Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett

this this this
It’s like the guy who can’t name half of the 50 states but could rebuild you transmission in seven seconds flat. Or a guy who shoots nothing but bullseyes at the range but when faced with an actual threat, goes into a fetal position. Practical knowledge and thinking on your feet are not indicative of general intellect.

I think that the wonderlic (I keep thinking about the best date of my life, but I digress) test is good for one thing... the ability to quickly absorb a playbook. Guys that read well and who have better comprehension because of that, TEND to absorb written material better and faster... this does NOT mean that a less well-read person can't eventually manage the material, only that he'll probably need more time to do it.

We all read these posts and reports. Names we don't recognise. They all put that helmet on with that Dolphin sig. I wish him all the best personally and from a team perspective. It's all positive.

Anyone heard anything about Doaks?
I really like the pick. I thought he would be our wreaking ball short yardage back. Haven't seen his name in last two practices.
I believe he's recovering and in rehab for a minor injury, something ankle or foot related I think.

Some people put stock in the Wonderlic score of NFL players. Most people just care about how a player plays on the field and not what he scored on the test. Tua’s score is only relevant to those who already have a bias against him and that just gives them another excuse to demean him as an NFL QB.

I don't put a ton of stock into it, but when Vince Young was drafted everyone and their mother trashed him about his score and said he was too stupid to play QB in the NFL.

Its an intelligence test, of course on the field play matters more but you'd generally want a QB with good general intelligence because of the number of different things he has to remember and process to run an offense.

I don't put a ton of stock into it, but when Vince Young was drafted everyone and their mother trashed him about his score and said he was too stupid to play QB in the NFL.

Its an intelligence test, of course on the field play matters more but you'd generally want a QB with good general intelligence because of the number of different things he has to remember and process to run an offense.
I'll be thrilled if Tua's mental acuity translates into the kind of field command possessed by Marino who actually had a lower score!

Back
Top Bottom