Tua still in Concussion protocol will not attend pro bowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua still in Concussion protocol will not attend pro bowl

If he's still in concussion protocol then he's not advancing through the 5 steps, it's been a month so that to me is concerning.

Return to Participation
The final step would be to have a practice and be symptom free, not sure why it would be concerning seeing that they haven't practiced since the playoff game vs the Bills. And since there's not games or practices remaining this season there's really no reason to take him out of the protocol now.

Much to do about nothing. The doctors just want to give him the maximum amount of time to heal. There is no urgency to clear him. Rest is the best path to avoiding a reoccurrence of concussions.

Last edited:
Put him in a sensory deprivation chamber until August.
200.gif
I'll go in there with him as long as she is there!! Plus, that clip reminds me of Altered States!! Great movie.

Seems like step 5 needs to be completed before he can start practicing. They are saying he is still in concussion protocol meaning he hasn't finished the 5 steps successfully yet.
Right, but step four is non contact football activity and step five is full contact football activity. The dolphins are no longer practicing, so how can he complete steps four and five?

It is a shame that by not playing in the Pro Bowl games he doesn't get the title of being a Pro Bowl QB this season. Even though he isn't participating, the league should still consider him a Pro Bowler, he deserves it.

Hopefully they are just taking things really slow. I guess we get concerned if he is still in the protocol come Summer mini camps, but he has to clear way before then, right?
He still gets the designation as a Pro Bowl QB. He was selected but was injured and could not play.

Most players that are selected and chose not to play have to manufacture an excuse. Most players also like being selected to play but have little to no interest in the game or surrounding festivities. Tua gets credit, and has a plausible excuse. Win, win. There was plenty of talk here about "If we beat Barfalo in the WC, Tua might/will play the next game.

The official statement needs quotation marks. He's in "protocol". If it was regular season and mattered, he's playing. Pro bowl where it means nothing and just puts undo risk? .....nah he's not good yet.
Anyone who doesn't think he's our future plans should get the message. They're bubble wrapping him.

Back
Top Bottom