Tua named starter | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua named starter

Tua must be throwing dimes in practice. What else can you do but put him in the game. Watch him throw more dimes and then say ok put him in there after bye week. Not rocket science.

Tua must be throwing dimes in practice. What else can you do but put him in the game. Watch him throw more dimes and then say ok put him in there after bye week. Not rocket science.

I'm not sure about dimes. But i think you have to give Flo/Grier some credit. Flo isn't the type of coach that will put Tua out there considering everything if something wasn't there.

He and co. had to have seen something to feel comfortable enough to bench Fitz in favor of Tua.

Hopefully it translates right away!

I'm like everyone else here excited to see what this kid can do.

The only thing i'm looking for are those types of throws that Fitz can't or rarely makes.

Last edited:
I'm sure that it was planned from the outset that Tau goes in after the bye if he is ok to go. If you spend a high first round pick on a guy he needs to play asap so you can find out what you have. I am more than disappointed in Fitz. He is an old man and a career journeyman. He has had many many many chances in the NFL. Everywhere he has been, he eventually started laying eggs. He knew he was just filling in until Tua was ready. Going public with his claim that he is shocked and upset is not acceptable. If I were in charge I would be very tempted to cut him.

I'm not sure about dimes. But i think you have to give Flo/Grier some credit. Flo isn't the type of coach that will put Tua out there considering everything if something wasn't there.

He and co. had to have seen something to feel comfortable enough to bench Fitz in favor of Tua.

Hopefully it translates right away!

I'm sure likely everyone else where excited to see what this kid can do.

The only thing i'm looking for are those types of throws that Fitz can't or rarely makes.
And his ability to keep plays alive and keep the D honest.

And his ability to keep plays alive and keep the D honest.

The one thing that i'm not sure he has an edge over Fitzpatrick in and seems to be necessary in today NFL is the ability to create plays with his feet.

Sometimes everthing is covered and you have to get out of there and gain needed yards with your feet.

Fitz is pretty good at doing that and you rarely thought about him ever getting hurt.

Can you or I say the same thing honestly about Tua?

Personally, I don't ever want to see him scramble unless it something obvious.

The one thing that i'm not sure he has an edge over Fitzpatrick in and seems to be necessary in today NFL is the ability to create plays with his feet.

Sometimes everthing is covered and you have to get out of there and gain needed yards with your feet.

Fitz is pretty good at doing that and you rarely thought about him ever getting hurt.

Can you or I say the same thing honestly about Tua?

Personally, I don't ever want to see him scramble unless it something obvious.

Yup. I wasn't thinking about running plays as much as fleeing the pocket on 'forced' scrambles. Just roll out enough to get another second or 2. And I wouldn't mind running for yardage if his instructions are 'as soon as a defender gets within 10 yards of you . . . ' And with the D knowing his potential to run, that in itself can help. Given that, I agree, any scrambles should be very limited.

Fitz makes plays with his feet when everything is covered, and by everything, I mean 1st read... This is the polar opposite of Tua's game...

Fitz makes plays with his feet when everything is covered, and by everything, I mean 1st read... This is the polar opposite of Tua's game...

Lol..I hope you’re right. We’ll find out soon enough. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Just saw this weeks Seahawks-Cardinals was flexed to Sunday night. Wonder if there is a chance our game against Rams gets flexed to Sunday night. The Sunday nighter that week is Cowboys-Eagles. I bet there is a chance we get the switch for Tua-Goff.

You're right he seemed pissed. It seemed to be about the way the news broke. He clearly did not want Tua to be announced as the starter like this. None of the players knew this change was going to happen including Tua nor Fitzpatrick.
That is incorrect.

He told Tua and Fitzpatrick Tuesday morning.

Before he could tell the rest of the team, someone leaked the information to Shefter.

I'd be pissed too. What do you do next time? Tell everyone at the same time? Tell the affected player(s) one minute before you tell the rest of the team (and confiscate their ****ing phones)?

That is incorrect.

He told Tua and Fitzpatrick Tuesday morning.

Before he could tell the rest of the team, someone leaked the information to Shefter.

I'd be pissed too. What do you do next time? Tell everyone at the same time? Tell the affected player(s) one minute before you tell the rest of the team (and confiscate their ****ing phones)?
People see what they want to see but there was zero reason for a tight lipped FO to leak anything same for Tua

Just saw this weeks Seahawks-Cardinals was flexed to Sunday night. Wonder if there is a chance our game against Rams gets flexed to Sunday night. The Sunday nighter that week is Cowboys-Eagles. I bet there is a chance we get the switch for Tua-Goff.
The reason that game was moved to SNF was to make sure there was a game on that night in case the Bucs/Raiders game has to be postponed due to all the positive COVID cases on the Raiders. I think if they were going to move the Rams-Dolphins game to SNF they would have had to announce it already.

Back
Top Bottom