Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett

However, it isn’t just Hicks who is showing Scarlett love. “Tua loves him,” said Hicks.
"And it isn't just Tua that loves him," goes on Hicks. "Flores loves Scarlet. Grier loves Scarlet. Stephen Ross loves Scarlet. Belichik loves Scarlet. Aaron Rogers loves Scarlet. Deshaun Watson loves Scarlet. J-Lo loves Scarlet. Dwayne Johnson loves Scarlet. Alex Rodriguez loves Scarlet. Rhett Butler loves Scarlet. It isn't just me. I could keep going on and on, but then it would sound silly."
I love Scarlett...

However, it isn’t just Hicks who is showing Scarlett love. “Tua loves him,” said Hicks.
"And it isn't just Tua that loves him," goes on Hicks. "Flores loves Scarlet. Grier loves Scarlet. Stephen Ross loves Scarlet. Belichik loves Scarlet. Aaron Rogers loves Scarlet. Deshaun Watson loves Scarlet. J-Lo loves Scarlet. Dwayne Johnson loves Scarlet. Alex Rodriguez loves Scarlet. Rhett Butler loves Scarlet. It isn't just me. I could keep going on and on, but then it would sound silly."
But, does Santa Claus love Scarlet?
How about Satan?

You know … the important influencers of human behavior. ;)

me for one. I love hearing their insight from a perspective other than coaches. I find them much more informative than the same prewritten garbage coach speak we get from normal interviews. Besides we are going into the longest 6 weeks of the year. It's like 6 weeks of Christmas eve waiting on training camp to start. At this point I would watch a video interview from a waitress telling what a backup camp fodder ordered as an appetizer.
You should take the next 6 weeks to find a decent hobby then.

The commentary is clearly going to be biased...In other words, the insight is about as good as Omar Kelly's views on the team...with a positive spin on it because those players the trainer talks about are his clients.

Nice to see Scarlett getting some love. I don't like his odds to make the 53 man roster, but he could be a practice squad option. Another rb that I dismiss alot that likely has a better chance of sticking around is Patrick Laird. I think th team really likes Laird as a 4th rb who can handle 20-30 carries per season and catch a few passes out of be backfield. They might not see him as a fulltime rb option, but as a deep depth role I think the Dolphins are comfortable with Laird.

Gaskin and Brown are roster locks, the remaining rb battle with Ahmad, Scarlett, Laird and Doaks might not be flashy, but could be interesting to follow in training camp. I would also keep an eye out on the team signing someone either prior to training camp or after the other teams make their final roster cuts in September.
I agree. Wouldn't be surprised to see Miami bring in a veteran running back.

But hearing good things about Scarlett is certainly a positive.

So far. Grier hasn’t helmed a team that has won anything so I don’t hold him to some high regard.
That’s very true…and it’s not like we haven’t seen questionable or bad picks.

Also…He traded away some very good players for draft capital to do what he’s done…the final chapter has yet to be written!

That’s very true…and it’s not like we haven’t seen questionable or bad picks.

Also…He traded away some very good players for draft capital to do what he’s done…the final chapter has yet to be written!
I’m waiting for the next chapter of them getting into and winning a playoff game first.

Here is the key line in the fansided piece...

Scarlett has been training with Hicks since entering his freshman year of high school.

Which means... The trainer is EXTREMELY biased and has a monetary interest in pumping Scarlett. In other words, his opinion is nearly worthless.

This does not imply that Scarlett won't make the team, only that this particular piece should be ignored.
I'm just can I get this off my chest early. This is bedtime for the next 4 to 5 weeks. Please stop itching about subject matter. Some of us are still starving for any information we can get. If anyone should be ignoring this it should be you.

Back
Top Bottom