Tua Ranked 8th For ROTY chances | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Ranked 8th For ROTY chances

I think that depends a lot on Flo's mindset.

To actually beat Fitz out, he would have to demonstrate his ability to quickly make the proper pre/post snap reads better than a 15 yr vet. That's a lot to ask of any rookie.

A lot of variables here, such as OL play, is Fitz moving the ball and scoring, etc.

I know many fans hava a "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" attitude, but I'm not sure that's Flo's mentality.

Personally I think a late season (depending on record) coming out is more likely.
Agreed. I also think the situation with Fitz is different this year. Fitz got benched because the team played putrid and changes were needed. When Rosen fizzled out, Fitz came back in and did incredibly well. I don't think anyone expects us to be outscored 102-10 the first two weeks of the season, so Fitz will have a longer leash as this team clearly wants to win games.

I understand your point about a coaches’ view changes when his job is on the line. Especially a prominent issue during the draft and free agent periods.
I do not think Flo is on the hot seat in 2020. Not even 2021. I would love a competitive team ASAP, but as far as firing the coach, I think no hot seat until 2022.
From the feedback I'm receiving ... NOBODY believes Coach Flo may be on the hotseat with a bad season ... but me.

My experience is that everyone is hopeful in the offseason. I'm guilty of that as well. But if the losses start racking up and we win less than last year ... all bets are off. We will STILL have a huge warchest of draft picks, and a good draft to use them. That is the type of carrot to attract a top GM and his coach, and I'm confident that the NFL old timers whispering in Ross' ear will let him know that.

Shula was sacked for several 9 and 10 win seasons without progress in the playoffs after 33 years of only one or two losing seasons. The media is hyping Tua up to be a great QB ... but the fact remains we have a bad OL and he is still recovering from injury and both will suffer through an abbreviated pre-season. I expect us to win more ... but if win less games ... all bets are off. Coaches who go 7-9 are bums, and coaches that go 9-7 are touted as great. I don't think Flo has a free pass entirely ... I think he needs to win a certain number of games and be trending upwards to avoid the hot seat. For instance if we started off 0-6, I would fully expect panic-mode to set in and massive changes to take place, probably pushing Tua out regardless of the OL and his health. And if the defense is as atrocious as it was last year ... the situation becomes even more dire.

Not saying it WILL happen, just saying that if we don't win enough games, it is very possible.

From what I read other day Tua is health. Flores said he want see how health Tua is after couple of practice.. they will go from there...

Back
Top Bottom