Tua Makes ProBowl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Makes ProBowl

I say this all the time to whoever is near me. QBs get sacked like that all the time and nothing, he smacks his head almost every time. He needs that huge ass protective helmet and a bi-weekly judo training on how to fall with your head up.
My theory is maybe he never fully healed from prior concussion- but ya all 3 falls slam back of his head.

Watch the other qbs when they fall like that - they slightly try and raise their head up so it doesn’t slam against the ground.

This flag football thing is wacky...I'd rather see a legends flag game with Dan at qb vs like Montana or something which theyve done before cant remember if it was for the probowl though or charity...no offense to modern players but ...flag football? Why bother with a game at all then....what happened to the days when we'd have skills competitions and all that ...along with a game that was pretty cool to watch even if it was like a preseason or practice game...it wasn't that long ago...it all got weird really fast (starting with the ex players picking their teams thing)

Your posts make me laugh out loud - that should count for something. - LOL

I still don't understand how he got the concussion vs GB. It's like he spun around and just let his back and head bounce off the turf. It's baffling.

People need to remember, Tua is a lefty.

Tua throws the ball, causing his left side of his body to start turning back across his body.

At this time, Tua is running almost horizontal.

Defender dives and tackles Tua.

Tua is horizontal with his body motion going back against his body.

Defender dives, tackles Tua with all his body weight moving forward.

It's simple physics that Tuas body would start turning that way.

If Tua is a righty, he most likely lands on his stomach and chest.

Tua does not need to play in. Insane if he does. Flag or not, protect the franchise haha.

All you "Lemmings" out there, take note:

Tua made the pro-bowl in spite of his missing almost 1/3 of the season i.e., he is a pretty damn good QB!

LOVE IT - LOL

Yeah, he missed 4.5 games.

He was still top 10 in TDS
Just missed top 10 in yards
Only 1 QB averaged more passing YPG
Top 3 in many other stats

But we all know the stats lol.

Clearly Tua is a top QB in this league. You don't move on from that production on his contract because he's had injuries.

Here's hoping he pulls a S. Barkley and sheds that injury bug next year.

It will be interesting watching someone who was in the MVP conversation in week 14, win the comeback player of the year award the following year.

My theory is maybe he never fully healed from prior concussion- but ya all 3 falls slam back of his head.

Watch the other qbs when they fall like that - they slightly try and raise their head up so it doesn’t slam against the ground.
Exactly that, for crying out loud he has to use his neck /shoulder muscles to keep that head up a bit.

Yeah, he missed 4.5 games.

He was still top 10 in TDS
Just missed top 10 in yards
Only 1 QB averaged more passing YPG
Top 3 in many other stats

But we all know the stats lol.

Clearly Tua is a top QB in this league. You don't move on from that production on his contract because he's had injuries.

Here's hoping he pulls a S. Barkley and sheds that injury bug next year.

It will be interesting watching someone who was in the MVP conversation in week 14, win the comeback player of the year award the following year.
You have to consider injuries at the point where he’ll want 40-45 million per year.

You have to consider injuries at the point where he’ll want 40-45 million per year.

Sure In almost 2 years.

Even with injuries, his production is well worth the 26.1 or whatever the 5th year option is.

There's no other available QB that could give us top 10 production for what his price tag will be.

Everything I read says Tua did not make the Pro Bowl Roster and that Huntley is the 4th choice behind Lamar?

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Three Miami Dolphins players have been selected to the reimagined 2023 Pro Bowl, but quarterback Tua Tagovailoa isn't among them. Tagovailoa was snubbed when Wednesday night's Pro Bowl roster was announced, despite leading all players in fan voting.Dec 22, 2022

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Tyler Huntley was voted as the AFC's fourth alternate Pro Bowl quarterback, one slot after third alternate Pro Bowl quarterback Lamar Jackson, the quarterback he is replacing again Saturday, league sources told ESPN.Dec 24, 2022

Unless I am missing something :shrug:

Are Pro Bowl alternates still pro bowlers?

In order to be considered a Pro Bowler for a given year, a player must either have been one of the initial players selected to the team, or a player who accepts an invitation to the Pro Bowl as an alternate; invited alternates who decline to attend are not considered Pro Bowlers.

Are Pro Bowl alternates still pro bowlers?

In order to be considered a Pro Bowler for a given year, a player must either have been one of the initial players selected to the team, or a player who accepts an invitation to the Pro Bowl as an alternate; invited alternates who decline to attend are not considered Pro Bowlers.
Not really. Each alternate should be pissed at themselves for being that close.

Back
Top Bottom