Tua is 7-3 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is 7-3

No, but context matters.

1) Fitzpatrick came in and won the Raiders game. Tua gets the W because he started, but Fitz won it.

2) Then there are games where did basically nothing but still gets credit for the W. Think about the Pats game last year. Miami’s rushing offense put up 250(!!) yards on NE. Tua had a 11 completions, a 45 QBR, 0 TD’s and 1 INT. Are we going to pretend that Tua had something to do with that win??

Another is the win against the Rams. Defense/ST’s accounted for 14 points. Take those away (because Tua doesn’t play defense or ST) and he has another loss. Tua struggled to move the ball that day. 13 drives and only 2 ended in scores. Context matters.

3) Its tough to use record as a QB statistic with a small sample size because it doesn’t take into consideration whether the player had anything to do with the win. Heck, even guys like Fiedler have a great record. 36-23.

This is pretty much all I've ever been trying to say about QB and wins. Great post.

No, but context matters.

1) Fitzpatrick came in and won the Raiders game. Tua gets the W because he started, but Fitz won it.

2) Then there are games where did basically nothing but still gets credit for the W. Think about the Pats game last year. Miami’s rushing offense put up 250(!!) yards on NE. Tua had a 11 completions, a 45 QBR, 0 TD’s and 1 INT. Are we going to pretend that Tua had something to do with that win??

Another is the win against the Rams. Defense/ST’s accounted for 14 points. Take those away (because Tua doesn’t play defense or ST) and he has another loss. Tua struggled to move the ball that day. 13 drives and only 2 ended in scores. Context matters.

3) Its tough to use record as a QB statistic with a small sample size because it doesn’t take into consideration whether the player had anything to do with the win. Heck, even guys like Fiedler have a great record. 36-23.

Lol! So now Qbs shouldn't get credit for wins because the running game and/or ST was potent that day?

WTF?

Lol! So now Qbs shouldn't get credit for wins because the running game and/or ST was potent that day?

WTF?

Again, context matters.

They get the W on their record, but you can’t use that W as proof of them being good if the QB had 45 QBR, 0 TD’s and an INT. It clearly wasn’t the QB that helped the win. If anything, they hurt.

No, but context matters.

Fiedler was completely taken for granted here. That’s a great record. And if you look historically at QB winning percentage you aren’t going to find many bad QBs with high winning percentages. I don’t think there are any. Jimmy G gets no respect either. Some team is going to get a steal with him if he stays healthy. People always want to bring up Trent Dilfer because he won one Super Bowl, but he was barely over .500 for his career. Winning does matter. Tom Brady was a mediocre system QB for his first 6 seasons. Never had a great TD-Int ratio until then. Good. Almost 2-1. But not great. Tua will improve. That pick cost him 20 points in QBR last week. By the end of the season I expect him to be over 100. And I expect his YPA to be 7.5-8.5 baser on what we saw last week.

Last edited:
Again, context matters.

They get the W on their record, but you can’t use that W as proof of them being good if the QB had 45 QBR, 0 TD’s and an INT. It clearly wasn’t the QB that helped the win. If anything, they hurt.
You can. I do. Fitz would have thrown 2 ints and cost us the game. Also, Tua rushed for a TD after throwing that Int in a similar situation early in the game.

Chris Mortensen says the Dolphins are still in the DeShaun Watson derby. He wants to play here and the Dolphins will trade for him if Tua continues to look mediocre.

Chris Mortensen says the Dolphins are still in the DeShaun Watson derby. He wants to play here and the Dolphins will trade for him if Tua continues to look mediocre.
Rumors go in the Locker guy

That is really all it is

He’s 7-3 in his last 10 games, 6 of which were his rookie year when he wasn’t even healthy. So where’s the mediocre? OK genius, I’ll play, how many NFL QBs can you name that have a 70% winning percentage in their last 10 games. Name them.

If you attack other posters you will be banned from this thread

Last warning

Did you not see my warning ?

Stop with the personal attacks

Back
Top Bottom