Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

So what happen if Fitzpatrick lead us too playoff.. do we resign him or cut him next yr????
In that scenario, Fitz would have had his best season ever (I think) and given his age more than likely ride off into the sunset with his family. (unless he wants to be part of the coaching staff.)
That would leave us with Tua without any game experience and without a veteran to teach, support and as insurance at the #2 spot. (Unless Rosen has developed as competition.)

IMO not a great thing .... Tua needs live reps before next seasons draft.

In that scenario, Fitz would have had his best season ever (I think) and given his age more than likely ride off into the sunset with his family. (unless he wants to be part of the coaching staff.)
That would leave us with Tua without any game experience and without a veteran to teach, support and as insurance at the #2 spot. (Unless Rosen has developed as competition.)

IMO not a great thing .... Tua needs live reps before next seasons draft.
Tua and Rosen need live reps.. I think Rosen would of gotten better if he had played rest of season last yr.

Would anyone be opposed to Fitz and Tua doing a double attack on defenses, periodically have Tua come in and get some reps but do it in a way that is strategic and calculated?
That would be fun. Fitz plays a few series, gives some pointers to Tua, let’ him get some practice, bring Fitz back in

However, if that’s happens and Tua balls, he may just never give Fitz the job back

Anyways, i think we see RF until the bye OR when he becomes a turnover machine

No..... no, he won’t
If he dont find qb he will be gone. Just because u start rebuild doesnt mean u going be successful coach. Another coach could be miami hero in future..who know how this going panout. It happened w 49ers.

If he dont find qb he will be gone. Just because u start rebuild doesnt mean u going be successful coach. Another coach could be miami hero in future..who know how this going panout. It happened w 49ers.
Dude you said if he doesn’t start Tua this year he’s done. Sorry but that’s stupid. If we wait a full calendar year before seeing him it’s still gonna be under Flores. Highly doubt he would be fired unless the season totally implodes

Dude you said if he doesn’t start Tua this year he’s done. Sorry but that’s stupid. If we wait a full calendar year before seeing him it’s still gonna be under Flores. Highly doubt he would be fired unless the season totally implodes
I didnt say that at all someone else said that.. I said if he dont find qb. He is done. He got 3 yr find franchise qb.

Last edited:
What an introduction.

Closed practices with no preseason.

When he starts it'll be the first time seeing him.

I'm still of the belief that we are rolling with Fitz as our QB for this season and Tua's job is to watch, listen and learn. Depending on how Tua (and Rosen) go in practice but the biggest determinant is how well Fitz plays in the actual games. If he's winning and playing well, we sit pat and continue to roll with Fitz. If he's stinking it up in games and Tua looks good at practice a change becomes possible/likely. My expectation is that Fitz will play well.

While I agree that Tua is more gifted, he has to acclimate himself to NFL level defenses and speed. We don’t know how long this process will take.
Also, I wouldn’t just write off how well Fitz might perform back under Chan.

Fitz wasn't that good under Gailey. Only had ann 88 qb rating and less than a 7 ypa. Both are below what a playoff caliber qb is required to do.

Fitz wasn't that good under Gailey. Only had ann 88 qb rating and less than a 7 ypa. Both are below what a playoff caliber qb is required to do.

Maybe he had a lot of dropped balls (B. Marshall), I can't recall. Regardless, I think 31 TDs is better than average.

Back
Top Bottom