Tua is 7-3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is 7-3

With respect. Herbert is a better pure QB (passer) at this point then Tua. Just as Marino was a better pure QB (passer) then Brady or Montana. Not accounting for teams/coaching/OL/Defense/Running game etc. Tua may very well be more successful overall and win us multiple Lombardi trophies and never be the pure passer that Herbert is. I don't understand why we can't all agree that both of them have strengths and weaknesses and that both are quality young men on and off the field.
But thats the point. PPl would day Brady and Montana are greater qbs than marino despite marino's better talent. Herbert has better arm than tua, but so did marino to montana and look how things went

no it's not. Elite plays for 15 passes per game? Team was relying on beast mode and defense not him. If he was so great, they'd have him throw much more. He wasn't ready for that, but game manager at the time which he developed to a franchise qb from there. Oh yeah and RG3 made elite plays his rookie season too and then we see how that went ha. When a qb passes so few times, elite plays don't mean too much as not much is asked. It meant something because russel wilson had it to be a franchise qb, but RG3 made great plays and seemed to be a good qb and then that injury and it went downhill from that. Russel Wilson was not treated as a franchise qb until 2 to 3 years later, he was a game manager.
Lawrence’s first game he had 3 INTs, does anybody believe that will be his norm?

Tua was hyped at a level close to Luck and Lawrence…just needs time and experience…I still mostly consider him a red-shirt rookie.

Lawrence’s first game he had 3 INTs, does anybody believe that will be his norm?

Tua was hyped at a level close to Luck and Lawrence…just needs time and experience…I still mostly consider him a red-shirt rookie.
yeah which is interesting why doubters here say he doesn't have a lot of physical talent. Yeah he doesn't have a cannon like herbert, but he has to have ton of skills that's much more than the mental side to be hyped close to luck and lawrence. No matter how great the intangibles are and mental aspect, you aren't being hyped a level close to those guys unless you have some top tier skills with passing and movements in the pocket

But thats the point. PPl would day Brady and Montana are greater qbs than marino despite marino's better talent. Herbert has better arm than tua, but so did marino to montana and look how things went
Exactly. That was my point. We should be appreciating that we finally have a quality QB with great potential in Tua. And as football fans (and QB fans) we can also appreciate the great arm Herbert has. Except when we play the Chargers!

Exactly. That was my point. We should be appreciating that we finally have a quality QB with great potential in Tua. And as football fans (and QB fans) we can also appreciate the great arm Herbert has. Except when we play the Chargers!
Yeah. a great arm is great and sometimes it allows for greatness for qbs like pat mahomes, Rodgers, Brett Favre, Elway and Marino. But Brady has a good arm but no one would say he has a cannon. Often it's more of a bonus than necessity for a great qb. A lot of the great qbs there are, the best of the best ironically are qbs that don't have cannon arms. Brady had a better arm than Montana. It might sound strange for young fans, but before Brady proved his greatness, it was Montana who was seen as the goat qb. And imo, Montana had a very average arm. Tua has a better arm than Montana, And a lot of your qb busts or the biggest busts for qbs were ones touted for such a great arm they had. I mean Jamarcus Russel....Wasn't Ryan leaf argued by some scouts to have more potential or wanted as a no 1 pick over manning because of his stronger arm than manning and talent there?

Last edited:
As long as our D keeps showing their appreciation of Herbert like they did last time, he’s fine by me.

Jay Fiedler Had a great record too so....dont put too much stock in that...not that you ignore it but just to say oh he has this great overall record he's awesome when its a TEAM game ...

I keep saying it but Tuas problem isnt his talent....it isn't his arm or anything physical....the kid needs to LEARN TO READ THE DEFENSE PRE-SNAP.

For whatever reason that's a huge issue for him. If/when he overcomes that he will be golden...until then he will struggle with inconsistency as he has so far. Because once any competent Defensive Coordinator figures him out during a game and how to trick him he's going to struggle.

The OCs have some to do with this as they can help him with better play calling until he can read defenses more consistently on his own....but right now that is his issue....he has no talent limitations that stop him from being an awesome QB, as good or better than Herbert or whomever....sure one may have a stronger arm or another may be more accurate but as a package there's nothing stopping him physically.... Its all MENTAL...like I said in the off-season he needs to work out ...great...but he must get in that film room with ZACH THOMAS like passion and work his brain out.

Fingers crossed it’s going to be 7-4 after Sunday. It’ll be a tuff game for all involved with that muggy heat game time.

Rooting for an injury free hard fought game from both sides.

Why does there have to be an anti Tua crowd? Don't people have lives anymore? Who's got the time to be part of the anti Tua crowd? What's wrong with people today? I blame it on social media. We gave millions of morons a forum for their stupidity to be read. I'm against the anti Tua crowd!!

Russell Wilson was making elite plays his first three years. Thats a TERRIBLE comparison with no basis in reality.
Elite plays while throwing for 200 yards a game like Tua did last season? Unfortunately Tua didn't get to hand off to Lynch to take the pressure off literally all the time.

I almost agree. Mac Jones did not make a single play down the field. You have to do that to win games. Even the early 70’s fins who could run it on almost every down knew they had to get Warfield involved to win consistently. Tua made some downfield plays. Jones did not. That was a factor in the game.
What do you consider down field?

That INT was U-G-L-Y.

And scared.

Who does he think he is?! Fitzmagic?!

Try having to rotate your torso and throw across your body in the blink of an eye while a defender bears down on you. Not easy.

We’ve all seen the very best QB‘s in the game have the same problem and make the same mistake before. Has nothing to do with being scared. That’s nonsense. Made up BS.

Tua attempted to do the right thing by throwing the ball away once he knew he couldn’t escape. It just didn’t work out that particular time. It happens to everyone from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom