Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

So far, he's had more mediocre/bad games than good games.
What is his record as a starter? 7- 4 and 1 -0 this year. What would his record be with a solid running game that is the question? Let's be real about Tua he has not been lights out nor has he been absolutely horrible! This is his second year and yet to play a full season of games... the Tua downers are tiring down every thread. Talking about a running game to help whoever is QB

Again Tua is our Quarterback this thread is about what can we do to improve the offense and the passing game this year with the PLAYERS we have now.

Until teams fear our passing attack we’re not gonna be able to run the ball no matter how good our line is. That box is going to be packed until they do.

What is his record as a starter? 7- 4 and 1 -0 this year. What would his record be with a solid running game that is the question? Let's be real about Tua he has not been lights out nor has he been absolutely horrible! This is his second year and yet to play a full season of games... the Tua downers are tiring down every thread. Talking about a running game to help whoever is QB
Its not that we are "downers" but nothing about Tua looks impressive. I love he has a 7-4 record but watching him play inspires no feeling of "THIS IS OUR DUDE!" I dont feel that at all watching him. Maybe, its because he is a "game manager" which translates to "boring to watch". I dunno what it is. But Tua does not blow my socks off.
I am not a Charger's fan at all, in fact I lived in Cali and hated it. But watching Herbert, Im excited. I feel zero excitement watching Tua.
I hope Tua turns this around and Im glad to have him back but I want to enjoy watching him play football. If not, whats the point?

Great. More idiots posting the Qbs record. Might as well post Jason Sanders record. It's lame and not a reflection of how a player plays.
Okay then let's post some Games. People who ignore facts should not call people idiots that really is not needed.

Against Mack Jones, with Tua starting we Won
Against Cam Newton Last year we won
Against Justin Herbert last year, with Tua we won
Against Kyler Murray last year with Tua We Won
Against Mahomes last year, with Tua we lost by 6pts

My point is he has not shown he cannot be the guy base on games played this far so let's get a running game going and stop thinking Tua has not played well at times. He was a rookie last year.

Until teams fear our passing attack we’re not gonna be able to run the ball no matter how good our line is. That box is going to be packed until they do.
I agree, while having a good running game might "protect" Tua and the OL somewhat, it's not the optimal way to score points. I mean it could make sense if your number 1 priority is steady growth from your offense with a look towards the future, I could buy that maybe. But if your #1 priority is winning football games now, they'll need to let Tua throw the ball a hell of alot more than 20 times a game.

I agree, while having a good running game might "protect" Tua and the OL somewhat, it's not the optimal way to score points. I mean it could make sense if your number 1 priority is steady growth from your offense with a look towards the future, I could buy that maybe. But if your #1 priority is winning football games now, they'll need to let Tua throw the ball a hell of alot more than 20 times a game.
If you think having a running game is about "scoring points" you really havent been paying attention. Why you need to run the ball.

1. If you can run, it causes defenses to move up into the box and respect your run potential. This allows you to throw deep as they fear your run so the safeties are up closer to the line. If you cant run safeties can sit deep all game. This opens up a lot of opportunities for passing. Now when you can run AND pass, the defense has to spend a lot of effort trying guess what youre doing. If you cant run, they just pass defend making the defense's job twice as easy.
2. Running the ball controls the clock in several ways. It lets you run out the clock when youre ahead AND it allows you to give your defense time to rest and recover.
3. A strong running game snowballs. It may not be affective early in the game but it snowballs. Why? Because it wears a defense down as tackling RBs and having the O-line going downhill at your D-line takes its toll. Thats why running the ball becomes so efficient late game as the defense is beat down and tired.
4. The opposing D-line loves nothing more than pinning its ears back and rushing your QB for sacks. Running the ball allows your Offense to push back, bringing the fight to them. Offensive lineman typically love running the ball as they finally get to be the aggressor vs the defenders.

In closing: Teams that can run are a double threat causing defenses to think and gamble a lot more. Are you running, or are you passing? They dont know. It greatly aids your offense when you can run the ball. Teams that run with great success have a much easier time passing the ball. This is common sense.

If you think having a running game is about "scoring points" you really havent been paying attention. Why you need to run the ball.

1. If you can run, it causes defenses to move up into the box and respect your run potential. This allows you to throw deep as they fear your run so the safeties are up closer to the line. If you cant run safeties can sit deep all game. This opens up a lot of opportunities for passing. Now when you can run AND pass, the defense has to spend a lot of effort trying guess what youre doing. If you cant run, they just pass defend making the defense's job twice as easy.
2. Running the ball controls the clock in several ways. It lets you run out the clock when youre ahead AND it allows you to give your defense time to rest and recover.
3. A strong running game snowballs. It may not be affective early in the game but it snowballs. Why? Because it wears a defense down as tackling RBs and having the O-line going downhill at your D-line takes its toll. Thats why running the ball becomes so efficient late game as the defense is beat down and tired.
4. The opposing D-line loves nothing more than pinning its ears back and rushing your QB for sacks. Running the ball allows your Offense to push back, bringing the fight to them. Offensive lineman typically love running the ball as they finally get to be the aggressor vs the defenders.

In closing: Teams that can run are a double threat causing defenses to think and gamble a lot more. Are you running, or are you passing? They dont know. It greatly aids your offense when you can run the ball. Teams that run with great success have a much easier time passing the ball. This is common sense.
Well said!

If you guys need more proof see what the chargers did.

Chargers makes move
That article portrays a team that fights and dies together. I wish the Dolphins had that type of team work and fire in their blood. Maybe next year. Miami's team moral seems so low right now and has been for weeks.

There are two sides to my feelings on Tua.

Side A never had him rated highly and never wanted him, doesn't believe he is the answer to our needs at all, and at best has potential to be in the batch of QBs between about 12th and 20th best in the NFL.

Side B still wants him to succeed despite how I feel about him as a player. Ill be thrilled if he is successful, for once id be happy to be wrong.

Having said that, to me right now Tua is only the answer to "Who was the least promising QB drafted in the top 10" of his class of course.

If we just remain terrible for the rest of the year and Ross makes a change, imagine how good Tua would be if Lincoln Riley was his coach.

Like anything in football, it's nearly impossible to identify a need without acknowledging a supporting cast. First, I like Gaskins, but he's too small for the tough yards. Brown? Too slow to get the big yards. Thus, I agree a better RB would help. And I'll be disappointed if anyone throws out the 'elite QBs don't need a running game' myth.

Given that, no one knows yet if TT is the answer. I'm optimistic, but not certain. Fans will know a lot more by game 17. I mentioned elsewhere even Henry needs some small holes for big gains. That's uncommon for the Fins. A good pass game helps the run game and visa versa. No honest person will claim the KC run game would be as good with JB and Mia's OL.

Two paragraphs to say, yes, Mia needs a better RB, but the RB, by himself, wouldn't make the O top 10.
The interesting part is that Miami's offensive linemen have been drafted more so on their run blocking reputation.

Deiter? It's all he did at Wisconsin. Hunt is an athletic mauler. Jackson seems better as a run blocker. Eichenberg was more solid all-around.

I know experience matters, but that still could be a workable core.

I'm thinking that if we got the O line fixed we really might not need any other pieces. If Tua gets time he can be deadly accurate. I think our "skill position" guys would be fine. As far as Tua, I remain optimistic. The O-line makes everything go. I could see our entire draft on the O-line.

Back
Top Bottom