade the farm to move up to 3-4 to get him.

Unless Stafford's back injury is worse that advertised, I think there is no chance of them picking Tua. Stafford was having a career year before he was hurt, and the coach/GM are in a win or fired season. That's not the situation to draft a QB that could be on IR for the season. Now...they or one of the others could trade out to someone that wants a QB...

Unless Stafford's back injury is worse that advertised, I think there is no chance of them picking Tua. Stafford was having a career year before he was hurt, and the coach/GM are in a win or fired season. That's not the situation to draft a QB that could be on IR for the season. Now...they or one of the others could trade out to someone that wants a QB...

Totally agree... the Lions pick is for sale. If someone wants Tua (and as I've said, I hope it ain't us), the Detroit pick is their target.

...and the associated question. If he is still there @5, how much could we gain by trading down?
I think he's there at #5. But, you just never know with quarterbacks. The Chargers, picking at #6, could move to #4 and not pay too much. I don't think a team would trade all the way up to #2 though.

I just think Tua declaring increases the odds that the Dolphins will get either Tua or Herbert. Right now, if I'm guessing, it's between those two for Miami. Waiting until next year doesn't make sense. Lawrence is going #1 and the Dolphins will likely be picking more towards the middle of round 1. Fields, who know? Some others will likely emerge like every year.

Now... if Tua does attract a trade offer at 2. I'm wondering... how much would Chase Young cost us @3?

I'd be a LOT more excited about that.

Why would Detroit trade their pick when Okudah is going to be available there?

1. Burrow
2. Young or Okudah
3. Young or Okudah
4. Andrew Thomas
5. Tua ( I hope)

for those thinking another team is going to jump us, nobody has the picks we have. Chargers don't have any extra picks so I think they'll stay at 6.

Why would Detroit trade their pick when Okudah is going to be available there?

1. Burrow
2. Young or Okudah
3. Young or Okudah
4. Andrew Thomas
5. Tua ( I hope)

Because they are more than one player away?

The Chargers a
for those thinking another team is going to jump us, nobody has the picks we have. Chargers don't have any extra picks so I think they'll stay at 6.

The Chargers may actually covet Herbert.

Btw... spell check keeps changing covet to cover...

Yeah hard to sell a fan base giving away your top picks for the next 2/3 drafts (which is what it would take with the few number of picks they have) to get a guy who is going to sit for a year. I would eat picks for this year which is likely what it would take for Miami. And they are loaded up in 2021, hell maybe you add a FA CB if Howard is cleared you can add him in a trade and keep draft capital.

I mean the flexibility to move around is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom