Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

Once the team starts to get close to being eliminated from the playoffs.

I think Tua might start early, If Fitz is not playing out of his mind.

Depending of how hot Fitz might be, how much better Tua is looking compared to Fitz in practice, and how effective the O-line is once Tua is ready.

A few things are for sure though, 1. Tua will start this year...2. He will not start week one against the Patriots...3. Fitzpatrick will be helping him grow as an NFL QB, even though he knows it will mean him losing his starting job.

I'm fine with him not playing at all this season....

I'm fine with him not playing at all this season....
Depends on the situation, but it wouldn't be a bad idea, assuming he is physically sound, to get him some live action experience reading NFL level defenses, making line calls, etc this season. If not, it would be nearly two years since he took an actual game snap.

Would anyone be opposed to Fitz and Tia doing a double attack on defenses, periodically have Tua come in and get some reps but do it in a way that is strategic and calculated?
Not at all.

In fact, that's not a bad idea, at all. I could see him come in with a preset package of well practiced plays, that differ substantially from Fitz's usual fare. That would probably put the defense on thier heels.

I have speculated previously that I wouldn't be surprised if BB did something along those lines with Newton and Stidham.

Not at all.

In fact, that's not a bad idea, at all. I could see him come in with a preset package of well practiced plays, that differ substantially from Fitz's usual fare. That would probably put the defense on thier heels.

I have speculated previously that I wouldn't be surprised if BB did something along those lines with Newton and Stidham.

Hey if the great drew brees can be on the sideline and watch another Av take some reps then so can fitz.. I love the way Sean Payton attacks defenses with both

If we get way behind or way ahead in a game we'll see Tua until he is finally named starter I would imagine
Hoping for the way ahead one of course :)

If we get way behind or way ahead in a game we'll see Tua until he is finally named starter I would imagine
Hoping for the way ahead one of course :)
That would seem to be the practical way. Before multi million dollar rookie contracts, and unrelenting media hype, that was the standard practice.

Last edited:
I would say midway during season or mop up duty early. Also depends on how well Fitz is playing and team is winning.

Tua is so much more gifted at playing qb that day one you'll see a difference in the two that will be undeniable.
While I agree that Tua is more gifted, he has to acclimate himself to NFL level defenses and speed. We don’t know how long this process will take.
Also, I wouldn’t just write off how well Fitz might perform back under Chan.

It will be an interesting decision, if by chance say we are 7-3, with Fitz moving the ball, scoring and a possible/probable playoff berth looming.
So what happen if Fitzpatrick lead us too playoff.. do we resign him or cut him next yr????

Back
Top Bottom