Tua played at 60% last year | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua played at 60% last year

Just for grins... I went back about 70 pages and read one of those pre-drafting of Tua threads... and read all of the responses from posters who were chomping at the bit to trade up for Tua.

Many of them from generally rational posters who still post here... posts that touted the benefit of trading three or four picks to move up two spots to MAKE SURE WE GET HIM.

One guy saying that Grier would get fired if he didn't get Tua. Another guy willing to trade all three number ones because Tua is sooo much better than Herbert.

Of course, there were sensible people as well, but the insanity level was a LOT higher than some here would like to admit.
Congratulations

No need to congratulate me... it was freaking hysterical.

Shall I pull up some quotes?
Just like everything else not everyone agreed with moving up

The target however was obvious - obvious for over a year - if you and others are suggesting the FO would like a do over I think you are in for a surprise

And applauding stats in losses over stats in wins is equally laughable

The target however was obvious - obvious for over a year - if you and others are suggesting the FO would like a do over I think you are in for a surprise

The only thing that is TRULY laughable in this... is those panty wetting schoolgirls who wanted to trade up.

Those girls embarrassed themselves... and Dolphins fans everywhere.

I think the point here is that giving up the proposed assets to move up was irrational at the time, as has been born out by subsequent reality. It was a bad idea, fueled by hype and desperation.

Given your "do over" scenario, the real question is, would those ppl still choose to trade a couple future rd1 picks to move up?

There are, seemingly, some who would, and use all kinds of more irrationality to defend that position.

The only thing that is TRULY laughable in this... is those panty wetting schoolgirls who wanted to trade up.

Those girls embarrassed themselves... and Dolphins fans everywhere.
They still are. The Aaron Rogers thread is hilarious. There are actual fans here that would pass on Aaron Rogers to keep Tua because they believe Tua is better and will lead the Phins to a dynasty. What's even funnier about this, is that they discount Rogers super bowl win and MVP to justify Tua, because Rogers "chokes".

I know the possibility of getting Rogers is non-existent, but as a thought experiment, the notion that Tua is the better QB based on what has been seen so far is just laughable. His following from the fans on this site truly is a religious cult like phenomena. We are all desperately hoping he can at least play better than Ryan Fitzpatrick this year, because that would be an improvement on what we have seen, but please, keep your Super Bowl winning MVP, GB, we have the mighty Tua!

I think the point here is that giving up the proposed assets to move up was irrational at the time, as has been born out by subsequent reality. It was a bad idea, fueled by hype and desperation.

Given your "do over" scenario, the real question is, would those ppl still choose to trade a couple future rd1 picks to move up?

There are, seemingly, some who would, and use all kinds of more irrationality to defend that position.
They would. The unmerited devotion is staggering. They would prefer Tua to any QB in the league.

They still are. The Aaron Rogers thread is hilarious. There are actual fans here that would pass on Aaron Rogers to keep Tua because they believe Tua is better and will lead the Phins to a dynasty. What's even funnier about this, is that they discount Rogers super bowl win and MVP to justify Tua, because Rogers "chokes".

I know the possibility of getting Rogers is non-existent, but as a thought experiment, the notion that Tua is the better QB based on what has been seen so far is just laughable. His following from the fans on this site truly is a religious cult like phenomena. We are all desperately hoping he can at least play better than Ryan Fitzpatrick this year, because that would be an improvement on what we have seen, but please, keep your Super Bowl winning MVP, GB, we have the mighty Tua!
I hope Tua becomes the next Drew Brees... I really really do. It's been so long since my team has been good, but the downside is that a certain subset of fans will become even more insufferable than ever.

See! We told you he wuz guud.

I hope Tua becomes the next Drew Brees... I really really do. It's been so long since my team has been good, but the downside is that a certain subset of fans will become even more insufferable than ever.

See! We told you he wuz guud.
Iā€™d rather be around the fans who say ā€See! We told you he was goodā€ instead of the ones who want to see him fail. Anyone who wants to see a player fail on a team they supposedly root for isnā€™t a real fan.

Iā€™d rather be around the fans who say ā€See! We told you he was goodā€ instead of the ones who want to see him fail. Anyone who wants to see a player fail on a team they supposedly root for isnā€™t a real fan.
Faced with ONLY those two choices... yes.

Fortunately... most fans are in the middle and can see nuance.

Football Outsiders did a study on passes that should have been intercepted in 2020 and werenā€™t. That analysis determined that Tua Tagovailoa ā€” who threw five interceptions ā€” also threw eight other potential interceptions that were dropped. Those who threw more dropped potential interceptions: Ben Roethlisberger; Kyler Murray, Nick Foles and Sam Darnold (9 apiece).

Besides Tagovailoa, a few other quarterback also had eight potential interceptions dropped: Matt Ryan, Lamar Jackson and Drew Brees. All of those quarterbacks threw more passes than Tagovailoa.

Factoring in the number of passes thrown, Football Outsiders portrayed Tagovailoa as one of the luckiest quarterbacks in the league last season.

Back
Top Bottom