Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away?

I've been on board with not putting Tua on the field all year. I don't think the need is there and count me in the group who would like to see Rosen first if things aren't going well with RF.

Overall though, I don't think there needs to be a concrete plan in place. Play it by ear is the right approach here. There is no need to set anything in stone.

Last edited:
The thing is, I don't recall the Dolphins organization ever saying they were going to redshirt Tua for the year. That was perpetuated by the media and fans. So, it won't be at all surprising if he starts at some point this year.

Look, no one has a crystal ball to be able to predict how everything is going to play out. But if all the scenarios work out properly, I have no problem Tua taking over at some point during the season or even opening day.

In Flores we trust

I doubt Tua will be the starter in New England opening day but who knows
He will play when he is ready and is playing better than Fitz in practise and the OL is able to protect our new investment

Tua will not start the season. It is too much pressure on a young quarterback. Have Fitz start the season. If we do good, Tua can sit and become eager to play to show his capabilities instead of throwing him in right away and having him nervous to prove his capabilities right away.

If we do bad with Fitz starting it is even better for Tua because the season is lost and all of the games have the pressure of a meaningless game which will allow him to play without a ton of pressure as well, helping him to develop by being comfortable enough to play whichever way is best for him without forcing things.

I hope he sits for at least 4 games.

If Fitzpatrick looks like a human piñata due to bad o-line play and either gets hurt or is rendered ineffective, then I think Rosen needs to be next QB up to take a beating. It’s all on how the o-line looks. If Fitzpatrick is simply regressing with otherwise average o-line play then put in Tua for a spark.

Pls stop saying when our oline can protect tua.all qb get hit and sack alot in nfl. If health and playing good during summer.. why not start him.. all other young qb are playing for futures. All them have oline issue as well. I hope dolphins don't f..k this up..this should nt be debated.. if u best college football qb.. u should be on field soon as possible and it shouldn't take u that long before u start in Nfl...

Last edited:
I've been on board with no putting Tua on the field all year. I don't think the need is there and count me in the group who would like to see Rosen first if things aren't going well with RF.

Overall though, I don't think there needs to be a concrete plan in place. Play it by ear is the right approach here. There is no need to set anything in stone.

Something in the back of my mind is if Gailey's offense in actuality is less complicated than O'Shea's, what if Rosen starts to click because he has to process less and beats Fitzpatrick out for the starting job? The emergence of Rosen would be a great issue to have this year.

With regards to physical capabilities, i don't think it's even close between those two.

Back
Top Bottom