Tua or Burrow? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua or Burrow?

Which one

• Burrow

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Tua

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters
Agreed. I love Tua. Normally I would prefer the guy who excelled early. But in this instance I'm convinced Urban Meyer simply screwed up and didn't understand what he had, while believing he had to follow the college trend of a more mobile quarterback in JT Barrett.

I'm a huge believer in major college sleepers as opposed to wasting time looking at small school rosters for some hidden gem. Essentially Joe Burrow became a major college sleeper while still in college.

Right now Burrow's athletic arrogance is so high I'm reminded of John Elway decades ago. He carried the strut and the attitude from his freshman year.

I would be happy with Burrow, Tua or Love. None of them are going to become line drive mindless wingers. That is the type of quarterback I want to avoid. Once success is not coming as easily in the NFL it's quite common for the impatient personalities to resort to nothing but ridiculous fastballs forced into traffic. That fault ruined Cam Newton's career. Carson Wentz is going through it right now and may not emerge on the other end. There are already troubling signs from Baker Mayfield.

If we draft Justin Herbert or Jacob Eason we are essentially volunteering into line drive winger dependence. Maybe Herbert can relax and shake out of it in a more traditional offense. Not impossible. I don't want to pay high to find out.

With Tua it's strictly a matter of health. Everything else will take care of itself. Love has the elongated delivery and kind of an Andrew Luck tendency to underrate the adjacent defender's opportunity to diagnose and make a play on the ball.

I think Senior Bowl week alleviated concerns I had about Herbert...and proved he was in a bad overly conservative offense that didn’t allow him to show well.

I realize it’s a limited sample...but in evaluating a QB’s skill set and potential I don’t believe you can ignore the situation he was in and how that affected his play.

Burrow or Lawrence next year. I like Tua as well but the injuries. I will say if we draft Tua than flo and co need to do whatever it takes to increase Tua's durability by any means necessary.

Tua's Injury History

March 2018 broken finger (surgery)
October 2018 sprained knee
November 2018 injures left quad
December 2018 injures left ankle (surgery)
October 2019 injures right ankle (surgery)
November 2019 dislocated right hip (surgery)

Tua's hip injury

It should be acknowledged that a flaw in Tua’s game is part of his injury history as well.

Tua, despite having a loaded Alabama line...and a Corp of 1st round pick receivers holds the ball to long and often does not know when to throw it away and live to fight another day.

This is part of the whole debate regarding QB’ing...and just how much running around you want your QB to do?

The running QB’s tend to get banged up and hurt at a higher rate...Cam Newton, RG3 are just a couple examples.

Mobility is great...but it has to exercised with intelligence and having your QB run the ball should be limited in my estimation....avoiding having a franchise QB taking hits is vital.

There's a lot of talk about Steven Ross loving Joe Burrow as the future face of the Miami Dolphins. Burrow is projected to go #1 so it will be expensive to go get him, very expensive. Tua, may be there at 5 if we wanted to take a risk of missing out on him. Otherwise, we need to move up to 2 or 3 to snag him for sure. Option 1, go get Burrow, trade 3 #1s if needed. Option 2, go get Tua, trade less but still quite a lot. Option 3-Play strong poker and stay put at 5 and maybe have to settle for Herbert or Love. Option 4, forget QB, keep all picks and go BPA. So, which choice to you guys prefer and please say why. I like moving up to get Tua. I think he's going to be a great one God willing on his health.

From everything that I've heard, the Bengals don't trade down for picks, especially from the #1 slot. Just what I'm hearing.....

This is the second post of the same thing, but the other one had a vote attached with it.
Here's the other one:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the pulled the ol' switcharoo and drafted Isiah Simmons and went QB next year. I can't remember the last time we drafted an elite defensive player.
I really want a QB this year but man... the defense would be awfully fun the watch with him and all of the FA additions.

I think with the moves they made in FA, they won't be picking defense until prob the 3rd round. Thats just my opinion.

One poll is Tua or Burrow all things being equal. Reality is that it's not equal by a long shot. So it's a question of giving up draft capital, how much, which guy your higher on for the price. Or not, we could skip QB and go BPA. I think our first pick has to be a QB. Also, there are health factors working against Tua but I still love his game.

Mr B, it's off season and we're in a lock down. If you have a bunch of better things to do than you're luckier than I am. I'm bored stiff and I have a recording studio and a pool table in my house. The bottom line is that we better land either Burrow or Tua. I don't think Herbert would do it for this fan base.

Trade up and get a franchise QB after waiting 20 years for one vs staying put and drafting a QB that will average 8 games per season because hes the most often injured QB prospect ever drafted in round 1......... hmmmmmmmmmm

Such a hard choice!

Trade up and get a franchise QB after waiting 20 years for one vs staying put and drafting a QB that will average 8 games per season because hes the most often injured QB prospect ever drafted in round 1......... hmmmmmmmmmm

Such a hard choice!
So five years from now, you don't want to be saying, "The only reason the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl is because our QB has been playing hurt?"

There's a lot of talk about Steven Ross loving Joe Burrow as the future face of the Miami Dolphins....

Where is this coming from??? All I ever see is people saying this to back up their opinion of a player and wanting Miami's draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom