Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

When we say the quickest release ever.....Most all the QBs are from the last 5 years. Did it really include all QBs? Not doubting it. Just making sure.
Athletes (like other industries) get better with time (advancements in training, science, etc.). Players now are bigger stronger faster quicker, etc than they were even 20 years ago. Would be surprising that most would be recent with a few outliers such as Marino.

Do not come here just to talk shiit about Tua

I was not doing that. I think he's gonna be a good one
Who's talking shiit? I didnt say anything derogatory towards him. People, especially nbp81 keep posting stats to prove what exactly? We all saw the product on the field. It was average at best. Mostly couldn't move the offense. He was good in the RZ though ill give him that. But if ST and defense don't perform at top level and get him good field starting position, he didn't get it done. No stupid ass stats trying to show he's better at something than Dan Marino is going to change his results

Athletes (like other industries) get better with time (advancements in training, science, etc.). Players now are bigger stronger faster quicker, etc than they were even 20 years ago. Would be surprising that most would be recent with a few outliers such as Marino.
Im wasnt doubting it. I just wanted clarification because it was Marino then a bunch of guys from the last 5 years.

Neither did Manning, Steve Young, Aikman and a host of others whose first year production by comparison makes Tua look like an HOF'er

OTOH Wentz, RG3 etc came strong out of the box and the end results speak for themselves.
Your right about RG3 and Wentz. But they also weren't sold as once in a lifetime generational, most NFL ready QB to come out of college ever...

What are "sufficient results" that aren't stats, which you said are meaningless?
Dude, if I have to explain to you that for the most part he couldn't move the damn ball up and down the field then there's no point. He was good in the RZ. But as you seen, if ST and the defense doesn't set him up with the best possible field position, he most likely ain't moving the sticks. His completion % is high because he threw the ball 5 damn yards all the time. Ok. Now he has a quicker release than Dan Marino so what exactly is the point of that? Will he get Dan Marino results? Do I have to explain what Dan Marino results are?

And I'm already sure you will say no superbowl wins... im talking about Wins, and all the records that Marino broke and owned at one point. Until then, keep the kids name out of anything having to do with Marino. Good Lord

Take a look at the 2nd throw in the video when Dan was in college and check out some of the live speed clips - like at the 4:20 mark to Duper vs the Jets. That ball is downfield from release to reception faster than I’ve ever seen.

you distracted me for 20 mins. I could watch Dan sling it all day

Last edited:
Dude, if I have to explain to you that for the most part he couldn't move the damn ball up and down the field then there's no point. He was good in the RZ. But as you seen, if ST and the defense doesn't set him up with the best possible field position, he most likely ain't moving the sticks. His completion % is high because he threw the ball 5 damn yards all the time. Ok. Now he has a quicker release than Dan Marino so what exactly is the point of that? Will he get Dan Marino results? Do I have to explain what Dan Marino results are?

And I'm already sure you will say no superbowl wins... im talking about Wins, and all the records that Marino broke and owned at one point. Until then, keep the kids name out of anything having to do with Marino. Good Lord
Who cares about records when stats don't mean anything, right?

His completion percentage is high because his completion percentage is high. He throws the ball farther than rocket armed Herbert so this thing where he only throws 5 yards is just made up and perpetuated by people such as yourself.

Tua can have a Dan Marino release. He doesn't also have Dan Marino arm strength. Dan Marino also had a weaker arm than Jamarcus Russell, but who cares? We're talking about one specific thing that he compares with Marino in.

Is that not allowed? Should Marino never get compared to anybody ever because of all the Championships he brought this city? Literally all he brought you was stats and enjoyment. That's it. He had his own flaws, but I guess you'd never know it listening to people talk about him like he's literally God.

Your right about RG3 and Wentz. But they also weren't sold as once in a lifetime generational, most NFL ready QB to come out of college ever...
So go ahead a put a link of someone claiming Tua was the most NFL ready QB to come out of college ever. I do know one thing for sure we stayed at 5 to pick Tua. And they must of thought real highly of RG3 and Wentz as they traded multiple picks to move up and get them.

His completion percentage is high because his completion percentage is high. He throws the ball farther than rocket armed Herbert so this thing where he only throws 5 yards is just made up and perpetuated by people such as yourself.

Tua can have a Dan Marino release. He doesn't also have Dan Marino arm strength. Dan Marino also had a weaker arm than Jamarcus Russell, but who cares? We're talking about one specific thing that he compares with Marino in.

Is that not allowed? Should Marino never get compared to anybody ever because of all the Championships he brought this city? Literally all he brought you was stats and enjoyment. That's it. He had his own flaws, but I guess you'd never know it listening to people talk about him like he's literally God.
You make some good points but on the subject or Marino he was as close to a God as one can be to a sport. He sits in rarified air on the Mount Olympus of quarterbacks. Championships or not. He plays in today’s era, he would have multiple. Had he played in the NFC in his era (the conference won 16 straight SBs) he’d have some too.

You make some good points but on the subject or Marino he was as close to a God as one can be to a sport. He sits in rarified air on the Mount Olympus of quarterbacks. Championships or not. He plays in today’s era, he would have multiple. Had he played in the NFC in his era (the conference won 16 straight SBs) he’d have some too.
And I 100% agree with you, he would destroy this league, but this whole "OMG DON'T COMPARE ANYTHING TO MARINO EVEN HIS HAIR HOW DARE YOU" attitude is just super embarrassing.

I mean tua does sort of having the curly top perm look going. The only way he can top marinos full perm is if tua goes mullet perm. then he'll have marinos hair topped

1611255122834.png

this with tua's natural curly hair texture would be bomb like marinos full perm

I think the only way this will get resolved (if FO doesn't go after Watson) is they load up on on WR and RB that can actually get open or run the ball and get play action to give Tua time. Im not convinced on Tua yet but he's had a handful of games.
Regarding this Marino stuff. Its a bit desperate.

Lmao, he throws the ball farther than Herbert now?? I'm done with you

Back
Top Bottom