Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

I see it as soon as week 3 or 4 depending upon how Fitzpatrick is doing.
It will be an interesting decision, if by chance say we are 7-3, with Fitz moving the ball, scoring and a possible/probable playoff berth looming.

It will be an interesting decision, if by chance say we are 7-3, with Fitz moving the ball, scoring and a possible/probable playoff berth looming.
Flores is going to play the hot hand. He's all about winning. He'll start the water boy if he thinks that gives him a better chance to win. The second he thinks Tua gives us a better chance to win a game he goes in. Otherwise, Tua won't see the field unless RF turns into a INT machine and looks like he's going to cost us wins.

I was fully expecting him to not play at all in his first year. Hold that clipboard and learn something from our grizzled vet QB. Not the case apparently. If he's healthy and can beat out Fitz, he'll play very early in the season. Fitz is the variable that is directly correlated to Tua's playing time. While I don't expect to be a playoff team, I think that if we can continue to build a winning culture and develop these young guys...we will be playoff contenders in 2021.

I was fully expecting him to not play at all in his first year. Hold that clipboard and learn something from our grizzled vet QB. Not the case apparently. If he's healthy and can beat out Fitz, he'll play very early in the season. Fitz is the variable that is directly correlated to Tua's playing time. While I don't expect to be a playoff team, I think that if we can continue to build a winning culture and develop these young guys...we will be playoff contenders in 2021.
Although unlikely, I'm not ruling out the playoffs. I think we could have a very good defense. The short TC will hurt teaching the rooks technique, but it shouldn't be a detriment to being assignment sound.

Although unlikely, I'm not ruling out the playoffs. I think we could have a very good defense. The short TC will hurt teaching the rooks technique, but it shouldn't be a detriment to being assignment sound.
All the leagues have rooks and short TCs. Just gotta make sure our rooks can beat theirs......... I'm still in on AFCE champs this year. What are we dealing with the other teams aren't? You think Cam can learn the playbook faster than Tua? Maybe if his hatter gives him a special hat.
url.jpg

All the leagues have rooks and short TCs. Just gotta make sure our rooks can beat theirs......... I'm still in on AFCE champs this year. What are we dealing with the other teams aren't? You think Cam can learn the playbook faster than Tua? Maybe if his hatter gives him a special hat.
View attachment 52001
Yes, they all have them, but not nearly as many that will be counted on so heavily.

Flores is going to play the hot hand. He's all about winning. He'll start the water boy if he thinks that gives him a better chance to win. The second he thinks Tua gives us a better chance to win a game he goes in. Otherwise, Tua won't see the field unless RF turns into a INT machine and looks like he's going to cost us wins.

Exactly. Let me share my variables.
IF TT is clearly/undeniably superior to RF, he starts game one. Ummm, except, he only has 14 practices and no PS games. RF starts.
If RF stinks the pace up 1st 3-4 games, TT comes in, but even that has variables. Has Flo already decided game 8? How much of a factor is OL? Will he give TT a few snaps in games already decided by 4Q?
Warning; I'm going to exaggerate. If RF plays well and has the team at 4-0, 7-1, 10-2, I doubt TT goes in. What factors actually influence Flo's decision, I have no idea.
Personally, based on no evidence, I think TT will start. 'When' is the question. Thus, I don't think it's "if."Given the affect of C19, I doubt it's game 1. More likely after game 6.

Back
Top Bottom