Tua makes his move to South Florida; offseason hip recovery has been ‘miraculous’ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua makes his move to South Florida; offseason hip recovery has been ‘miraculous’

I'm really hoping he does work out and becomes the leader that this franchise needs! I would love to feel as good I do about him next season as I do about Drew Lock heading into year 2.

I think I was the guy who was asking to draft Drew Lock the most last year on this website, but believe you me we ended up getting a guy who is much better in Tua.

All we can do now is wait for his greatness to unfold. We have finally found our guy. Anyone saying to wait until he plays must have never seen him play before. He makes Lamar Jackson look like a bad quarterback.

The only thing that makes up for sucking so much the last few years, along with not drafting Lamar Jackson, and even trading for Josh Rosen is the fact that we got Tua. We are about to see one of the greatest college quarterbacks ever come to Miami to try to bring us championships.

This guy has proven he can do it at the lower level at an ELITE clip. This kid is going to set the league on fire. He has the same thing DeShaun Watson had coming out. He is a clutch gunslinger.

I hate Alabama so I always disliked him, until I started to scout him. The guy is a great role model, great personality, has a great attitude in the face of adversity, he is a great athlete, and an even better football player. Cerebral and precise with his passing.

He will never be the passer Marino was, but he could end up just as effective if not more at winning.

Last edited:
I am happy that his recovery has gone so well up to now. Only time and numerous hits will determine if the hip can will hold up once he puts on pads and the real playing begins.

See to me it isn’t about seeing What Tua has to offer early, it’s really about two things..

1) I’m genuinely interested to see how far Fitz can go with a better team around him..

2)I don’t care if doctors medically cleared him, medically cleared doesn’t mean he can’t improve on his strength in the injured area, Tua had some weight issues in college where he would let himself go, I would make sure he is absolutely at his best, and I mean, lean muscle mass, excellent body fat ratio, strength and conditioning best, That hip and the surrounding areas of that hip, is gonna be stronger than when it was pre injury..He will be a lean mean, super fast grease lighting fast machine before he see the field.

Lots of folks don’t agree with me here, but I think after leading a team that had the worst oline in football, the worst running back unit in football, one of the worst tight end units in football, a coordinator that got fired after his first year, leading the team in rushing, and a winning record in the 2nd half of the season, which included beating the world champs at their house with lots on the line, he actually gets the gig out of respect for high level play under the worst conditions..

I think Flores makeup will feel the same. Jmo..

Also, it won’t matter if he outplays Fitz in practice, I would take the pressure off him immediately and let him know his role to start the year.

Though in my opinion I believe he will not be the starter when the season starts, I feel even more strongly that he will by the time the season ends.

Until I get to see how this offensive line looks, Tua is on my bench. They should factor into when he plays as much as he does. All I'm asking from our OL is to be "not bad."

Back
Top Bottom