Tua ready to go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua ready to go

Why can't we hear about it? They are doing Covid testing yesterday and today. Reporters can tell us everything except what packages they are in. The only thing we'll miss are live tweets and instead wait for post practice reports later the same day.

My bad I was under the impression there would be no media at practice.

Why wait until Thursday to start testing the players? They could have done the testing earlier this week and had the players actually practice on Thursday.

Who am I kidding? Why start using logic now?

Why wait until Thursday to start testing the players? They could have done the testing earlier this week and had the players actually practice on Thursday.

Who am I kidding? Why start using logic now?
They don't have the full deal done. Just finished watching Good Morning Football and straight up if they don't reconcile the three remaining issues, Owners won't let players report. First players for KC and HOU are supposed to report on Sunday (they have the kickoff game on Thurs of week one). Key issue is really what they do about the cap knowing that this year they could see a 20-25 % drop due to no fans in stands. They need to agree on what to do about the cap hit. Do they leave the cap alone for this and next year and then spread the hit amongst 5 or 7 or 10 years meaning every team has to accommodate for having 10-20 $mm less to work with?

Read this to learn more.

Where did you post that?
Post #9. It's in ink. The only thing per the 2020 reporter's policy is that they can't live tweet, in person interview players or reference what package they are playing in. So, we can still get posts about the fact that Shaq Lawson was closing in on Tua who hit Parker in stride with Byron Jones covering him, Parker stiff armed Jones and took it to the house for 6.

Why Ghost? I don't get it. Sure I can understand some saying that he should sit until mid year even though I don't agree with that. Why would we want to get him zero experience during his first year? Wouldn't you at the very least want him to gain experience this year so he can be full go next year?
I agree. I think our coaching is savvy enough to evaluate our QB's readiness relative to each other by Game 1. Which, is 7 weeks away. If they aren't, we need new coaches. I'll trust whatever they decide... until they give me reason not to. If he's ready and the line seems improved enough, play him!

I think preseason is overrated in terms of its value for veterans and top rookies. The key is time and reps. I think they will get plenty by September 13th.

I agree. I think our coaching is savvy enough to evaluate our QB's readiness relative to each other by Game 1. Which, is 7 weeks away. If they aren't, we need new coaches. I'll trust whatever they decide... until they give me reason not to. If he's ready and the line seems improved enough, play him!

I think preseason is overrated in terms of its value for veterans and top rookies. The key is time and reps. I think they will get plenty by September 13th.
Yep. I'm just not a big fan of blanket statements like Tua needs to not see the field all year. I also don't think he needs to no matter what start game one. Flores knows what he's doing. When he thinks the dolphins are in a better place with Tua starting, he'll start. Might be because he's more likely to win, might be because RF blew some games or might just be because it sets up for him to be a smoke show in '21. Lots of variables and more unknowns than a hurricane has thunder claps.

2019 is in book. I am try get back to SB..1984 is long time..I dont want hear excuse...

Your reply has nothing to do with "not tanking" last year.

I remember coach Flores say at the start of the year that "tanking" was disrespectful to the game and I agree with him!

I agree to a limited extent with being tired of a stream of excuses, but I do feel the need to apply reason when evaluating the results of the teams performance.

When almost 1/2 the team goes off the field with injuries there is a problem, but I see a reason (not an excuse) for this problem.

We had lost many key players and were working with 2nd and 3rd string players who did not get nearly the same number of "snaps" in training and then suddenly found themselves on the field for prolonged periods of play.

We were using a totally new set of systems (offense and defense) that took time to learn and get coordinated. When we were able to perform as a winning team by the last 1/4 of the season, watching the team play was fun.
Please note that these are not excuses; just a recognition of the reality the team was going through.

The fact that many of the players on the field at the end of the year were average at best, getting a belated winning performance out of that team is a credit to the coaches.

This is the NFL where each year teams change by the loss and addition of players. Some teams get better, some teams get worse and some teams don't change that much. It takes a sense of reason to evaluate if a team has really improved or if changes in performance were just flukes, and there are always a lot of flukes.

Consistency of good play is the essence of a successful team. This is not based on "no excuses", but on players consistently "doing their job" and doing it as well or better then their opponent and the reasons they play like that.

I hope I've made my point that "reason" trumps "no excuses".

Reason is an adult response to adverse situations while "no excuses" is the cry of a child without the wisdom of experience!

He does not play until the OL looks to be solid enough to keep him safe.

That will take longer than it could have due to the lack of a proper training camp and pre season.

I am not putting him behind an OL who does not know each others names yet.

Back
Top Bottom