Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away?

Just play like it is the last football season in the history of the NFL, every game counts, you are in it to win the Super Bowl right now this season. There is no next year.

IMO the Dolphins need him to start asap because our starting QB is on his way out and we drafted his replacement ...

The longer you wait the harder it will be to know if he is the future .... if he isn't then you won't really find out until next season... after you have drafted around him only to start over again the following draft ...

If he is healthy with a command of the play book he needs to start ... it is nonsense to me waiting for a line to gel ... nobody gets that luxury unless (like Love) they are drafted behind a solid starter
Yeah I get that he should start when he’s ready, but why does ‘when he’s ready’ need to be week 1? Is week 4, or week 7, or week 10 too late? If he isn’t ready until week 6 does that leave us too little time to assess him?

nope ... week whatever is fine IMO ... my guess is after the bye week ... my hope is day 1 ....

I believe Flo will play him when the time is right ... regardless I think 4-5 week eval should be telling enough if waiting for whatever reason .... I guess it's possible to project him a starter next season without game play but if you get it wrong you're done next season too

Waiting till the OL looks good looks nice and all.... But if history is any indication, it could take a good 15 years before Tua takes an NFL snap if this is their barometer...

I have no problem with starting TT game 1 as far as injury concerns go. But I'm not a 'what I want' guy' - I'm a what I EXPECT guy.' I expect RF to start based on last year's performance and the respect he gained with the players. I've said elsewhere that could change if TT comes out in camp and shows he's obviously a superior QB, but he won't 'decision' the default starter. As far as the OL goes, I don't think Flo will wait til the OL is good. More likely, if he waits, it will be till the OL shows cohesiveness and some level of competence. I doubt Flo will wait for "good."

IMO the Dolphins need him to start asap because our starting QB is on his way out and we drafted his replacement ...

The longer you wait the harder it will be to know if he is the future .... if he isn't then you won't really find out until next season... after you have drafted around him only to start over again the following draft ...
Not necessarily... throwing someone to the wolves isnt always the best strategy either

Weather he goes to wo
Not necessarily... throwing someone to the wolves isnt always the best strategy either
Tua is key to Flores success...flores main goal should be to get Tua physical ready to take over Day one..
Weather he get thrown in this yr or next he going face wolf's soon.. every good young qb in nfl is playing now. Who got draft high for there team..Tua was best qb in college football last 2 yr. Basic of talent and knowledge.it shouldn't take Tua long to start in nfl.

I for one would be disappointed if at no point during the 2020 season did Tua clearly pass Fitzpatrick in the coaches eyes. Yes I know Fitzpatrick has a decade and half of experience on his side, but at some point Tua's raw talent should be too obvious to keep him off the field.

I'm NEVER in favor of seeing a rookie QB on the field in any other cases save for disaster or desperation.

Behind a mostly rookie line and during a season with a greatly abbreviated training camp schedule???

You must be kidding.

Something in the back of my mind is if Gailey's offense in actuality is less complicated than O'Shea's, what if Rosen starts to click because he has to process less and beats Fitzpatrick out for the starting job? The emergence of Rosen would be a great issue to have this year.

With regards to physical capabilities, i don't think it's even close between those two.

That would be so ideal for the fins there's no way it's going to happen :lol:

Rosen looking good enough to entice other needy teams into offering
a pick or 2 around the trade deadline ... just in time for either Tua to dip his toes or Fitzpatrick to do whatever the hell it is he's gonna do would be magnifique.

That would be so ideal for the fins there's no way it's going to happen :lol:

Rosen looking good enough to entice other needy teams into offering
a pick or 2 around the trade deadline ... just in time for either Tua to dip his toes or Fitzpatrick to do whatever the hell it is he's gonna do would be magnifique.

I think the key is running the ball. If this newer, beefier Oline can support the run game, Fitz should feel a lot less pressure.

I think our backs are more than capable, and all we need is good push from the line.

Well after learning new rules. For this season.. idk if Tua will be ready week one because.. only 14 practice, no pre season.. expecting lot from rookie. In short time.. we will see what happened during year.

Back
Top Bottom