Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away?

I for one would be disappointed if at no point during the 2020 season did Tua clearly pass Fitzpatrick in the coaches eyes. Yes I know Fitzpatrick has a decade and half of experience on his side, but at some point Tua's raw talent should be too obvious to keep him off the field.

Reduced practices and no PS likely increases RF's odds of starting. It will be interesting

I think the key is running the ball. If this newer, beefier Oline can support the run game, Fitz should feel a lot less pressure.

I think our backs are more than capable, and all we need is good push from the line.

Jordan Howard just doesn't do anything for me. I wish they would of gotten a back with more of a propensity to inflect punishment on defenders at the point of contact.

I know they wanted Dobbins but Baltimore sniped him.

Jordan Howard just doesn't do anything for me. I wish they would of gotten a back with more of a propensity to inflect punishment on defenders at the point of contact.

Most ppl feel that's what Howard is.

Sure you aren't thinking of Brieda?

On July 8th ESPN+ posted a ranking for the top 10 QB rankings based on 50 league executives composed of coaches, scouts and players.

First, I have no idea how players are considered executives, but whatever. Second, don't bash me for having ESPN+, I got it in the Disney package so I could watch the classics like Cinderella, Snow White and Bambi.

In all 19 QBs received votes listed below in order of # votes. I looked up how many years they were in college which includes red-shirt and juco. The gap between when they graduated HS and entered the NFL. I also looked up what year they started in the NFL. By start I'm not counting when a QB gets 1 or 2 starts in a year because the team's starter went down...e.g. Cousins filling in a couple of games for RG3, Garoppolo for Brady during suspension.

1. Patrick Mahomes = 3 (years college); 2 (started 2nd year in NFL)
2. Russel Wilson = 5;1
3. Aaron Rodgers = 3;4
4. Deshaun Watson = 3;1 (started first 7 games before ACL)
5. Drew Brees = 4;2
6. Lamar Jackson = 3;1 (started last 7 games)
7. Tom Brady = 5;2 (started 3rd game in year 2)
8. Carson Wentz = 5;1
9. Dak Prescott = 5; 1
10. Matthew Stafford = 3;1 (started 10 games as rookie, injured in 6 others)
11. Matt Ryan = 5;1
12. Ben Roethlesberger = 4;1
13. Kyler Murray = 4;1
14 (tie - 2 votes). Kirk Cousins = 5;3
14 (tie). Jimmy Garoppolo = 4;4
16 (tie - 1 vote). Derek Carr = 4;1
16 (tie). Ryan Tannehill = 5;1
16 (tie). Jared Goff = 3;1
16 (tie). Sam Darnold = 3;1

Watson, Jackson, Stafford, Goff and Darnold are the QBs with a 3 year gap between HS and NFL and started in year 1 making the list.

Watson and Stafford missed 9 and 6 games respectively due to injury their rookie years.

The two standouts to me are Watson and Jackson and their ability to escape the pocket and run with the ball gave them an advantage imo. I'd prefer Tua is not doing that a whole lot this year.

The other two projected starting QBs in 2020 with 3;1 are Dwayne Haskins and Teddy Bridgewater.

When I consider Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers sitting their first year (Rodgers his first 3 years) I don't see the rush for Tua to be thrown in there given the circumstances around preparing for the season and the shuffling taking place on Miami's OL.

Did playing Goff and Darnold their rookie year make them better QBs?

Make of it what you will.

I'm happy with improvement and I think that's what Jordan Howard is...I'm also fine with Iggy over Edwards-Helaire. The focus on defense is more important at this stage, IMO. Heck, I'm still eyeing Surtain Jr. in next year's draft.

On July 8th ESPN+ posted a ranking for the top 10 QB rankings based on 50 league executives composed of coaches, scouts and players.

First, I have no idea how players are considered executives, but whatever. Second, don't bash me for having ESPN+, I got it in the Disney package so I could watch the classics like Cinderella, Snow White and Bambi.

