Tua played at 60% last year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua played at 60% last year

How he rank in ppf qb power ranking among 32 teams?
You want prove, its bottom five.
So? I was talking about proof that his rookie season was sub par compared to other good players rookie seasons. To see how his numbers stack up to the Josh Allen’s in the league. I would argue that his rookie numbers, along with the fact that he won 2/3 of his starts his rookie season translates into an above average, successful rookie season.

I’m pretty sure that he was the only rookie QB in 2020 to post a winning record.

They really should word this differently. It should be worded he is back as close as medically possible to full heath. But he was 60% back to full functionality. There’s a big difference between being medically cleared and fully functional.

So we should automatically expect a 40 percent improvement from a healthy Tua this year without any 2nd year improvement. Dangerous thread for Tua expectations.

You could tell last year at times he was far from tip top. I know he's not crazy athletic normally but he looked like 1999 Marino could have outrun him on a few plays, just didn't look like a young athlete sometimes.

Truly looking forward to seeing him out there this year running the offense.

So? I was talking about proof that his rookie season was sub par compared to other good players rookie seasons. To see how his numbers stack up to the Josh Allen’s in the league. I would argue that his rookie numbers, along with the fact that he won 2/3 of his starts his rookie season translates into an above average, successful rookie season.

I’m pretty sure that he was the only rookie QB in 2020 to post a winning record.
Ppf is one of the most comprehensive QB evaluation summary. It takes into account of td, yardages per attempt, td int radio, pass under pressure, win lose record, scrambling, accuracy, etc. Tua ranks bottom three out of 32.

You wanted prove, i gave you prove. Then you said 'so '....you are a typical heads i win tails you lose. I don't care what is your comparison metric, when you are 29 among 32, sub par is a kind word.

BTW, 2/3 winning you said, I take away the LV game. Detial is a bitch , right?

Last edited:
I don't care what a guy on payroll says about his client.

Don King was good at promoting too. It may be true it may not be.

I highly highly highly doubt the team put him out there at 60%
This is the thing, he was as close to 100% as far as heath goes. As of function of the hip and all the muscles around the hip he was probably around 60%.

Can we just have a thread with all the reasons why Tua had a sub par rookie season and be done with.
A 9-3 record is sub par for a rookie QB, I bet Justin Herbert and Joe Burrows are probably shaking their heads.

According to his trainer. Expect a big leap!

If he was only really 60%..? He shouldn’t have been playing! That was one of the arguments against drafting him over Herbert in the first place....the injuries.

I don’t doubt he was not fully rehabbed yet...but 40% degraded sounds like a stretch to me.

I apologize for rehashing but man does it bother me that he was out in the lineup last year, just completely uneccessary on so many levels, jmo.

Ppf is one of the most comprehensive QB evaluation summary. It takes into account of td, yardages per attempt, td int radio, pass under pressure, win lose record, scrambling, accuracy, etc. Tua ranks bottom three out of 32.

You wanted prove, i gave you prove. Then you said 'so '....you are a typical heads i win tails you lose. I don't care what is your comparison metric, when you are 29 among 32, sub par is a kind word.

BTW, 2/3 winning you said, I take away the LV game. Detial is a bitch , right?
PFF is absolute garbage. Keep hanging onto them though.

Here's a prime example as there is a click on here that hold PFF tighter than thier little dinky, especially with Oline rankings.

Are we sure about the 60%? Did they factor in the double-weighted percentage analysis?

Back
Top Bottom