Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett

Sorry posted in much older thread barely viewed now. Just think many would get a kick out of it.

More appropriate spot to look at our RB's,

Reasons, "Phinside the NFL " evaluation 7th rd pk. RB Gerrid Doaks ...hope you enjoy

Jordan Scarlett

Last edited:
Nice to see Scarlett getting some love. I don't like his odds to make the 53 man roster, but he could be a practice squad option. Another rb that I dismiss alot that likely has a better chance of sticking around is Patrick Laird. I think th team really likes Laird as a 4th rb who can handle 20-30 carries per season and catch a few passes out of be backfield. They might not see him as a fulltime rb option, but as a deep depth role I think the Dolphins are comfortable with Laird.

Gaskin and Brown are roster locks, the remaining rb battle with Ahmad, Scarlett, Laird and Doaks might not be flashy, but could be interesting to follow in training camp. I would also keep an eye out on the team signing someone either prior to training camp or after the other teams make their final roster cuts in September.

i never put too much into wonderlic scores but ffs maybe in tua's case it does matter. why the **** does a guy off the street who hasn't played football since 2019 have to tell the greatest generational talent the world has ever seen what he's supposed to be doing?
Doesn’t specify which QB it was, could’ve been any one of the 3; Brissett, Stinnett, or Tagovailoa. I’m leaning to it being Stinnett since he’s the 3rd string QB and Scarlett is probably mainly running with the 3s.

I will be extremely surprised if Scarlett makes the final 53. Perhaps he will make the practice squad but that’s about all my expectations are for him at this time.

Maybe someone could help me with this...why do we put SO much stock in wonderlic scores? Like if your score is 48, like Fitz, you should never make a boneheaded mistake with the ball. Umm...
And if your score is in the teens, you're probably not smart enough to play NFL football. Like Dan Marino, for example. Couldn't complete a pass or score a TD to save his mama's life.
I looked at some of those math questions on the Wonderlic, and while I could have figured them out, it would take me a while and might run out of time on the actual test.
Just because I struggle with a word problem on a test, it doesn't mean I don't have other areas in which I excel.
Just because Tua scored a 16 doesn't mean he's not smart enough to remember plays.
Some people put stock in the Wonderlic score of NFL players. Most people just care about how a player plays on the field and not what he scored on the test. Tua’s score is only relevant to those who already have a bias against him and that just gives them another excuse to demean him as an NFL QB.

Anyone heard anything about Doaks?
I really like the pick. I thought he would be our wrecking ball short yardage back. Haven't seen his name in last two practices.

Last edited:
Agreed. As soon as I hear the best shape of his life line, I'm out.
c4488401-2c93-40dd-b342-52c5f6e54973_screenshot.jpg

"I'm in the best shape of my life!!!"

Maybe someone could help me with this...why do we put SO much stock in wonderlic scores? Like if your score is 48, like Fitz, you should never make a boneheaded mistake with the ball. Umm...
And if your score is in the teens, you're probably not smart enough to play NFL football. Like Dan Marino, for example. Couldn't complete a pass or score a TD to save his mama's life.
I looked at some of those math questions on the Wonderlic, and while I could have figured them out, it would take me a while and might run out of time on the actual test.
Just because I struggle with a word problem on a test, it doesn't mean I don't have other areas in which I excel.
Just because Tua scored a 16 doesn't mean he's not smart enough to remember plays.
this this this

When you put "loves" in quotes by itself, what does it really mean?

Back
Top Bottom