Tua Instagram postšŸ¤” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Instagram postšŸ¤”

Just because they're fruit doesn't mean that apples are the same as oranges...

Tom Moore was 60 years old when he was Manning's OC. Not even on the downside of his career.

Gailey is 69 years old...AND WAS RETIRED!

Two totally different situations....
I still donā€™t get how ones age has anything to do w their ability to call plays? Or the that old coordinators are better suited to call plays for old QBs and young coordinators are better suited to call plays for young QBs.

PS - Tom Moore was still calling plays for Peyton at 70...just saying.

Last edited:
I still donā€™t get how ones age has anything to do w their ability to call plays? Or the that old coordinators are better suited to call plays for old QBs and young coordinators are better suited to call plays for young QBs.
Believe you/me...I'm in no way excusing Tua's Keystone Kop imitation in regards to Tua's play.

What I am saying is that you don't bring in an OC who was above average in the best of times and who had officially retired to call the offense for your supposed franchise QB.

In light of the fact that:
  1. Gailey was Fitzpatrick's OC while in Buffalo and NY.
  2. We finished the season off well with Fitzpatrick
  3. Started the season with Fitzpatrick as the starter...and should have kept it that way.
Flores made a coaching mistake when he either didn't hire an OC that can grow with the offense, or benched the only sensible link to the Gailey hire in favor of Tua.

As trash as Tua has looked, not near a** can get me to believe that he outplayed Fitzpatrick in practice for that job.

Looks to me like , he is grateful to be part of the Dolphins, grateful for the fan support, and knows the Miami Dolphins competing year in, year out is very close with that final..."Roses will bloom again" comment.

Last edited:

PS - Tom Moore was still calling plays for Peyton at 70...just saying.
He's 82 today...

He came in with Manning in '98 (22 years ago).

That would have made him 60 years old when he got the Indy job...

Check my figures and dates...I may be wrong, especially the part about Moore being out of football for four years and then coming into the Indy job.

He's 82 today...

He came in with Manning in '98 (22 years ago).

That would have made him 60 years old when he got the Indy job...

Check my figures and dates...I may be wrong, especially the part about Moore being out of football for four years and then coming into the Indy job.
Yep, he coached Manning from age 60-70. Heā€™s still active w Tampa now. Sounds like a cushy job.

Believe you/me...I'm in no way excusing Tua's Keystone Kop imitation in regards to Tua's play.

What I am saying is that you don't bring in an OC who was above average in the best of times and who had officially retired to call the offense for your supposed franchise QB.

In light of the fact that:
  1. Gailey was Fitzpatrick's OC while in Buffalo and NY.
  2. We finished the season off well with Fitzpatrick
  3. Started the season with Fitzpatrick as the starter...and should have kept it that way.
Flores made a coaching mistake when he either didn't hire an OC that can grow with the offense, or benched the only sensible link to the Gailey hire in favor of Tua.

As trash as Tua has looked, not near a** can get me to believe that he outplayed Fitzpatrick in practice for that job.
I see what youā€™re getting at - mainly that at his age heā€™s not going to be coaching Tua for long. Fair enough. Our O did perform better statistically than it had in a very long time on PPG, TOP, 3rd/4th down conversions and I attribute that to Gailey who had bad QB play, no RBs, no WRs except a bit of Williams and Parker and 3 rookie OL. Not a bad body of work. Having said that, I see your point about having someone that could be w Tua for 10 years, etc.

Looking back on the season there are these facts to consider.
1. Flores believes in winning now and is willing to churn players to make that happen.
2. If Gaily was hired as many suggest because he gave Fitz the best opportunity to succeed this season that meant Flores had no intention of playing Tua this year.
3. Fitz over reaction on getting benched for Tua this year reinforces this line of thinking indicating Flores had insured him this was the case.
4. The team overall exceeded expectations this year especially the brand Oline.

Guessing on why Flores started Tua revolves around these facts and other possibilities such as

1. Did Tua show tremendous progress at practice to encourage this decision.
2. Or did Florres get encouraged by Grier and the front office to play Tua.
3. Or was it a simple fact that getting the experience this year was worth the gamble of starting Tua to soon?

tua fat kid need go on diet trade to saint! 3rd roun pick valu final offer
Tua will be the starting QB for the Dolphins for the next decade or more. So if that bothers you, there are 31 other teams you can always root for that will not have Tua as their QB.

Looking back on the season there are these facts to consider.
1. Flores believes in winning now and is willing to churn players to make that happen.
2. If Gaily was hired as many suggest because he gave Fitz the best opportunity to succeed this season that meant Flores had no intention of playing Tua this year.
3. Fitz over reaction on getting benched for Tua this year reinforces this line of thinking indicating Flores had insured him this was the case.
4. The team overall exceeded expectations this year especially the brand Oline.

Guessing on why Flores started Tua revolves around these facts and other possibilities such as

1. Did Tua show tremendous progress at practice to encourage this decision.
2. Or did Florres get encouraged by Grier and the front office to play Tua.
3. Or was it a simple fact that getting the experience this year was worth the gamble of starting Tua to soon?
Good post - I say getting Tua Experience because he was healthy trumped Fitz 50:50 ball

The only thing that stood out to me in the post was the comment section, where Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker both gave him words of encouragement. Both those guys were written off as busts early in their careers and developed into high caliber NFL players, and itā€™s cool to see those young veterans take that next step into leadership roles.

Back
Top Bottom