Tua/fromm Debate | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua/fromm Debate

If you really study our schedule for next year, and I realize things change, it’s very possible to go 1-15 and not tank. If the Bills and Jets improve we could be looking at 0-6 in the division.

As for the debate, it’s Tua and it’s not even close. I don’t understand how you could watch Tua and not see it.

I am a UGA alum and to me it is pretty obvious that Tua is a much better QB than Fromm. Fromm has a much better NFL physical profile than Tua but in terms of arm talent it is not that close. One guy is a good game manager and the other guy can destroy teams. I think if you want a Ryan Tannehill level QB than you take Jake Fromm. I think Tua can be similar to a Russell Wilson type as a smaller than preferred physical profile who still excels in the pros.

I'm still on the Daniel Jones bandwagon. I know not a big name around here, but the guy looks like an NFL ready QB. Reminds me of Brady a bit. EVEN if we take him and he doesn't pan out, Trevor Lawrence wont be out until 2021 so we have 2 years to see if any QB in this draft works out.

What jumps out about Tua to me is he throws with tremendous anticipation for the college level. And he's got the most nonnegotiable trait of them all, tremendous accuracy.

Fromm has moments where he seems quite ordinary and he doesn't have great physical traits. I'd still be interested because of the shortage of QB's, but I think he ends up getting over-drafted.

Now I will say it does seem to me Tua gets hurt every time he takes a hit. I mean if we’re picking apart every QB, King Tua can’t be excluded.

I've watched Fromm on TV a few times this year and I'm not in love with him. I've watched him make some pretty wreckless decisions. Not to say at his age those aren't learning experiences, but between the two, its Tua.

Tua is the best qb in the nation at the moment.

Fromm is a game manager at college. Doesn’t bode well for the pros.

I like Fromm, but I want to see him make more progression reads. He _seems_ to have good vision and quick recognition, but I'd like to see it over a longer period to get a good feel for it. He is generally asked to make first read throws at Georgia. Fromm has a quick and compact release, and good accuracy. IMHO, he's the best QB prospect for the 2020 draft, and I'd definitely recommend "Fail for Fromm" this upcoming season.

Tua is a good guy and a solid QB, but I'm not convinced. His accuracy numbers look phenomenal, but when you look at the actual passes he's not as accurate. About half of his throws are about a foot off from ideal precise location … so he's not going to be the best tight-window thrower. He has mobility, but he does not have elite mobility. All in all, I see him becoming a solid NFL QB, but nothing special. As a leader, he's the type of guy you want, able to motivate the team, perfect for the fans, and not afraid of anyone. Although, the shock he displayed when Alabama got thumped by Clemson was a bad look for Tua. He looked scared and seemed to give up. In 2019, I need to see him bounce back and in particular I need to see him display arrogance level confidence that he can lead a team back … because if he doesn't believe it, his teammates will smell it. This is his first real adversity … he did not show well in the face of that adversity. I need to see him break through that and prove he can be indomitable. I think he can … but it is a going to be a big question for him. If he's smart, he'll use this year to hone his accuracy to improve his precision. That is going to be what makes or breaks Tua, IMHO.

Fromm reminds me of Andy Dalton but a cut below that level. Rhythm seam thrower who needs ideal timing and no distractions.

Tua is a big play waiting to happen. Not concerned about him at all. The offensive changes did him no favors, even if that was concealed for most of the season.

Tua was just a bit off all night. Even his running instincts were subpar. On that key 4th and 4 scramble deep in Clemson territory in the middle of the 3rd quarter while down 21, all Tua had to do was dart outside left and he's one-on-one against a tough but hardly athletic safety. First down was a huge favorite. Instead Tua somehow decided to plant his left foot and volunteer into traffic in the middle. That safety was able to get there after Tua was slowed by others.

That Slimm comment about Saban forced to change his offense to suit Tua made me cringe, because it was the same rationalization I heard from Dolphin fans and conventional wisdom types in the mid '80s regarding Dan Marino. I argued loudly in the Orange Bowl and everywhere else that it was destined to soften the team. I'll never forget losing to Buffalo at home 38-35 in overtime as a touchdown favorite in 1983 and Dolphins fans were so giddy going down the tunnel. I screamed that nobody seemed to realize we just lost to Buffalo at home. Nobody cared. Now we were a cupcake team and every fan wanted that.

At least Saban already figured out his error within one season, unlike Shula who never understood his mistake.

Back
Top Bottom