Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

I'm still of the belief that we are rolling with Fitz as our QB for this season and Tua's job is to watch, listen and learn. Depending on how Tua (and Rosen) go in practice but the biggest determinant is how well Fitz plays in the actual games. If he's winning and playing well, we sit pat and continue to roll with Fitz. If he's stinking it up in games and Tua looks good at practice a change becomes possible/likely. My expectation is that Fitz will play well.
Dont worry tua will play this year
Maybe he had a lot of dropped balls (B. Marshall), I can't recall. Regardless, I think 31 TDs is better than average.
U trying protect Fitzpatrick..we all know Fitzpatrick is good back up qb.

First and foremost is Tua's health. He has to be healthy enough to play and we know nothing based a couple of workout videos and his gate into the facility (don't laugh it was being analyzed in another thread). If he can't take hits he can't play period.

With the accelerated offseason it's going to be tough for a rookie QB to start early, especially with a wily veteran like Fitz on the team. I'm in no rush to play Tua, I really want to see him play but I can wait until he's ready.

I can't wait for the, "Tua is Ready Flores Just Has a Love Affair With Fitz" threads if Tua is playing by the time folks think he should be. Those will be fun and believe me I've been here a very long time if he's not out there by week 6ish to 10ish they are coming.

First and foremost is Tua's health. He has to be healthy enough to play and we know nothing based a couple of workout videos and his gate into the facility (don't laugh it was being analyzed in another thread). If he can't take hits he can't play period.

With the accelerated offseason it's going to be tough for a rookie QB to start early, especially with a wily veteran like Fitz on the team. I'm in no rush to play Tua, I really want to see him play but I can wait until he's ready.

I can't wait for the, "Tua is Ready Flores Just Has a Love Affair With Fitz" threads if Tua is playing by the time folks think he should be. Those will be fun and believe me I've been here a very long time if he's not out there by week 6ish to 10ish they are coming.
b09abda792.jpg

If I'm Flo....these are the things Tua needs to show me first.
1) I know the playbook and can run the offensive better than any other QB on the roster.
2) I'm physically comfortable. I'm able to move, run, evade sacks, and able to take any hit.
3) The locker room believes I offer the team the best chance to win. They all want to play with, and for, me. That includes the defensive guys as well.
4) I understand my importance to the team. I won't take unnecessary risks trying to make something out of nothing. I'm really not reckless, stupid, and into hero ball. More like the time frame of goals is different in college and with Saban.

Then, and only then, can we start talking about him playing. OL "gelling" has nothing to do with nothing IMHO. Neither does Fitz or Rosen or the competition level of our opponent.

If I was the coach he will start Day 1, them team needs to change it's identity in the very first game so he can get the feel of the defenses, Fitz is not the future, so what if you win a game or two with fitz, why draft him if you're not going to play him.

Tua running

If I was the coach he will start Day 1, them team needs to change it's identity in the very first game so he can get the feel of the defenses, Fitz is not the future, so what if you win a game or two with fitz, why draft him if you're not going to play him.

Fair, but on the flip side why draft him if your going to give him the David Carr treatment?

LOL at all the people who think we should start Tua week one. Like, you've got a fragile QB who is used to operating in an offense that can physically outmatch all but one or two teams they will play an entire season, and he still managed to get hurt a few times taking hits he shouldn't, yet you want to run him out there just a year after we saw what happens to a young QB thrown into an offense in complete disarray?

People always while about when people talk about past players and past mistakes, only what happens in the future, but I kind of like when we analyze and understand what's happened in the past so we don't clutter the board with bad ideas.

This season is not real about Fitzpatrick.it more about Tua.. you can throw him in fire day one, or u can wait few games. Bottom line dolphins didnt draft Tua ro be on bench long...plus he need nfl games reps..

Depends on the situation, but it wouldn't be a bad idea, assuming he is physically sound, to get him some live action experience reading NFL level defenses, making line calls, etc this season. If not, it would be nearly two years since he took an actual game snap.
Yeah. I don't want to see Tua going into the 2021 season with zero real game experience. He's the first-round pick and a guy we are counting on. Need to get him going when it seems sensible.

Game 6 if we have a losing record. If not then November if we have a losing record or as soon as we are knocked out of the playoffs.

I don't see the point of the never ending conversation on this topic. We used our top pick and highest pick in many years to get Tua. We were linked with Tua throughout last season with multiple leaders of the team including Ross himself at Bama games to see him in person. So, now we have Tua. Tua is not on PUP list and is working out and slinging the rock reportedly quite well. So, when he is consistently outperforming RF, and Flores thinks the O line is at a point that Tua doesn't need to run for his life each play, in he goes. Could be game 1, could be game 16. I hope it's sooner than later. We didn't;t get him to win the coveted best bench QB award...

Back
Top Bottom