Tua gives little insight on his Accuracy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua gives little insight on his Accuracy

From Barry Jackson...

Accuracy might be Tagovailoa’s most special gift. Yes, the completion percentage might be lower if Tagovailoa threw deep more often. But he has been on target with deeper throws this season, completing 9 for 17 on passes that traveled at least 20 air yards; that’s second best behind Murray
Yea this isn’t Tysom hill here who can’t even hit those throws yet the media says he’s just as accurate as Tua lmao

Yeah, well when your dad is going to beat you if you miss a pass it I guess builds your completion percentage. So does a dink and dunk offense.

Yet when compared to other QBS in the same dink and dunk passes, say guys like Herbert, Tuas completion %is higher.

So if his accuracy was due to the dink and dunk, which Herbert has done almost the same, then every QB would do it and be successful.

There's a diferrence between a Herbert short pass and a Tua. Ball placement is very diferrent.

There's a reason tuas teammates are saying he places the ball where only they can catch it.

Just watch a Brady, Mahommes, Herbert. They complete the short stuff but not as accurately. Alot of twisting, turning and reaching behind.

Not so much with Tuas.

Also Taus completion above expected is higher then most if not all which also puts a hole in this dink and dunk narrative

I'm really digging Tua's gameplay these last 2 weeks but I still want him to go deep more often. I however regress considering the condition of our O-Line and Tua's limited time to throw.
I look forward to see what this young man can do with a good line and a solid running game. Hopefully, we have both next year. I think Tua will absolutely shine.

If tua has a complete game this weekend and throws/runs for three total touchdowns I think we might have our answer at qb. He seems to be progressing well

Dink and dunk? You mean like Brady all these years?
I'm not interested in that and I think Tua, is better than that. Dink and Dunk works but I think we are Dinking and Dunking cause our line sucks. Not because Tua can't throw. Also, Brady had a bunch of squirrelly midgets, we don't.

I'm not interested in that and I think Tua, is better than that. Dink and Dunk works but I think we are Dinking and Dunking cause our line sucks. Not because Tua can't throw. Also, Brady had a bunch of squirrelly midgets, we don't.
I agree 100%

I love the people who complain of a dink and dunk offense, but when they open it up to more downfield passes and the turnover rate rises they’ll have that to fall back on and complain about as well, saying they need to stick to the short quick passes.

Can never please everyone.

Back
Top Bottom