Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

What leadership? Alabama players are saying they prefer Mac Jones. The 2020 Dolphins players clearly preferred Fitz. The fact that the team quit on him in Buffalo actually says that he has no leadership Intangibles.
Do you want to fire Flo too? Because the last time I checked, teams quitting in the middle of a game is on the coach, and not one player.

not to mention, the team didn’t quit the game. They just got radically out played / schemed, and players started to over compensate, which leads to lots of mistakes.

What leadership? Alabama players are saying they prefer Mac Jones. The 2020 Dolphins players clearly preferred Fitz. The fact that the team quit on him in Buffalo actually says that he has no leadership Intangibles.

They quit or they didn’t measure up?
350 yards in a losing effort is just another day at the office for Herbert

To be fair (and I wouldn't presume to speak for us all), he didn't show any more than the vast majority of highly touted rookies.

We drafted him knowing his physical limitations, and counted on the other things. So far they haven't shown to be extraordinarily better than anyone else.

Now, I do believe that part of being a QB at this level takes time to develop. Sometimes it takes a few years.

All I'm saying is he hasn't shown anything special to this point. To argue otherwise is irrational, IMO.
I've seen his vaunted release and his accuracy already. The issue isn't whether he can physically make the throws. The issue that I see is that he doesn't always know where to go with the ball yet and some games were too quick for him hence the yanks against Denver and the Raiders because he was eating too many sacks holding on to the ball too long. I have a hard time believing that Flores pulled him for any other reason than his own safety in those games and I was feeling the same way while watching.

Nice sig. What's it say under your screen name? That you're a black belt at giving BJ's?

Funny Face Reaction GIF
LOL..... stay tuned you little prick. I got something for ya. 😉

I've seen his vaunted release and his accuracy already. The issue isn't whether he can physically make the throws. The issue that I see is that he doesn't always know where to go with the ball yet and some games were too quick for him hence the yanks against Denver and the Raiders because he was eating too many sacks holding on to the ball too long. I have a hard time believing that Flores pulled him for any other reason than his own safety in those games and I was feeling the same way while watching.
Don't misunderstand what I was saying. He has enough arm to be successful.

I only meant that a howitzer is fairly easy to showcase day 1, as opposed to the implied strength of Tua's reads, quick decision making, and overall understanding/command of an offense, which can take time to develop.

While there is some merit to the point that Fitz was able to move the ball, where TT wasn't, the reality is it's silly to compare a 17yr vet, who knows with confidence where he wants to go pre snap, to a rookie who isn't comfortable with the speed of the NFL, let alone ready to identify defensive schemes in a split second, post snap.

It really isn't a surprise that Fitz was better equipped to handle jail break situations.

The issue is exactly as you said. The problem is, that's the exact area in which TT was supposed to excel, and be ready from the get go, and unless he comes in this year substantially better in that area, it's fair to ask ourselves how long he gets before we explore other avenues.

Don't misunderstand what I was saying. He has enough arm to be successful.

I only meant that a howitzer is fairly easy to showcase day 1, as opposed to the implied strength of Tua's reads, quick decision making, and overall understanding/command of an offense, which can take time to develop.

While there is some merit to the point that Fitz was able to move the ball, where TT wasn't, the reality is it's silly to compare a 17yr vet, who knows with confidence where he wants to go pre snap, to a rookie who isn't comfortable with the speed of the NFL, let alone ready to identify defensive schemes in a split second, post snap.

It really isn't a surprise that Fitz was better equipped to handle jail break situations.

The issue is exactly as you said. The problem is, that's the exact area in which TT was supposed to excel, and be ready from the get go, and unless he comes in this year substantially better in that area, it's fair to ask ourselves how long he gets before we explore other avenues.
Who said reading defenses and all that was supposed to be what Tua was supposed to excel at day 1? He was supposed to be accurate with a quick release from day 1 which he was, but using that as the expectation feels like a gross mischaracterization on what the expectations actually were from a majority of his supporters on this board. Rookies aren't good at reading defenses outside of exceptionally rare cases and I don't see how a QB coming off a devastating injury and no offseason was supposed to buck that trend, high pedigree or not.

Who said reading defenses and all that was supposed to be what Tua was supposed to excel at day 1? He was supposed to be accurate with a quick release from day 1 which he was, but using that as the expectation feels like a gross mischaracterization on what the expectations actually were from a majority of his supporters on this board. Rookies aren't good at reading defenses outside of exceptionally rare cases and I don't see how a QB coming off a devastating injury and no offseason was supposed to buck that trend, high pedigree or not.
Not really seeing where our views greatly differ here.

Ability to pre/post read?

I've already stated that takes time.

You refer to a "majority" of his supporters. I don't think there is a majority concensus on anything at Finheaven, let alone this, and why do you only include "supporters"? Isn't that introducing one sided bias into the discussion from the start?

He needs to be markedly better than what he has shown. That's the bottom line reality.

Do you disagree? All the reasons/excuses are just window dressing.

Weather u like Tua or not..it boil down to. Weather he can play position at high level..ls Tua better than Trubisky or Darnold??? I dont know?? Only time will tell..

You have to earn your Respect with your play
This is spot on, no one deserves respect automatically on a sports field,, you have to prove yourself to get that respect even if it’s only given grudgingly, you’ve earned it

Back
Top Bottom