In all 19 QBs received votes listed below in order of # votes. I looked up how many years they were in college which includes red-shirt and juco. The gap between when they graduated HS and entered the NFL. I also looked up what year they started in the NFL. By start I'm not counting when a QB gets 1 or 2 starts in a year because the team's starter went down...e.g. Cousins filling in a couple of games for RG3, Garoppolo for Brady during suspension.

1. Patrick Mahomes = 3 (years college); 2 (started 2nd year in NFL)
2. Russel Wilson = 5;1
3. Aaron Rodgers = 3;4
4. Deshaun Watson = 3;1 (started first 7 games before ACL)
5. Drew Brees = 4;2
6. Lamar Jackson = 3;1 (started last 7 games)
7. Tom Brady = 5;2 (started 3rd game in year 2)
8. Carson Wentz = 5;1
9. Dak Prescott = 5; 1
10. Matthew Stafford = 3;1 (started 10 games as rookie, injured in 6 others)
11. Matt Ryan = 5;1
12. Ben Roethlesberger = 4;1
13. Kyler Murray = 4;1
14 (tie - 2 votes). Kirk Cousins = 5;3
14 (tie). Jimmy Garoppolo = 4;4
16 (tie - 1 vote). Derek Carr = 4;1
16 (tie). Ryan Tannehill = 5;1
16 (tie). Jared Goff = 3;1
16 (tie). Sam Darnold = 3;1

Watson, Jackson, Stafford, Goff and Darnold are the QBs with a 3 year gap between HS and NFL and started in year 1 making the list.

Watson and Stafford missed 9 and 6 games respectively due to injury their rookie years.

The two standouts to me are Watson and Jackson and their ability to escape the pocket and run with the ball gave them an advantage imo. I'd prefer Tua is not doing that a whole lot this year.

The other two projected starting QBs in 2020 with 3;1 are Dwayne Haskins and Teddy Bridgewater.

When I consider Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers sitting their first year (Rodgers his first 3 years) I don't see the rush for Tua to be thrown in there given the circumstances around preparing for the season and the shuffling taking place on Miami's OL.

Did playing Goff and Darnold their rookie year make them better QBs?

Make of it what you will.
It all boil down to how good u are..it more about Tua health than talent.tua have enough talent too start yr one.. if dolphins start Tua it find too. Only qb we got on roster is Tua..There is no right or wrong way off doing this.. he is going start this yr at some point..

Last edited:
For example Weather Mohome started his rookie yr or not K.C still was going make playoff.. weather Tua start or not start dolphins probably ain't make playoff this yr. The team plays a big part too and coaches.

Last edited:
It all boil down to how good u are..it more about Tua health than talent.tua have enough talent too start yr one.. if dolphins start Tua it find too. Only qb we got on roster is Tua..There is no right or wrong way off doing this.. he is going start this yr at some point..
If the OL is a disaster there is definitely a wrong way.

If the OL is a disaster there is definitely a wrong way.
If Bakefield,Murry,Donald and Burrow are play w terrible OL so can Tua. Most great player peak earle in thier career. You cant hold his hand or hold Tua back..waiting on ol. These coach will be fired by than

If Bakefield,Murry,Donald and Burrow are play w terrible OL so can Tua. Most great player peak earle in thier career. You cant hold his hand or hold Tua back..waiting on ol. These coach will be fired by than
Brother I think this will be working itself out as Tua gets healthy, learns the playbook, gives the Dolphins a better chance to win than Ryan, and at the same time the offensive line has grown together. When Coach Flores sees the right time to put him in I am sure he will.

Brother I think this will be working itself out as Tua gets healthy, learns the playbook, gives the Dolphins a better chance to win than Ryan, and at the same time the offensive line has grown together. When Coach Flores sees the right time to put him in I am sure he will.
It work it self out one way or another..

A 1st round pick isn't earning anything, he just a QB on hold, start him now! let him learn what's it like to win and lose because of his decisions and then he will get better, if you expect the the fins to be bad then why not let him start?

I'm asking because I don't know. Did any of those guys start behind 4, maybe 5, new OLmen, with 2-3 being rookies , new RBs, and a new OC?

Back
Top Bottom