Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama.

I would still today take JT Barrett over Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Allen. I do not think those guys were and are worth a shot, they are a waste of time imo. That goes to the point that it's a four-year business and they have to perform consistently and successful to the contract, carrying and taking the team to playoffs and giving you a chance to win it all. To do that, they have to prove it in college by performing successfully consistently at good volume, and they have to be young, and match other such prospects who came out and had success.
Tua is problematic because of the low passing volume.
I had 4 Qbs worth a shot in first rd last year, Mayfield, Rudolph, Ferguson, and Barrett. And I stick to that.

I certainly admire your conviction sir. I'll take that over riding the fence any day.

Go watch the championship game last year against Georgia and tell me he doesn’t carry that team. He brought that team back from a loss to a win.

Not one game does a QB make. I would like to see more of him, I will keep an eye on him from hence forth because everyone is talking about him fiercely.

Fromm got brought back down to earth this year after he was the flavor of the year last year, Tua stole that thunder and hasn’t looked back, continuing it into this year.
I know he’s playing on the best team in the nation, but watching him play he’s got command of that offense like a damn field general. He’s also a real nice guy watching him in interviews.

Everyone making fun of Gruden, but he has positioned himself for Tua 2020.

If I'm Gruden- trade Carr for 1st Rdr
That's 4 1st RD picks 2019
Trade down for multiple 2020 1st/ 2nds.

I don’t see Gruden stock piling picks for Tua. He always picks up vet QBs to run his system unless he’s changed. Maybe he can give us one of the 1st rd picks for Tannehill. :lol:

The idea of thinking about 2 drafts from now is just not realistic...with that said, there isn't a single breathing person that can watch Alabama and then not say Tua is the real deal.

Everyone making fun of Gruden, but he has positioned himself for Tua 2020.

If I'm Gruden- trade Carr for 1st Rdr
That's 4 1st RD picks 2019
Trade down for multiple 2020 1st/ 2nds.

I’m not making fun of Gruden. I would do the exact same thing if I had his contract. I would jettison Carr for 2020 picks immediately.

I'll leave it up to you gents that know way more about college FB than I do.

If everyone is saying the Kid is special then that's what I'm going with.

BUT, having watched a few minutes of BAMA games here in there the first thing I ask is

1) How big is the Kid? He looks like he's 5' 10" out there
2) Wait, He's left-handed? Lol
3) He seems to be able to move well back there. But I question his eye discipline.

He just doesn't have that typical QB look you aim for. Heck, he probably could pass for Russell Wilson's "little brother"

I'll leave it up to you gents that know way more about college FB than I do.

If everyone is saying the Kid is special then that's what I'm going with.

BUT, having watched a few minutes of BAMA games here in there the first thing I ask is

1) How big is the Kid? He looks like he's 5' 10" out there
2) Wait, He's left-handed? Lol
3) He seems to be able to move well back there. But I question his eye discipline.

He just doesn't have that typical QB look you aim for. Heck, he probably could pass for Russell Wilson's "little brother"
He's listed 6 foot 1 which is fine. But he's 20 years old and people are talking him up like the greatest QB ever. Alot of pressure on him lol

The same thing was said about Andrew luck and he's been pretty much a flop. I'm just wary of guys who are annoited so early. They never live up to the hype

He's listed 6 foot 1 which is fine. But he's 20 years old and people are talking him up like the greatest QB ever. Alot of pressure on him lol

The same thing was said about Andrew luck and he's been pretty much a flop. I'm just wary of guys who are annoited so early. They never live up to the hype
Lucks plunge had more to do with injuries than anything. He took a team that had the #1 pick to the playoffs. Threw for 40+ TDs in a season. Threw for over 4500 yards. And when he plays, they win. Luck was not a flop by any means before the injuries.

Luck looked like a legit passer that could translate to the next level. I don't see it with this kid or rather not to the level of a bonafide star.

But then again what the heck do I know.

A little perspective on Tua for the stat folk -

Tua's last 73 attempts:
1,090 yards
14 TDs & 0 INT

Haskins' last 73 attempts (vs Purdue):
470 yards
2 TDs & 1 INT

Tua leads the country in passing efficiency with an absurd 238.85 rating - Dwayne Haskins is 4th in the country with a rating of 174.06. A difference of 64.79. The difference is larger than the gap between Haskins and the lowest rated QB in the country that meets the minimum qualifying number of attempts.

Tua has led the offense to a TD on every single opening drive this season.

He's on his way to running away with the Heisman Trophy playing what amounts to a half a season. He only plays 2 to 2 1/2 quarters of meaningful football before mercy is bestowed on the opposition.

The ridiculous stats are endless - and the deeper you dig for 'em, the more mind blowing they get.

Tua does have ridiculous stats. He is the greatest QB ever. The only problem is, he does not have the passing volume.

Tua does have ridiculous stats. He is the greatest QB ever. The only problem is, he does not have the passing volume.

The volume is irrelevant. With all due respect to whatever it is you do with quarterbacks.

If Tua were eligible, he'd be the #1 overall pick in the draft. Today.

Tua is the best quarterback I've ever seen in the SEC. I don't know what you do with your Saturdays during football season, but I know what you ain't doing with 'em.

Back
Top Bottom