Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

**** the running back position. Gaskins is fine. He is serviceable. I for the life of me can't figure out why people clamor over us not addressing the running back position when we got the oline we have. The Titans have the best running back in the NFL and is on a historical pace right now and they will struggle to win that **** division. Pass efficiency is such a better predictor of winning than running now.
Serviceable ? So serviceable RB is enough? We are serviceable at every position. At best.

Gaskin does not hit the holes fast enough he is good, not elite.

Ricky Williams Jay Ajaye always hit the holes before they close. Look at the RB playing with Justin Herbert that dude is decisive!
I agree.. look at the current league today, its hard to name a really good team with a sh*** RB in their backfield. That, or find a good team without a decent to good oline... you gotta have either or both. We got none, add to that an unhealthy WR core. Cant even create chemistry with the entire team. Super important. We are totally behind schedule at this point. And most are blaming Tua or pushing him to make the TEAM better, gimme a break.

Last edited:
I said it 2 years ago, we should have signed Melvin Gordon instead of Jordan Howard. Three down back that can block and catch passes. He’s what we need until we address the position via draft. I’m sure he would come cheap right now as well.
Melvin has 11 receptions in 5 games-Gaskin has 10 in one game with a backup QB...I'll stick with Gaskin, just use him correctly

I’m a Tua fan. His nuts need to drop with very winnable games over the next 3 out of 4.

A running game helps all QBs….. so does an OL… and a defense…. and coaching. I don’t think Tua is any different l.

Dolphins make every game a challenge. We were up 14- 0 against the Raiders and they run a screen pass in the end zone and get a safety. Tua having being coached by Saban would have checked out of the stupid call.

Serviceable ? So serviceable RB is enough? We are serviceable at every position. At best.
What running back could we have had the past 4 games that would have made a difference in a win or a loss? Javonte Williams 246 yards through 5 games at a 4.6 average? Najee Harris 309 yards through 5 games at 3.9 average? It wouldn't have matter if we had Eric Dickerson back there the last 4 games. The results would have been the same.

Please read this thread clearly be objective no Tua bashing please

Dolphins need to start to focus on getting a solid to dominate the running game and not just Focus on Tua. Why see the list below.

1. It helps your passing game be less predictable
2. It helps with a time of possession which helps your defense
3. It keeps opposing Qbs off the field
4 It allows you to dictate the pace of the game specially on the road as crowd noise becomes less of a factor
5. It establishes physical dominance and can create an identity for the team as a whole.
6. It also fits our coaches philosophy

Now let's not waste years trying to find the next Tom Brady we should roll with Tua and in next years draft do whatever we got to do to get a solid running back and an additional O lineman
Austin Jackson and Liam's strength in college and actually in the NFL is run blocking not pass blocking so play to their strengths. We need to get a mauler left guard as well in next year's draft.
Ryan Tannehill is doing a lot better in Tennessee with a solid running back and run-oriented offensive line. Tua's accuracy and quick release will make him a perfect fit for this run-first system.
Our greatest years were when we had a great running game with Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris and Griese as the complimentary quarterback.
It's time to look to our great past in the early '70s maybe there is our answer.
Sorry don’t agree, we are not sure that Tua is the answer. I like him but I’m not convinced enough yet. That ends your argument for me right there

No, actually the point is we may never find out if Tua is the answer if we do not get a decent running game going. We are trying to do it backward. As great as Marino was did we ever win a Superbowl with him?
The last time we won Superbowl was when we had a complimentary running game. Oh, and by the way, the last time we went to the playoffs is we had a running game with Jay Ajaye. You guys complain about the organization but you are doing the same thing they are doing focusing on finding the next Dan Marino. Get a darn running game going by developing our offensive line to attack for the run.

I’m not inclined to read this whole thread, but are people actually trying to argue that we are good at running back?

That is a new one. 100 years of pro football and our fan base has decided that the rest of the universe has overlooked the fact that you don’t need to run the ball when you have a ball control QB?

The reality is that our QB is not going to light you up throwing the football. But he can beat you and win games with a balanced attack.

We lack a running back who you can hand the ball to and he can go get four yards a pop between the tackles with a decent load.

Myles Gaskin was a great find and kudos to Studesville for developing him (one of the few position coaches we have who excels at player development). But, of course, Gaskin is not going to pound the rock consistently.

We do not have that guy behind center who can throw all day. If we had Daniel Constantine Marino behind center, that would be one thing. But we don’t. Tua isn’t that type of player. He can win big a different way. And he needs a reliable running attack to go with him. You get that back, and now the defense can’t just pin its ears back in pass pro like the Buffalo end did when he killed him. Let him come off the edge and then hand the ball to the back who bursts into the gap he just vacated. Totally different animal.

Not getting a bell cow runner was a bad miscalculation by the current regime. It might get them fired at the end of the year.

What running back could we have had the past 4 games that would have made a difference in a win or a loss? Javonte Williams 246 yards through 5 games at a 4.6 average? Najee Harris 309 yards through 5 games at 3.9 average? It wouldn't have matter if we had Eric Dickerson back there the last 4 games. The results would have been the same.
This isn’t about Williams or Harris changing the outcome of a game singlehandedly. It’s about the blatant lack of drafting game changing talent at the position for YEARS while filling the RB spot with undrafted free agents or 7th rounders or veteran free agents. How about Swift? Taylor? Countless others? You make a point that none of those guys would singlehandedly change the game outcome. But when you STACK these poor draft picks upon themselves you end up where they Fins are now. Lacking game changing talent. Lacking an offensive game plan that makes a difference. Lacking.

No, actually the point is we may never find out if Tua is the answer if we do not get a decent running game going. We are trying to do it backward. As great as Marino was did we ever win a Superbowl with him?
The last time we won Superbowl was when we had a complimentary running game. Oh, and by the way, the last time we went to the playoffs is we had a running game with Jay Ajaye. You guys complain about the organization but you are doing the same thing they are doing focusing on finding the next Dan Marino. Get a darn running game going by developing our offensive line to attack for the run.
No we didn’t win a SB with the GOAT but that was mainly due to the fact that we had an average def at best. You can’t compare Tua to DM in this type of argument. We already know Tua has snd will have those weaknesses that DM never did. You’re playing with fire here I tells ya ;-)

Back
Top Bottom