Tua is 5th in MVP Watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is 5th in MVP Watch

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Going into Week 4, Tua is currently 5th in the MVP watch according to NFL.com right behind Mahomes. This is his 2nd week in the top 5 for him. It's still early in the season, but it's incredible even seeing him in those conversations. Watching the Broncos game this past week, I was thinking my goodness, Tua is better than Russell Wilson right now. I'd rather have Tua. Watching Wilson miss on plays that I knew Tua would make. It's a wonderful feeling. Major props to him, McDaniel, WR duo, and the entire Fins crew. Heck of a start in this early gauntlet.

It’s great that Tua is in top 5 in MVP and hopefully he remains there the whole season. One thing I am really confused from media is why Hurts is rated so high? Not saying he is not playing good football but Tua is beating him in every QB statistic and played against tougher opponents. But for some reason, Hurts is getting all these love and credit for making the jump this year but his stats is still lower than Tua through three games.

It’s great that Tua is in top 5 in MVP and hopefully he remains there the whole season. One thing I am really confused from media is why Hurts is rated so high? Not saying he is not playing good football but Tua is beating him in every QB statistic and played against tougher opponents. But for some reason, Hurts is getting all these love and credit for making the jump this year but his stats is still lower than Tua through three games.
Maybe they didnt expect well play from hurts. But expected great things from tua after signing hill and upgradi g the offense. 2 cents.

Maybe they didnt expect well play from hurts. But expected great things from tua after signing hill and upgradi g the offense. 2 cents.
They added AJ Brown. He’s a stud that cost basically an identical amount of draft capital as Hill did when u break it all down.

And they didn’t need to revamp their Oline bc it was already elite.

It is because Hurts makes the more wow highlight plays because he is mobile. But alot of those plays are also because Hurts tends to miss some easy reads as well. Also the media loves the rushing aspects of QBs now (fantasy driven). Hurts has 167 yards and 3 tds rushing.

Tua is a much more cerebral type QB. He makes quick and good reads and delivers the ball on time and accurate. Tua can make QB look simpler then it actually is. He is only going to improve at this as well. He just needed to get back health and confidence wise. For example the TD pass to Cracraft. Most QBs would never even throw that let alone have that type of anticipation. He started throwing that ball when the WR was 2 strides from his break and threw it in between 3 defenders. When Tua and everyone get more comfortable in those O you will see and even better overall O and Tua.

The fans and media need to be careful complaining about the defenders being out for the Bills.

They are indirectly making a case why Josh Allen is not the MVP

Back
Top Bottom