Tua projections at QB 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua projections at QB 2020

My prediction for Tua his first year...He gets off to such a hot start @ week 6 taking over for Fitz, that he spontaneously combusts ending his season around week 13. Dr. Fauci shows up and inexplicably locks Tua down for four weeks.

6 games

200 attempts 140 completions 2,400 yds 30 TDs 2 ints

I'd take those for a rookie season qb

Fitzpatrick has to be the hardest guy to project stats for, so up and down

I don’t expect Tua to play much this year because I think they want to give him the extra time to heal fully and also because they want to see how the young offensive line develops.
The stats for Fitzpatrick should be close but I expect the Dolphins to try and run more this season than last year. So I think the number of passes will be lower unless the Dolphins are constantly having to pass because they are losing and trying to catch up in a lot of their games.

I think we’ll see Fitzpatrick start most of the season. Stats wise I’d say similar to last season, though perhaps less pass attempts because hopefully we’ll have a better running game. But his last year in Buffalo with Gailey he passed for similar numbers to last year. So I’d expect similar this season.

Could Tua start? Sure. Fitzpatrick is famous for going through hot and cold patches, so he of struggles sufficiently he could end up being benched for Tua.

Should Tua start? I’m not sure. A year to sit and learn while getting more healthy could be a good thing, then let him takeover year two. However, we’ve seen rookie quarterbacks make a big impact and if Tua is healthy and ready to play, then maybe he should play and let Fitzpatrick back him up.

It’s a tough decision to make. Mahomes sat all but the last game of his first season. Rodgers sat for a while behind Favre. So there’s precedent for sitting, but there’s more examples of quarterbacks starting or taking over during their first season. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tua is more likely to be the latter than the former unless Fitzpatrick can play to a good enough level for 16 games like he did with the Jets when they just missed out on a play off berth.

Considering Bleacher Report said that there was no way we’d pick Tua, I have a hard time caring about any other “projections” they spew.

Whatever the numbers are I’d bet the completion percentage is gonna be sick high considering that consistency of ball placement with tua.

I couldn’t give a rip about fitzpatrick numbers. hopefully 0 for 0 and 0 games played

I think we’ll see Fitzpatrick start most of the season. Stats wise I’d say similar to last season, though perhaps less pass attempts because hopefully we’ll have a better running game. But his last year in Buffalo with Gailey he passed for similar numbers to last year. So I’d expect similar this season.

Could Tua start? Sure. Fitzpatrick is famous for going through hot and cold patches, so he of struggles sufficiently he could end up being benched for Tua.

Should Tua start? I’m not sure. A year to sit and learn while getting more healthy could be a good thing, then let him takeover year two. However, we’ve seen rookie quarterbacks make a big impact and if Tua is healthy and ready to play, then maybe he should play and let Fitzpatrick back him up.

It’s a tough decision to make. Mahomes sat all but the last game of his first season. Rodgers sat for a while behind Favre. So there’s precedent for sitting, but there’s more examples of quarterbacks starting or taking over during their first season. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tua is more likely to be the latter than the former unless Fitzpatrick can play to a good enough level for 16 games like he did with the Jets when they just missed out on a play off berth.

I believe if Tua is healthy enough to play he starts the season and the team never looks back.

The examples you gave for sitting the QB are of 2 teams with proven starters at the helm ... think on that

If he health start him..all rest of first rd qb are playing. I would wait until mid season

is this a joke? ZEROS ACROSS THE BOARD!!! this guy is a guarantee to be a bust...hes always hurt and hes 22? yeak ok...bust!!!!!!
Where's the downvote button FH?
Yeah, I remember my first beer.
Are you guys bad at sarcasm, or am I bad at detecting trolls? Genuine question.

(It's ok. I'm gonna blame loss of sanity from months of quarenteen regardless of the answer)

Health of Tua the wide receivers will be key of course but a legit RB who can move the chains would seal the deal and imo we do not have any yet.

Are you guys bad at sarcasm, or am I bad at detecting trolls? Genuine question.

(It's ok. I'm gonna blame loss of sanity from months of quarenteen regardless of the answer)

I’m a bottle of wine down, hell if I can remember. I’m far more impressed with your ability to use the multiquote function.

Back
Top Bottom