Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

I must say, 10 catches for 74 yards and two touchdowns out of Myles Gasky does not offend my sensibilities at all.

More running, yes, but I love that!
Yes that is good but that is one game. Myles is good so if we add an elite runner with him we could be well on our way.

We have been realistic about Tua I think he will be a good Qb but not sure about the franchise QB yet but I would really work on the running game and bring Tua along.
A strong running game helps all QBs so to me we should push the coaching and staff to focus there. All the top teams have a running game, not just an elite QB. Watson's trade is not realistic so I think is just wasted time talking about it and next year's QB draft does not look good. Sometimes your best hand is actually the one you got if you are realistic and build from it.

**** the running back position. Gaskins is fine. He is serviceable. I for the life of me can't figure out why people clamor over us not addressing the running back position when we got the oline we have. The Titans have the best running back in the NFL and is on a historical pace right now and they will struggle to win that **** division. Pass efficiency is such a better predictor of winning than running now.

Their rushing attack is dominant and they have a 1% chance at winning the AFC. That 1% is Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson all going down during the postseason.

my main concern is Tua health and what his ceiling going be in nfl. it hard talk about Tua because he has not done anything yet...this where Tua need be as players to win in afc... Allens, Mohomes,Jackson,Herbert, Carr are top dog in afc...

my main concern is Tua health and what his ceiling going be in nfl. it hard talk about Tua because he has not done anything yet...Allens, Mohomes,Jackson,Herbert, Carr
if you run the ball less hits also when passing off play-action less hits

my main concern is Tua health and what his ceiling going be in nfl. it hard talk about Tua because he has not done anything yet...this where Tua need be as players to win in afc... Allens, Mohomes,Jackson,Herbert, Carr are top dog in afc...

Disagree a little. I want an top 3 (elite) QB, but I'll be happy with a consistent top 10 QB. Most of those top 10 are in the playoffs consistently and a number of them get deep in the playoffs.

every top offense has some form of a running game to compliment the passing game

Tampa Bay
Baltimore * QB
Dallas
Buffalo *QB
San Diego
Cleveland
Youre never going to sell that here. Yes, RBs are crucial to success. But, save your sanity too many here put no value on RBs.

Please read this thread clearly be objective no Tua bashing please

Dolphins need to start to focus on getting a solid to dominate the running game and not just Focus on Tua. Why see the list below.

1. It helps your passing game be less predictable
2. It helps with a time of possession which helps your defense
3. It keeps opposing Qbs off the field
4 It allows you to dictate the pace of the game specially on the road as crowd noise becomes less of a factor
5. It establishes physical dominance and can create an identity for the team as a whole.
6. It also fits our coaches philosophy

Now let's not waste years trying to find the next Tom Brady we should roll with Tua and in next years draft do whatever we got to do to get a solid running back and an additional O lineman
Austin Jackson and Liam's strength in college and actually in the NFL is run blocking not pass blocking so play to their strengths. We need to get a mauler left guard as well in next year's draft.
Ryan Tannehill is doing a lot better in Tennessee with a solid running back and run-oriented offensive line. Tua's accuracy and quick release will make him a perfect fit for this run-first system.
Our greatest years were when we had a great running game with Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris and Griese as the complimentary quarterback.
It's time to look to our great past in the early '70s maybe there is our answer.
Please read this thread clearly be objective no Tua bashing please

Dolphins need to start to focus on getting a solid to dominate the running game and not just Focus on Tua. Why see the list below.

1. It helps your passing game be less predictable
2. It helps with a time of possession which helps your defense
3. It keeps opposing Qbs off the field
4 It allows you to dictate the pace of the game specially on the road as crowd noise becomes less of a factor
5. It establishes physical dominance and can create an identity for the team as a whole.
6. It also fits our coaches philosophy

Now let's not waste years trying to find the next Tom Brady we should roll with Tua and in next years draft do whatever we got to do to get a solid running back and an additional O lineman
Austin Jackson and Liam's strength in college and actually in the NFL is run blocking not pass blocking so play to their strengths. We need to get a mauler left guard as well in next year's draft.
Ryan Tannehill is doing a lot better in Tennessee with a solid running back and run-oriented offensive line. Tua's accuracy and quick release will make him a perfect fit for this run-first system.
Our greatest years were when we had a great running game with Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris and Griese as the complimentary quarterback.
It's time to look to our great past in the early '70s maybe there is our answer.
so true.. EVERY SB winning team has had a great defense AND running game.. am i wrong??

Patriots always had good running backs over the years look it up.

Edelman and Wes Welker were basically running back/WRs in the slot position..it was just a quick forward handoff that is why Brady has lasted so long.

Back
Top Bottom