Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

You guys keep swooning over Justin Herbert but the Chargers have a great running game with Austin Ekeler. I watch the games, not the stats.
I actually preferred Herbert but still like Tua and currently am happy with what he’s done so far with a team in full rebuild. But stop running Herbert down. He’s playing well. Just accept it.

I actually preferred Herbert but still like Tua and currently am happy with what he’s done so far with a team in full rebuild. But stop running Herbert down. He’s playing well. Just accept it.
Where was I ragging on Herbert at all he is doing great if you read the post clearer I also gave credit to their Oline and RB. I am just saying it's not just Herbert alone the chargers have built a great OLine and have a complimentary running game and Offensive Coordinator. Everyone is trying to compare Tua to Herbert you can not fully do it at this point. Miami still has not built a line or establish a solid running game. Anyone who thinks Herbert would be just as great here is not being realisitic. Every QB is different but an Offensive line is just as critical as the QB. QB knows this that is why they buy them gifts during the season in appreciation.

Tua was drafted for the RPO. Run/pass.
Seems like he's being told to stay in the pocket even if it means being destroyed. He needs to help himself on the 3rd and 4 situations and run for the first.
He was drafted to throw accurate balls down field. He was not drafted to hand off. The line needs help. That OL coach needs to go. If I'm not mistaken he was the most accurate passer in college history. If you have that in your QB, then get the line fixed watch him work

Im not trying to start drama but why does it feel like only some of our fans think Tua is our answer. I havent heard a single media outlet other than fan vlogs that think Tua has "IT". When asked if Tua is our future francchise QB, Sports media tends to say "No".

The offensive line and the scheme dictate run game success. Gaskins would be a much more effective back with the Browns or Niners or Ravens. The obsession with running backs on here is ridiculous.

Steelers' fans were clamoring for the same thing last year, they went out and wasted a first rd pick on a running back, old school fans were happy. Their running game is still awful.

You need a credible rushing attack obviously, but it starts with the line and the system, not the back. But it won't make a bit of difference unless your quarterback can threaten the defense down field.

**** the running back position. Gaskins is fine. He is serviceable. I for the life of me can't figure out why people clamor over us not addressing the running back position when we got the oline we have. The Titans have the best running back in the NFL and is on a historical pace right now and they will struggle to win that **** division. Pass efficiency is such a better predictor of winning than running now.
Yea ur not wrong, but the titans have a winning record and have made the post season the past two years. It doesnt have to be the main focal point, but you cant ignore it like we do, thats the issue.

No, actually the point is we may never find out if Tua is the answer if we do not get a decent running game going. We are trying to do it backward. As great as Marino was did we ever win a Superbowl with him?
The last time we won Superbowl was when we had a complimentary running game. Oh, and by the way, the last time we went to the playoffs is we had a running game with Jay Ajaye. You guys complain about the organization but you are doing the same thing they are doing focusing on finding the next Dan Marino. Get a darn running game going by developing our offensive line to attack for the run.

That doesn't make sense.

Marino didn't have a running game but was still great. Why does Tua need one to be great, even if not as great as Dan.

Your post makes no sense it takes more than a great quarterback to win a Superbowl.

I cannot believe the **** that's posted as an excuse for shitty QB play.

Im not trying to start drama but why does it feel like only some of our fans think Tua is our answer. I havent heard a single media outlet other than fan vlogs that think Tua has "IT". When asked if Tua is our future francchise QB, Sports media tends to say "No".
I don't know it Tua is our franchise QB or not. I have hopes that he could be but it will require a solid team around him. BUT I don't take most media outlets very seriously. Prior to the draft, Tua was spoken of very highly and promoted by the media. The only negative was his injury. Most reporters always said Tua had "IT".

After Tuas first year was average, these same reporters started trashing Tua. They usually talk out of both sides of their ass and position themselves to always be "right", no matter what tier previous position was.

When people stop feeling compelled to qualify Herberts performance with having a better team around him than Tua, that is when they will truly accept how good he is.

No one qualifies Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Murray, etc performance as being surrounded with better talent than Tua, they are just better and still would be better on any team they played on. Herbert is in that category, IMHO.

Tua is his own guy and can still be really good independent of whatever Herbert is doing.

Where was I ragging on Herbert at all he is doing great if you read the post clearer I also gave credit to their Oline and RB. I am just saying it's not just Herbert alone the chargers have built a great OLine and have a complimentary running game and Offensive Coordinator. Everyone is trying to compare Tua to Herbert you can not fully do it at this point. Miami still has not built a line or establish a solid running game. Anyone who thinks Herbert would be just as great here is not being realisitic. Every QB is different but an Offensive line is just as critical as the QB. QB knows this that is why they buy them gifts during the season in appreciation.
Your OP was actually trying to demean Herbert by saying he’s playing at such a high level because of

Oline
Running game
…..

It wasn’t an actual compliment in reality and you know this. You’re a Tua fan snd even tried to justify some point about Tua by dragging Marino the great down.

You’re just like that Trinidad geezer who will utter any nonsense in support of Tua which included running down Marino not winning a SB

Let’s see Tua throw a 50 yard mean fast spiral straight into the running arms of a receiver a few times snd then you can start contemplating talking about Marino and Tua. Until then find other comparisons for Tua.

Marino is untouchable as a Fin.

When people stop feeling compelled to qualify Herberts performance with having a better team around him than Tua, that is when they will truly accept how good he is.

No one qualifies Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Murray, etc performance as being surrounded with better talent than Tua, they are just better and still would be better on any team they played on. Herbert is in that category, IMHO.

Tua is his own guy and can still be really good independent of whatever Herbert is doing.

Actually, a significant number of people do. Justifiably

If you need a running game for your QB to be effective he's not the answer. Not saying that's the case for Tua, but a good QB can still score points consistently without a good running game.

Lol yes lets play like it's the 70s and ignore all the rule changes and advantages passing has over running.
I don't believe that you believe good QBs can consistently score with no running game.

Back
Top Bottom