Tua looking strong & mobile working out with Bowden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua looking strong & mobile working out with Bowden

Looks great, but I didnt see a pass rush in that video.
It's the lingerie of football; looks great in shorts... then the lights come on.

1 game does not make a career. And its all fun and games until the red jersey comes off and the opponent's D is across the LOS.

Like you, I'll wait until the W's and L's speak up.

I still have faith in Tua, but is this video impressive?

Honest question, not being sarcastic, legit don’t know it what I’m watching is something most QBs couldn’t do as well.

Completely agree. He does not get enough credit for his ability to create extra time in the pocket.

And I've heard way too many people call him slow. He's not going to kill teams w his legs. But he's not slow for a QB.

When u combine that with his pocket presence, it allowed him to have a few really impressive plays where the pocket had totally collapsed, yet he managed to squeeze out and make a positive play.

A couple of his plays against the Cards really stood out here.

The release time on that TD pass was perfect. I want Tua to trust his mobility maybe get one or two first downs a game using his legs as a last resort.

I'm super excited to see what Bowden brings this season as well as Tua! I wish he was our #2 QB that is if Flores can polish his passing abilities.

Why set the bar so high?

I just want to see more consistency and improvement. He will get there, just be patient.
The bar was set high when he was the 5th pick in the 2020 draft. I just think too many posters have lowered their own expectations because they place all the blame on the issues with the offense last year on Tua. Instead of the below average OL and a WR Corp the last month of the season that was completely devastated by injuries.

I believe Tua will exceed expectations in 2021 and will be a top 5 QB by the time the 2022 season is over.

The bar was set high when he was the 5th pick in the 2020 draft. I just think too many posters have lowered their own expectations because they place all the blame on the issues with the offense last year on Tua. Instead of the below average OL and a WR Corp the last month of the season that was completely devastated by injuries.

I believe Tua will exceed expectations in 2021 and will be a top 5 QB by the time the 2022 season is over.
Problem is, the pro bowl is a popularity contest. Expecting that is only a set up for disappointment.

Problem is, the pro bowl is a popularity contest. Expecting that is only a set up for disappointment.
It doesn’t matter if he makes the pro bowl or not. I just believe wil play like a pro bowl QB whether or not
he is named as a member of the pro bowl.

The reality is I fully understand that football is nothing but a game. So it has been decades since I have been disappointed in any player. My attitude is every player is either good enough to play in the NFL or their not.

If Tua turns out to be as good as I believe he will be, great. If it turns out that I am wrong and he doesn’t turn out to be the QB I believe he will be, the Dolphins will likely be drafting a new QB in 2023.

I'm sure you do but there are people that want to see him fail so that they can say they were right.
I don't believe there are all that many hoping for failure.

Don't conflate not seeing top end potential with hoping for failure.

Some ppl are "rah rah" "blind a$$ fans" (which is fine), and some ppl are more make a non biased assessment, and call it as they see it types.

Don't lump everyone who may have a critique all together.......

IMO that would work in the bet's favor. Tua is already a well known name. Far more well known than anything he's done in the NFL would warrant. I think that if he has success and the team has success, it would be far more likely for him to make a pro bowl than some unknown guy who came out of nowhere and had individual and team success. There will be haters and critics, but if he plays well and the team wins, I expect he'll shoot up in the far less important popularity category.

Back
Top Bottom