Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa HEATED Debate: What Is Needed From Miami Dolphiins For Him To Start Right Away?

Tua won't know how he is physically until he takes a hit and get's back up. 100% healthy doesn't mean anything if a Dr is telling him this, or a trainer is saying he looks 100%. I agree with Resnor that if he is medically cleared to play, has a grasp of the playbook and his WR/RB's then he's good to go.

IMO, there's no hurry to play Tua when Miami has Fitzpatrick in there and is familiar with Gailey and his players around him. This is invaluable information Tua can soak up until the time comes that Tagovailoa takes over.

Not necessarily... throwing someone to the wolves isnt always the best strategy either

If "throwing to the wolves" means no matter what he starts game 1 then I agree ...

I don't think he will start regardless ... I do think he will start IF he beats or matches Fitz in camp ... if you are referring to the competence of the OL ... well it is what it is and a talented QB will have to manage around it ... we have to have the best QB out there regardless unless the FO plays possum because they want one more round of high draft picks to increase their chances ... but in this money league players, coaches (reputation/future) and owners want to win now.

The statements above do not necessarily reflect the attitudes/opinions of those who disagree with me.

Thank God we have a HC with brains. Brian Flores WILL NOT start Tua Tagovailoa until the Offensive Line is solidified and he knows the playbook 100%. So all of these debates and "heated" arguments are just a waste of time. Fitzpatrick KNOWS Chan Gailey's offense better than anyone in the league. the offense will florish very well under Fitz until Tagovailoa is ready. This is how it is going to be. Get used to it.

Yeah ... I wish someone would start a thread that isn't such a waste of time :rolleyes:

This time of year, under the circumstances, speculation is almost all we have ... you don't have to play along ... just messing with you :chuckle:

I agree Fitz has the upper hand ... BUT IF Tua beats or matches him in camp Fitz will be holding a clipboard ... OL needs the future out there to learn his style and how to better protect him .... OC needs him out there to build with him and around his talents ... IMO

Fitz and Tua are not the same so won't the OL have to "adjust" to different playing styles?
Real question ... I think the blocking and protections will be different to a degree for the 2 QB's. Does that matter?

I'm asking because I don't know. Did any of those guys start behind 4, maybe 5, new OLmen, with 2-3 being rookies , new RBs, and a new OC?
Did Murry and Mayfield have good oline??? We are bottom of barrel team.. we are not playoff team. That why u draft best qb in nfl..

.Did Murry and Mayfield have good oline??? We are bottom of barrel team.. we are not playoff team. That why u draft best qb in nfl..

For reference, Mayfield's OL was ranked 14th the previous year with most (all?) OLmen returning. The previous year's O total yards ranked 22nd and rush yards ranked ~20th. Ranked 26th in # of sacks. I'd say he had a better start. And, remember, he didn't beat out Tyrod - hardly a HOFr. He started when Tyrod was injured

For reference, Mayfield's OL was ranked 14th the previous year with most (all?) OLmen returning. The previous year's O total yards ranked 22nd and rush yards ranked ~20th. Ranked 26th in # of sacks. I'd say he had a better start. And, remember, he didn't beat out Tyrod - hardly a HOFr. He started when Tyrod was injured
At some point this yr. I would love see Tua take over for future of dolphins..Fitzpatrick, Mat Moore and Tyrod are backup. ..

I think he has the third most rushing yards since entering the league.

That was before last season, i don't know where he ranks today.

The Philly media thought they had uncovered a sleeper too. He may end up being a pleasant surprise, but i'm not expecting it.

Yeah ... I wish someone would start a thread that isn't such a waste of time :rolleyes:

This time of year, under the circumstances, speculation is almost all we have ... you don't have to play along ... just messing with you :chuckle:

I agree Fitz has the upper hand ... BUT IF Tua beats or matches him in camp Fitz will be holding a clipboard ... OL needs the future out there to learn his style and how to better protect him .... OC needs him out there to build with him and around his talents ... IMO

Fitz and Tua are not the same so won't the OL have to "adjust" to different playing styles?
Real question ... I think the blocking and protections will be different to a degree for the 2 QB's. Does that matter?
I do agree that speculation is all we have now but... Why would the coaches put Tagovailoa in less than a year after a serious hip injury and an unproven Offensive Line? Plus there is no pressure to win now and he won't have a pre-season to win that job.

I do agree that speculation is all we have now but...
Why would the coaches put Tagovailoa in less than a year after a serious hip injury (because he is ready and he beat Fitz in camp would be a reason)
and an unproven Offensive Line? (It's been "unproven for years ... waiting is not the answer)
Plus there is no pressure to win now and he won't have a pre-season to win that job.

IF Tua beats or matches him in camp Fitz will be holding a clipboard ... OL needs the future out there to learn his style and how to better protect him .... OC needs him out there to build with him and around his talents ... IMO

There is always pressure to win ... millions of dollars at stake... Make your own luck ... stop waiting for the right moment ... they rarely come ... besides if he sucks or gets injured we will be picking early again next draft with plenty of resources ... my opinion of course

Heres the interesting thing. We all know he has to earn. it. Flo has already said TUA has done everything off the field to play. Now he needs to see him on. the field commanding the offense.

We all know who the best QB is on this team.

Back
Top Bottom