Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

going on 12 pages now after a non-tua fan states Tua has a quicker release than Marino. The dude averaged 400 throws using a camera as his support instead of the "eye test" like some in here want to use. How can you really argue with him? Its mind blowing the length people will go to discredit Tim Dix haha

Yall need to "blow" up Mr. Dix instead of the fans of the same team. Write him a letter or something to vent your frustrations.

And I 100% agree with you, he would destroy this league, but this whole "OMG DON'T COMPARE ANYTHING TO MARINO EVEN HIS HAIR HOW DARE YOU" attitude is just super embarrassing.
I don’t think it’s so much about comparing to Dan being the problem so much, as it is the reason behind it. Tua is a very divisive subject on this board right now because the experience did not match the hype this season. Silver lining fans are posting anything to make him look special to help reaffirm their belief in Tua, and detractors are pointing out what they saw on the field to highlight their concerns or disbelief. It’s natural. That said, how would anyone not expect backlash when trying to run comparisons between the unknown that is Tua, and the greatest QB this team has ever had, who is actually one of the greatest to ever play the game?

Come on, man!

I don’t think it’s so much about comparing to Dan being the problem so much, as it is the reason behind it. Tua is a very divisive subject on this board right now because the experience did not match the hype this season. Silver lining fans are posting anything to make him look special to help reaffirm their belief in Tua, and detractors are pointing out what they saw on the field to highlight their concerns or disbelief. It’s natural. That said, how would anyone not expect backlash when trying to run comparisons between the unknown that is Tua, and the greatest QB this team has ever had, who is actually one of the greatest to ever play the game?

Come on, man!
Exactly

Did not make since at this time. Hope Tua is the greatest QB ever and eventually passes all Dan's records by the way.

Let's keep cherry picking every stat we can find to make ourselves feel better about Tua's prospects.

He was okay as rookie, nothing special. Circumstances were far from ideal and coming off of a major injury. It's to Tua's credit and talent he was able to get back on the field. However today's NFL demands physicality at the Qb position.

If Tua doesn't rebound physically, it'll be a sad story. I'm glad they took the shot, but we got to be thinking contingency plan. Picking #5 and #3 back to back years has given us two chances at finding a top 5-6 Qb.

Look at the Qb's left in the playoffs, all had top 5-6 seasons at the position. The guy that didn't make it, Deshaun Watson, if traded will fetch the greatest return of any player in NFL history.

I'd rather this regime take another on Qb at #3 and sink or swim the old fashion way. I don't care who, just roll again. Then we can also compare this new Qb's release to Marino.

Come on, man!
You've been reading the threads over the past week, right? I'm sure you've seen the countless times someone has posted an article/tweet/whatever saying that Tua doesn't have any elite "skills" and then as examples bring up arm strength or athleticism with his feet as if those are the only QB skills on the planet Earth.

All this is, is showing that his elite release is absolutely an elite "skill". Marino is on there as a comparison because he's well regarded as having one of the fastest released of any QB. If he wasn't there, I'd absolutely bet you at least one person would have asked, "Yeah, but how fast is it compared to Marino?" This isn't the "great unknown" because this isn't comparing them overall as a QB, just one particular facet.

Someone posted a thread with some interesting insight and instead of appreciating something about the QB of the team you follow and the additional content when we're already in the offseason, a lot of people decided to pretend like he committed sacrilege instead and legit got angry. Stop the fanboi nonsense is all I'm saying because it's completely embarrassing.

People need to grow up.

Your right about RG3 and Wentz. But they also weren't sold as once in a lifetime generational, most NFL ready QB to come out of college ever...

Your right about RG3 and Wentz. But they also weren't sold as once in a lifetime generational, most NFL ready QB to come out of college ever...
That's a false narrative: Washington paid a Kings Ransom to move up to snatch RG3. Philly traded up significant resources to draft Wentz. We can also throw in Goff who went #1 .

Sorry but a perceived generational QB does not go #5 in the draft. The forementioned failings are much more disappointing than the spotty first year Tua performance!

Wentz, Goff, RG3, Aikman, Young etc did not come off debilitating, potentially career-limiting injuries to post one or two years of at best mediocre results vs Tua.

Next season, providing there's a training camp will be a true test for Tua after now seeing he can take hits and hopefully his repaired hip will afford him more movement latitude and zip on the ball (which already has been shown to be more than acceptable.)

Until then, Tua's first year compares favorably to some of those QBs who have gone on to be great and hopefully his upward angle of career trajectory will pass Wentz's and Goff's on their way down.

Jesus, some people expect Tua to move up and down the field with in exerienced OL, no good RB's or
WR's.
Do opisu będą dodadwane z biegiem czasu nowe anime, Creepypasty możn…  #losowo # Losowo # amreading # books # wattpad | Facepalm gif, Funny  pictures, Funny

After reading through all the comments in this thread, my view is I really don’t care about certain stats for QB’s. I saw enough of Tua in college to know that he doesn’t have a weak arm and he is going to be an elite QB once he has better talent around him and an OC who build an offense around the things he does best.
I have zero interest in trading Tua for Watson or any other QB except perhaps Mahomes. If I am wrong about Tua and he ends up being a bust, I will be happy to come on here and admit I was wrong. Yet those who have already deemed him a bust after he only played half a season are obviously The same people who never wanted the Dolphins to draft Tua in the first place. It is hard to respect the opinions of individuals who have their own agenda and are not willing to see how Tua develops over the next few seasons.

Perhaps those individuals should go back and read all the comments on here about Josh Allen after his first season in Buffalo. He was seen as an inaccurate QB who would never be a good QB in the NFL. Yet the Bills went out and built an offense around Allen and now he is considered one of the top QB’s in the league.

I expect this same exact thing to happen with Tua once they actually build an offense around him. They don’t need to trade away all the draft picks for Watson because I believe Tua will be just as good if not better than Watson within the next three years.
Agree re trade for Watson - let’s build around Tua and see where this goes.

Back
Top Bottom